Default extra shards of potential are needed?

are any extra shards of potential needed for blanks with guild slots?
    or for eldritch rituals?

from what i`ve read, it`s no longer available the change in the prefix/suffix, right? so it is needed to made blank again, use all the shards of potential from lvl6, and then the desired shards. correct?

thx in advance for any replies

Guild augments don't require any potential.

Stone of change recipes do require extra potential, though I don't know how much extra is required. Hopefully just 1.

Disjuncting an item removes all potential shards, leaving you with a craftable (+5) blank.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Guild augments don't require any potential.

Stone of change recipes do require extra potential, though I don't know how much extra is required. Hopefully just 1.

Disjuncting an item removes all potential shards, leaving you with a craftable (+5) blank.
    From everything I have been following, and please, let me know if I am wrong, or it has been fixed, but isn't there a current bug/player known issue when trying to put a gem in the guild augment slot bugs it out? Or is that it increases the min level?

The bug you are thinking of is revealed by but not related to guild augments.

Occasionally the shard machines will allow you to craft more enchantment onto an item than it has potential. For example, +6 worth of stuff on an item that's only craftable (+5). This is a bug, and if it happens to you I recommend you immediately add enough potential shards to bring the item "up to code" before the shard machines realize the error. Once the shard machines become aware of the problem, that item is permanently locked in, and cannot be modified, disjuncted, or have any guild augment crystals added to a guild slot.

Attempting to slot a guild augment crystal will cause the game to verify that the item has enough potential to cover its enchantment level, and if there isn't enough potential the shard machines will now be aware of it and that item is permanently locked.

The guild augments themselves require no potential, and have no associated bugs. The confusion is because the stone of change checks for bugs in potential and enforces them, so it looks like the game is saying that the augment crystal requires potential but in reality it doesn't. It's pointing out an already-borked item, which is now permanently borked.