Page 141 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4618

Default Duoing the game (at least f2p so far)

Alright so me and a friend are returned after almost 6 years away from the game, and due to neither being currently employed, we are attempting for the legendary f2p VIP.

We have been running just the two of us so far and plan to keep it that way bar Raids as we move through the servers, trying new combinations and determining what server we will call home.

In our current run i am a paladin with 1 level splash of cleric to use the cure critical wands as i find them better than the spells and he is a PM wiz with 1 rog and for some reason 1 rgr. The rog was for trapping to allow for max bonuses.

That background said let me actually get to my build request. In our next he plans to play a cleric (always was my personal healbot lol) and i would like to attempt to do the PM wiz/rog as i think it can be a powerful toon. As far as races, classes, etc we are straight out the f2p door (we will use our TP when pack sales occur)

So I ask this - what will my best bet for a pure f2p 28pt build be as a PM wiz/rog focused on the wiz to run with a WarPriest clr?

Let me know if you need any more information
    and as always
    Thank you in advance for your help.

There's a F2P wizard/rogue build linked in my signature: Pale Trapper.

You said warpriest for the cleric, but if he has any interest in being a caster, the (also F2P) Necro Cleric linked in my signature is fun and pairs quite nicely with a pale trapper.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    There's a F2P wizard/rogue build linked in my signature: Pale Trapper.

You said warpriest for the cleric, but if he has any interest in being a caster, the (also F2P) Necro Cleric linked in my signature is fun and pairs quite nicely with a pale trapper.
    Wow, the Trapper is actually exactly what I am looking for. And I will DEFINITELY be pointing out the Necro to him.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Do you want a monkcher?
    You didn't direct this to me, but actually yes, I'd love to see what a basic monkcher build looks like. I've created a few threads over the years asking for monkcher advice but they always got very little feedback.

My request is thus: What is the basic monkcher build? Any race/class/build points/tomes/whatever requirements are fine. If it requires completionist, 4 twists and a +7 supreme tome, so be it. I just want to know the core build.

In addition to the core build, brief comments on the basic variations or build decisions are also welcome.

(I'm considering TRing my tempest trapmonkey into one once he finishes his current third heroic life. 3x ranger past lives seems like a good place to start, plus he has a pinion.)

You didn't direct this to me, but actually yes, I'd love to see what a basic monkcher build looks like. I've created a few threads over the years asking for monkcher advice but they always got very little feedback.

My request is thus: What is the basic monkcher build? Any race/class/build points/tomes/whatever requirements are fine. If it requires completionist, 4 twists and a +7 supreme tome, so be it. I just want to know the core build.

In addition to the core build, brief comments on the basic variations or build decisions are also welcome.

(I'm considering TRing my tempest trapmonkey into one once he finishes his current third heroic life. 3x ranger past lives seems like a good place to start, plus he has a pinion.)
    I think it comes down to 10k stars, manyshot, and slayer arrows. The rest is open though maybe sniper shot should be part of that list.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

My request is thus: What is the basic monkcher build?
    I've always defined a monkcher as "uses a bow and has 10K Stars," which means at least 6 monk lvls (combat rotation here). It usually has access to AA as well, either thru rgr or racial (HE / elf) tree, since Slaying Arrow is still a good idea. Beyond that, there's a lot of flexibility with the remaining 14 lvls; so monkchers can be combined with any class (apart from bard & barb, ofc). Current FotM is pal 14 / monk 6; you can see my take here.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Default Iconic FvS

m'kay, tried this in the FvS thread a week ago and no bites.

Would like a build for getting a favoured soul past life using PDK.
    The class is completely uninspiring to me, though, but I don't want to just use a "get it over and done with" build. I could do that on my own. :P

Assets:
    Has +5 tomes.
    Has wiz, fvs, bard, and cleric past lives.
    Has access to all classes and content.
    All destinies unlocked.

Limitations:
    Must use PDK.
    Must qualify for FvS past life.
    No THF. I've done that several times recently and I'm quite bored with it.
    At least one fighter level. I do not want to use a +X heart on this character as it will reincarnate at some time into something else.

Other considerations:
    This character does not have a lot of named items that aren't turn-ins at lvl 20.
    I can farm a few things if needed if it doesn't involve a lot of time or raiding.
    If it's BTA I may have it or have mats to get it already.
    Have enough dragonscales and/or relics on account to craft whatever in GH.
    Have access to full cannith crafting.
    Want reasonably solid DPS from whatever source while not horribly squishy - already have a glass cannon and don't need a second.
    Does not need to be solo-EE viable. I may run a few EE with people I know and would like to meaningfully contribute, though.
    I usually enjoy things just a little quirky, and I've had fun with caster, TWF, ranged, and unarmed characters in the past, so really anything just a little different and interesting that qualifies for a FvS past life.

Default Max Spell Power

Bit of an odd request, But im looking for a first life build for any of the Iconic chars that is focused on the maximum possible spell power in any of the schools. The char has no practical uses its just min maxing on thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasiddy View Post
    Limitations:
    Must use PDK.
    Must qualify for FvS past life.
    No THF. I've done that several times recently and I'm quite bored with it.
    At least one fighter level. I do not want to use a +X heart on this character as it will reincarnate at some time into something else.
    First idea: FvS 12 / bard 5 / ftr 3 - Warpriest / Swashbuckler. Usual SWF+SM feats, a few metamagics. Stab things, heal - rinse, repeat. Depending on gear, can go STR-, CHA-, or INT-based for dmg.
    Pros: good melee DPS, good healing, defensive stances
    Cons: restricted to lt armor & bucklers but no Evasion (unless use SD in epics)

Second idea: FvS 17 / ftr 3 along the lines of Arlathen's build.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I need 3 build ideas
    - Shadar-kai rogue great x-bow user. arty splash is ok.
    - High dps wraps user, winter wolf or ranger splash is ok.
    - Tree build. I want to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesta View Post
    - Shadar-kai rogue great x-bow user. arty splash is ok.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...epeater-Builds

First idea: FvS 12 / bard 5 / ftr 3 - Warpriest / Swashbuckler. Usual SWF+SM feats, a few metamagics. Stab things, heal - rinse, repeat. Depending on gear, can go STR-, CHA-, or INT-based for dmg.
    Pros: good melee DPS, good healing, defensive stances
    Cons: restricted to lt armor & bucklers but no Evasion (unless use SD in epics)

Second idea: FvS 17 / ftr 3 along the lines of Arlathen's build.
    First idea:

Max cha, High con, moderate dex, enough int for UMD, Heal, Perform, Balance
    focus on shortswords (CHA to attk, dmg, with PDK training)

Leveling:
    1 fighter
    2-6 bard
    7-12 fvs
    13-14 fighter
    15-20 fvs

all levelups into CHA

7 AP into PDK (Damage Boost, Knight Training, CHA, Improved Recovery)
    7 AP into Kensei (action boosts)
    12 AP into Warpriest (Wall of Steel, CHA)
    13 AP into Warchanter (High Spirits)
    41 AP into Swashbuckling

selected feats:
    Precision
    Shield Mastery
    Single Weapon Fighting
    Force of Personality
    Quicken Spell
    Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    Improved Shield Mastery
    Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons
    Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    Empower Healing Spell
    Overwhelming Critical
    Dodge
    Perfect Single Weapon Fighting
    Ruin
    Elusive Target

Does it look like I'd be overlooking anything major going with something like this?
    (Might move all AP from Kensei and a couple from PDK to Warpriest for Ameliorating Strike - haven't played with that before)

The purpose of ftr 3 is so you can take defensive stance from Stalwart Defender. It's worth it just for +25 PRR for 6 APs, IMHO.

My initial thought for Enhancements was: 35 APs Swashbuckler (T5s), 22 APs WP (Ameliorating Strike), 13 APs SD (Gtr Defensive Stance), 3 APs PDK (CKT). That only leaves 7 APs for other PrEs, though.

The purpose of ftr 3 is so you can take defensive stance from Stalwart Defender. It's worth it just for +25 PRR for 6 APs, IMHO.

My initial thought for Enhancements was: 35 APs Swashbuckler (T5s), 22 APs WP (Ameliorating Strike), 13 APs SD (Gtr Defensive Stance), 3 APs PDK (CKT). That only leaves 7 APs for other PrEs, though.
    OK, reincarnating now, will try a distribution along these lines.
    Thanks.

Community Member

Cool

If this is a REQUEST thread, I would love some help.

I just got back to DDO after the initial launch and then only played very briefly...

I am only Free to Play, so I am limited some what...

I was thinking of buying the OTTO box option to get enough XP to start a lvl 20 F2P WIZARD ONLY. Not multi...

This Wizard will most likely 95% chance be a solo wizard as I don't have any game friends.

I am not very good at setting up great toons, but I really like playing. I was hoping someone could
    lend a hand with a strong solo wizard build. I don't think I will have all the new fangled races, so just the normal general races are fine.

I need help with putting together all the ENHANCEMENTS, feats, skills and spells best suited to keep a solo wizard alive with in reason of course.

The OTTO box ends Aug. 24th, so if you could help me before that. That would be awesome.

Thank you in Advance...
    Ziabis

Quote Originally Posted by ZIABIS View Post
    I just got back to DDO after the initial launch and then only played very briefly...
    I was thinking of buying the OTTO box option to get enough XP to start a lvl 20 F2P WIZARD ONLY. Not multi...
    This Wizard will most likely 95% chance be a solo wizard as I don't have any game friends
    Thank you in Advance...
    Ziabis

Welcome back to the game.

If I was you I'd not buy an otto box and invest that money into buying the new Warlock class which is very powerful magic damage dealer class and is a much better solution as a first lifer as opposed to a wizard.
    With the warlock you should have no problem getting to level 20 especially as a first life toon. That should also save you some money that you can invest to buy some end game adventure packs like Necropolis 4, Trial of the archons and Thunderholme (5 raids in there).
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

This Wizard will most likely 95% chance be a solo wizard as I don't have any game friends.

I am not very good at setting up great toons, but I really like playing. I was hoping someone could
    lend a hand with a strong solo wizard build. I don't think I will have all the new fangled races, so just the normal general races are fine.

I need help with putting together all the ENHANCEMENTS, feats, skills and spells best suited to keep a solo wizard alive with in reason of course.

The OTTO box ends Aug. 24th, so if you could help me before that. That would be awesome.

Thank you in Advance...
    Ziabis
    This build should do:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422622

I would also highly advise against buying an otto's box.
    If you are new to the class you should really take the time and learn all the spells and enhancements and what they do step by step.
    If you just jump to 20, you'll probably miss out on actually 'learning' how to play a wizard.

Making a wizard first life (instead of sorcerer or warlock) is usually a good idea if you want to try out arcane spellcasters. Their flexibility in changing spells at any given time let's you explore all the heroic spells more easily and it also gives you access to the by far best past life feat for any future caster if you ever decide to TR.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stinging_Bee View Post

Welcome back to the game.

If I was you I'd not buy an otto box and invest that money into buying the new Warlock class which is very powerful magic damage dealer class and is a much better solution as a first lifer as opposed to a wizard.
    With the warlock you should have no problem getting to level 20 especially as a first life toon. That should also save you some money that you can invest to buy some end game adventure packs like Necropolis 4, Trial of the archons and Thunderholme (5 raids in there).
    Thank you. What is a First Lifer?
    Would you have suggestions for Enhancements and Feats say up to level 10 or something?
    Last edited by ZIABIS; 08-20-2015 at 04:57 AM.

What is a First Lifer?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Heroic_True_Reincarnation
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Iconic_True_Reincarnation
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Reincarnation

Basically DDO's Reincarnation system is a way of gradually increasing your character's power by leveling through multiple lives - usually as different classes for various past life feats. A "first lifer" is what we call any brand-new character, as opposed to one which has been TRed at least once.

It's also an insidious way of keeping you playing the game as you run thru multiple lives ad nauseum as well as encourage you to make DDO Store purchases like XP potions and Ottos Boxes to cut down on your XP-grinding.

Default El Mariachi (build by request)

Request was for a modern take on an old idea: bard using repeaters. Requester is a VIP TRing a char with +4 Supreme tome, but doesn't have other P2P or Favor unlocks (i.e., no Artificer). [The only required tome on this build is +4 DEX.] This build requires Harper; if you don't have half-elves, human who takes hvy repeater prof will also work.

Build goals: solid ranged DPS (thanks to Mechanic + Harper) and full bardsongs inc. Inspire Heroics + Excellence. Also has max trap skills. Essentially a bard who buffs the party then hangs back providing cover fire.

Drawbacks: Ranged DPS will lag significantly behind the rog 18+ Mechanics (Expert Builder, lots more ranged SAs) and the rog 5+ / pal 14 builds (Holy Sword alone is about +35% critable dmg, I think). Almost all feats go towards ranged DPS, so very little left for metamagics or anything else.

Build named in honor of these guys.

Code:
    El Mariachi
    15/5 Bard/Rogue
    True Neutral Half-Elf

Level Order

1. Rogue           6. Bard           11. Bard           16. Bard
    2. Bard            7. Bard           12. Bard           17. Bard
    3. Bard            8. Bard           13. Bard           18. Bard
    4. Bard            9. Bard           14. Bard           19. Bard
    5. Rogue          10. Rogue          15. Rogue          20. Rogue

Stats
                   34pt     36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8        8       +4       4: INT
    Dexterity       15       15       +4       8: INT
    Constitution    16       16       +4      12: INT
    Intelligence    18       18       +4      16: INT
    Wisdom           8        8       +4      20: INT
    Charisma         8       10       +4      24: INT
                                              28: INT

Skills
              R  B  B  B  R  B  B  B  B  R  B  B  B  B  R  B  B  B  B  R
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Perform      5  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1  1  23
    Disable   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Open Lo   4           4              5              5              5  23
    Search    4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spot      4           4              5              5              5  23
    Bluff     4        2  2  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    UMD       4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Concent         4  3     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     22
    Spellcr                  1  3  4  4     2  1  1  1     2  1  1  1     22
    Balance   4                                         1     3  2  3     13
    Heal      2                                2  2  2     1  1     1     11
    Jump      4                                                            4
    Move Si   4                                                            4
    Swim      4                                                            4
    Tumble    4                                                            4
             ------------------------------------------------------------
             48 10 10 11 13 11 11 12 12 14 12 13 13 13 15 14 14 11 14 16
             48 10 10 11 13 11 11 12 12 14 12 13 13 13 15 14 14 14 14 16

Feats

1        : Rapid Reload
     1 HalfElf: Half-Elf Dilettante: Artificer
     3        : Point Blank Shot
     6        : Rapid Shot
     9        : Precise Shot
    12        : Improved Critical: Ranged
    15        : Improved Precise Shot
    18        : Precision
    21 Epic   : Inspire Excellence
    24 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    26 Destiny: Lasting Inspiration
    27 Epic   : Insightful Reflexes (or Empower Healing)
    28 Destiny: Doubleshot
    I staggered out the rog lvls in order to max out trap skills; the downside is it backloads the T4 & T5 Mechanic enhancements, so ranged DPS doesn't hit its full potential until lvl 20. TBH, though, this build has more skill pts than I know what to do with; feel free to move up the rog lvls so you have T5 Mechanic by lvl 12 for maximum pew-pew-pew.

Enhancements and EDs are where the real flexibility on this build is: lots of options, no way to get everything you might want, unfortunately. So how you spread your pts will depend on what primary role(s) you want to fill.

E.g., if you need to go max-ranged-DPS soloing mode, you might do something like this:
    Code:
    Enhancements (80 AP)

Half-Elf (4 AP)

• Versatile Nature, Human Intelligence, Human Damage Boost
    Mechanic (37 AP)
    • Arbalester, Tanglefoot
      1. Sharpshooter, Mechanics III
      2. Sharpshooter, Wand and Scroll Mastery III
      3. Sharpshooter, Wracking Shot III, Use Magical Device I, Intelligence
      4. Sharpshooter, Disable Construct III, Fletching III, Leg Shot
      5. Sharpshooter, Rapid Fire III, Mechanical Reloader
    Assassin (23 AP)
    • Knife in the Darkness
      1. Sneak Attack Training, Stealthy II
      2. Venomed Blades III, Sneak Attack Training, Damage Boost III
      3. Critical Mastery III, Sneak Attack Training, Intelligence
      4. Killer III
    Harper Agent (16 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
      2. Versatile Adept III, Know the Angles III
      3. Versatile Adept III, Strategic Combat
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
    2. Damage Boost III, Constitution
    3. Critical Damage III, Haste Boost III
    4. <none>
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer
    Twists of Fate (14 fate points)
    1. Otto's Whistler (Tier 3 Shiradi)
    2. Pin (Tier 2 Shiradi)
    3. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    EDIT: Pulverizer is for eSilver Slinger; if you don't have one, you can skip it for +1 CON or whatever.

But if you wanted more of a support / raid mode, you might give up ranged DPS for more party buffs:
    Code:
    Enhancements (80 AP)

Mechanic (23 AP)

• Arbalester, Tanglefoot
      1. Sharpshooter, Mechanics III
      2. Sharpshooter, Wand and Scroll Mastery III
      3. Sharpshooter, Wracking Shot III, Use Magical Device I, Intelligence
      4. Fletching III
    Spellsinger (7 AP)
    • Spellsinger
      1. Studies: Magical III, Lingering Songs III
    Warchanter (38 AP)
    • Skaldic: Constitution, Weapon Training, Song of Heroism, Fighting Spirit
      1. Poetic Edda III, Enchant Weapon, Rough and Ready III
      2. Words of Encouragement III, Arcane Shield Chant III, Iced Edges III
      3. Ironskin Chant III, Obstinance I
      4. Reckless Chant III, Armorer
      5. Expeditious Chant III, Chant of Power III, Howl of the North
    Harper Agent (12 AP)
    • Agent of Good I
      1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
      2. Versatile Adept II, Know the Angles III
      3. Strategic Combat
    Destiny (24 AP) Fatesinger
    1. Allure III, Dirge III
    2. Lucidity III, Masked Ball II
    3. Reign III, Aria II
    4. Echoes of Primal
    5. Fragment of Clarity II, Fragment of Valor II
    6. Turn of the Tide
    Twists of Fate (14 fate points)
    1. Otto's Whistler (Tier 3 Shiradi)
    2. Pin (Tier 2 Shiradi)
    3. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    With a few tweaks, this could also be converted into a thrower build using Swashbuckler + Mechanic. But since the +1 crit multiplier bonus from Swashbuckling isn't applying to throwing weapons, it loses a little of its appeal.

ETA: I believe Acrobat and Swashbuckler Fast Movement stack, so taking both would result in +20% base run speed. That costs 10 APs, though (7 APs SB, 3 APs Acro), so you gotta drop a fair bit to get both.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 11-21-2015 at 11:44 AM.

21. 08-22-2015, 01:21 PM

Page 141 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast