Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Upgrading old Reaver gear to new Reaver gear issue

A bit confused about the release notes today...from what I read, old items were supposed to be able to be upgraded now using the altar in Gianthold. I rushed over there on my TR with Ventilated Bracers (+7 armor along with the other stuff makes this a convenient +7 armor bracer in a few levels)...only to see only the Amulet of the Stormreaver and Cloudburst as the only items able to be upgraded...am I doing something wrong, or are these the only items that can be upgraded currently from the old version to the new upgradeable versions?

Edit: Went to necro just to check...looks like all the items are there. So the issue is either me or Gianthold.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 12-14-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

/sigh

This is so sad...

Do you guys do anything right the first time?

Christ.

Fail.

Before more people start complaining, I would like at least one person to verify I'm not just being ********...I'm really hoping it's just that.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    Do you guys do anything right the first time?

Christ.

Fail.
    To be fair this would be the second time. The first would be them not putting in upgrades when they released they upgraded the drops in the first place.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    To be fair this would be the second time. The first would be them not putting in upgrades when they released they upgraded the drops in the first place.
    Do you guys do anything right the 2nd time!!

Christ.

FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Or the third, depending on how you look at it, since it went down like this:

1 - Introduce new upgrade mechanism = No way to upgrade items
    2 - Fix seals to drop in raids = Can't upgrade old items
    3 - Fix old items to be upgradable = Still can't upgrade most Reaver ones

The one thing Turbine consistently gets right is QA Fail

To the OP, it's not just you, i rushed in with madstones in hand, same problem.

Maybe next update/patch perhaps, sigh.

Ah well, back to the game.
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Luciforge Coitburner Coithealz: Ghallanda

Community Manager

Unfortunately, the ability to upgrade most "old" reaver raid loot did not make it into the patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will be adding this to our Known Issues list soon. We expect to fix this in a future update.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We expect to fix this in a future update.
    I notice you didnt say next update, but future update.

Unfortunately, the ability to upgrade most "old" reaver raid loot did not make it into the patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will be adding this to our Known Issues list soon. We expect to fix this in a future update.
    lol.

At this rate you might be better just not typing release notes pre patch.. I think every single one of them is wrong:

Fixed several "String table" errors on challenge items and augment slots.
    -- Nope, they still show up.

Characters can no longer be power-leveled in challenges.
    --- Something that benefited players? Perhaps this is the one thing that actaully did make it in, not tested tho.

[edit] Items

Existing cookie jars should now contain the new cookies properly.
    --- Nope.
    There are now recipes to turn in old Stormreaver and Black Abbot raid loot items to grant them the "upgradeable" effect, which will allow them to be upgraded with Seals from the Hard/Elite difficulty modes of those raids.
    --- Nope.
    Three items from the Black Abbot raid (Breeze, Enduring Conviction, and Unwavering Ardency) were only appearing in upgradeable form on Normal difficulty. Now the upgradeable versions are available on Hard and Elite as well.
    --- ermm ok. But you have a known issue that says they aren't upgradeabloe, which is false, thats been fixed. They are all "upgradeable" in some form. Tho using the word upgradeable is a bit questionable in this case, as all three of those items got nerfed in some ways.
    The Tinker's Finesse set bonus now correctly grants the wearer True Seeing.
    --- Waana bet?
    Last edited by Shade; 12-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    I notice you didnt say next update, but future update.
    yes, but that's what they said about all this new upgraded loot - and in the very next update since they last said it, some of it is fixed. I'm sure they were aiming for all of it, but clearly they did what they could, which means they're actively working on it, 'future' or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

I have been critical of the state of the patch notes since about the time EU came out and things have as I worried kept on sliding down hill.

Even I am astonished to see such a small patch note with so many blatent errors that would have been found with minimal testing.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Sigh.

I am not even surprised anymore.

Is there some reason that you guys can't delay patches like this until, you know, the stuff you want to put in the release notes is true?

For ****'s sake! I'm tired of this ****!
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Classic!

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Just checked both accounts.

woo-woo stick no
    Bracers, no

Cookie jar, yes. Just rechecked with an old jar.

This all reminds me of a dysfunctional relative. You try to love them, but .......
    Last edited by ferd; 12-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Is there some reason that you guys can't delay patches like this until, you know, the stuff you want to put in the release notes is true?

For ****'s sake! I'm tired of this ****!

How many times do I have to tell you...you will never be the player that you dream of being ..until you Lvl your cleric..../cracks whip ..back to it slacker

"Come on folks its easy" Tico 20 Cleric, Montico Arti, Longlife 18/2 Ranger/monk, Jaaomae wc 20, Teeco Cleric

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    lol.

At this rate you might be better just not typing release notes pre patch.. I think every single one of them is wrong:

Fixed several "String table" errors on challenge items and augment slots.
    -- Nope, they still show up.

Characters can no longer be power-leveled in challenges.
    --- Something that benefited players? Perhaps this is the one thing that actaully did make it in, not tested tho.

[edit] Items

Existing cookie jars should now contain the new cookies properly.
    --- Nope.
    There are now recipes to turn in old Stormreaver and Black Abbot raid loot items to grant them the "upgradeable" effect, which will allow them to be upgraded with Seals from the Hard/Elite difficulty modes of those raids.
    --- Nope.
    Three items from the Black Abbot raid (Breeze, Enduring Conviction, and Unwavering Ardency) were only appearing in upgradeable form on Normal difficulty. Now the upgradeable versions are available on Hard and Elite as well.
    --- ermm ok. But you have a known issue that says they aren't upgradeabloe, which is false, thats been fixed. They are all "upgradeable" in some form. Tho using the word upgradeable is a bit questionable in this case, as all three of those items got nerfed in some ways.
    The Tinker's Finesse set bonus now correctly grants the wearer True Seeing.
    --- Waana bet?
    Are you saying that the string table errors are still displaying on challenge items and augment slots after today's update?

Also, can you explain a little more about the cookie issue you are experiencing. I just checked on my non-admin character on the live servers, who has new cookies and an "old" cookie jar, and everything seems to be working fine post-patch.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast