Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Adamantine Cannon

Adamantine Cannon, an all purpose tank-self heal-dps-instant kill-debuff-CC sorc build

Note that none of this specific gear, past lives, tomes, or reaper points are required for build, it just changes the difficulty the build works at, and the amount of AP available for defense. You can also run this as a warforged from level 1, but you will need more damage and repair spells, especially initially at low level. As a WF, will also need to delay adamantine body till level 12 when you can drop the ASF for it to 0. Whatever you have will work, on some difficulty. Just maybe not R7. With built in self-healing, tankyness, and dps, this would work on a first life. Using the Gaurdian at the Gates Sharn tank set with a shield with caster gear in other slots works just fine instead of the Enders set. Sorcs do really good damage, it is just a matter of you not going splat while doing so. I put together the gear I use, and an alternative suggested gear list for you to use. If you don't have tomes for TWF feats take SWF instead. Rank up balance regardless. That alternate gear list builds you this:

I modeled this off of Zappy's all purpose wizard build which could satisfy a variety of roles, which really impressed me. Except I wanted multiple roles at once, without gear swapping, so I designed it for multiple roles in lower than max difficulty. This isn't for high skulls reaper, although you could play high reaper as just a dps in elemental form and have others heal you and heal others with renewal twist. For that you need to swap the LGS out for max DCs to spam mass hold.

Sentience for dps casting is terrible, so I dumped sentient weapons for just LGS Vacuum 20% more group damage. Sentience is something like this:
    Wreath of Flame 4 Pieces: Fire Mastery: Gain 50 Fire Spellpower (59 total) which adds around 4% to overall personal damage, or 1/5th the effect LGS Vacuum has on each member of a whole group or raid.

Offhand sticks and orbs for dps casting are also terrible, so I dumped those for LGS Ash 21% more group magic damage. Offhands look like this:
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Echo_o...Tome_of_Strahd (5% insightful crit) which adds around 5% more to overall personal damage, or 1/4th the effect LGS Ash has on each member of a whole group or raid. It's also why for your gear set I used defensive sentience and an offhand shield.

Also have LGS Ooze and LGS Dust debuffs on extended death auras, which improves the physical bludgeoning damage of meteor by PRR debuffing, as well as fire damage by MRR debuffing, as well as the whole raid or group damage.

In order to get the %HP and PRR/MRR to tank, had to give up gear slots and feats for DCs that would allow necro casting against high saves, so brought back necro instant kills from LGS Enders, which also gives spell critical damage for dps, self healing, and % hp for tanking. DCs aren't the best, but are definitely fine for Sharn R7. I don't use consumables and it works out. Party members are great for evasion mobs though, as is polar ray and meteor's bludgeoning damage to break evasion on high-reflex archers and lower their reflex saves. For your gear set, just used tank set, and you lose instant kills and some debuffs. Sorry.

Your self-healing is via reconstruct/reconstruct SLA, and repair spells. Aka it is just fine through R7. At 68% spell crit with empyrian stacked, ~90% of the time one of recon/recon SLA will crit, for full self healing in 2 seconds. Basically the self-healing penalty and lack of support characters in game kept annoying me on melees I played (the tempest nerf broke the camel's back), so I decided to just bypass both the reaper self healing penalty AND the tempest target limitation.

I also didn't want to healbot other melee and twist renewal to keep them alive, because targeting other people and healing them is annoying, so instead built to tank and get all the aggro, so I can just heal myself, which keeps them somewhat more alive-ish without me having to heal them, increasing the whole raid or group damage since dead party members have 0 dps.

Adamantine body with full BaB gives solid PRR, so evened it out somewhat by stacking MRR items. This is the point spread:

When I finish recrafting main hand LGS for +2 charisma will move draconic charisma to flyby attack and draconic hunger. Reaper efficiency to reduce spell point costs 45% for basically the entire quest is amazing! Max dodge in reaper tree is bugged and doesn't work with docents. Oh, and get polar ray and otto's irresistable at 8 instead of mass charm and sunburst for that one last evasion archer and vengeance reapers, and prismatic spray for baba totems instead of mass hold person at 7. You can get Gust of Wind instead of knock for vengeance reaper/strahd/miniboss circles, if you want.

You stay mostly in BF form, except to break AoE fire immunity. You can toggle elemental form on, drop an incendiary cloud (or meteor), then toggle it off and the cloud will keep debuffing to reapply fire immunity bypass for its' 30 second duration.

20 Sorc

Race: Bladeforged

Stats: Max + levels charisma, decent other stats

Skills: Balance, Concentration, Spellcraft, Repair

Feats
    Adamantine body
    Force of Personality
    Max
    Emp
    Extend
    Evo
    Quicken

TWF
    Intensify
    PTWF
    TWF#2
    PTHF
    Warding
    Fire (Mechanus if WF), Epic DR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alternative suggested gear list for you to use:

Goggles = Legendary Collective Sight = Blown Deadline, End Chest
    (Charisma +21), ins. Constitution +10, Quality Resistance +4

Helm = Legendary Standard Issue Faceplate = Just Business, End Chest
    Incite +62, Intimidate +22, Insightful Physical Sheltering +26, Natural Armor +21

Necklace = Legendary Standard Issue Sigil = No Refunds, End chest
    Magical Sheltering +54, Protection +17, Spell Save +17, Parrying +10

Trinket: Slave Lords Con, Kinetic Lore, concentration, quality con

Armor: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Ironheart (fort, prr, RAmp, fl) Just Business

Cloak LGS 20/10/5% fire crit multiplier Shroud raid

Bracers = Slave lords
    Dex resistance repair, Q. Dex

Belt Burnscar Sash Sunrise
    Enhance Combustion, Fire Lore

Ring: Clouded Dreams KT Raid
    Ins. Spell Lore, Except. Potency, Ins. SFM

Ring = The Legendary Shattered Onyx = Reach for the Sky, End chest
    Insightful Charisma +10, Profane Spell Focus II, Insightful Resistance +8, Insightful Dodge +10%,

Boots = Legendary Sunken Slippers = Members Only, End chest
    (Quality Charisma +5), Lesser Displacement, Insightful Potency +77, Quality Potency +38

Gloves Legendary Mastermaker's Fingers Just Business
    Recon, repair lore, evo focus

Weapon: Spiral (elemental stuffs, combustion) or Legendary Wild Flame (sentient zephyr for knockdown immunity (bugged, doesn't work on twig blight knockdown) + repair amp) Strahd raid / Madness of Crowds
    Offhand: Legendary Crystalline Ward (Potency Ins. MRR, Qual. MRR)

Augments: (globe, poison, deathblock, luck, gift, evo, wizardry)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is what I use:

Items: (enders = material/opposition https://ddowiki.com/page/Legendary_Green_Steel_items)
    Goggle: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Dusk_Lenses (potency (equipment), ins. potency, max, emp)
    Head: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Arcsteel_Brim (SFM +7, Will, MRR, IMRR)
    Neck: LGS Enders (fire crit damage 5%, blind, fear)
    Trinket: Slave Lords 17 Con, Fire Lore 27, Concentration, Qual Char 4

Armor: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Plasma_Core (Fort, PRR, Repair Amp, False Life)
    Cloak: LGS Enders (fire resistx2, Fire Crit Damage 10%)

Bracers: LGS Enders (positive healing/unconsciousness rangex3)
    Belt: LGS Enders (Acid Resistx2, Fire Crit Damage 20%)

Ring A: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Clouded_Dreams (Except Lore, Except Potency, Ins. SFM)
    Boots: LGS Enders (lightning resistx3)
    Gloves: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legend...er%27s_Fingers (Recon SP, Repair Lore, Evo 9, Quick Draw)
    Ring B: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Stolen...of_ir%27Wynarn (Cha 22, Qual Potency, electric abs., artifact, 3 Piece Shards of Mechanus (30 Repair Amp, repair SP, MRR))

Main: LGS Vacuum (15 int, 7 ins. char, 2 exc char)
    Offhand: LGS Ash (150 Enhancement Fire SP, 9 Qual MRR, 9 Exc MRR)
    Quiver Alacrity 30% striding

Death Auras: LGS Dust/Ooze + Extend

Augments: 10 (globe, resistance, wizardry, poison, deathblock, luck, prot, nat armor, gift, evo)

AP (reduce BF to reconstruct sla and vkf and ek as needed as per your AP
    6 + 12 racial + 1 tome BF ASF-15%, 40 Amp, Recon SLA, 1 cha, 5% HP, PRR
    41 Fire Savant (max/emp reduction, crit, spell power, charisma, NO SLAs)
    3 +1 tome VKF saves vs. evil, PRR, MRR
    31 EK charismax2, ASF 0 core IV, full BaB from Knights Transformation, PRR, MRR, 2 sec deflect arrows, Cha to-hit (longer raids use imbue and auto attack on bosses to save mana)

EDs
    Draconic: Fire + lightning shield
    Twists: Commanding Presence 1, Interrogation 1 (droppable), Evo Focus 2, Evo Augmentation 3, Empyrian Magic 3

% hp bonus: 5% BF, 30% LGS, 25% EDF = 60%

Debuffs: Dust/Ooze/Ashe/Vacuum/Evo Augmentation

Spell Crit Multiplier: 92% Universal, 127% Fire

Now, when everything is said and mostly done, this gives an all purpose sorc for general gameplay. Your picture will be the one at the top. This is mine in Enders.

BF have: -10% Slashing damage (taken, not dealt). When you take Slashing damage, you gain +1 PRR for 3 seconds (up to +20 PRR) Combined with Deific Warding, this bumps up PRR by up to 40 and MRR by up to 20 as you get hit. BF are also immune to sleep, hold person, energy drained, nauseated, exhausted, and paralyzed effects.

Edit 2/18: updated epic feats for intensify over insightful reflexes, dumped reflex out of reaper tree for fort saves, moved draconic reflex to fort saves. Less likely to get 1 shot by disintegrate now or killed in stun. Failing a reflex doesn't get you 1 shot or killed in stun except in certain traps, but if you can't go around you can just not do those dungeons. Also developed modes of play, as per Zappy!

Edit 2/20: updated augments for deathblock instead of disease because LGS Deathblock is bugged and doesn't work.

Edit 2/21: swap Rend for Mass Hold Monster for +2 DCs over hold person. With better fort saves now the only commonly dangerous mob in DDO is a vengeance reaper buffed archer that survived the AoE gib of a sorc due to evasion. Mass Hold will strip evasion, so they will die at the same time as the reaper. Also found myself not using rend.

Edit 2/23 got some more gold, swapped to try out EK core 5, which is faster deflect arrows CD, took some ap from VKF and BF to do it. Picked up some more hp from favor and reaper points and EK tree, lost some prr/mrr.

Edit 2/26 dumped intensify for BoGW for vengeance archers. Mass hold DC too low, and wanted some CC that worked well other than fogs, sleet storm, and grease.

Edit 2/27 added some notes, no changes.

Edit 2/28 better self-healing pic and explanation.

Edit 3/10 swapped fey form for interrogation, added some links to LGS items, removed other modes of play, just stay in Draconic. Don't need to worry about stuns as much now that fort save is better. Updated pics, and note on how will change ED point spread once LGS recrafting from tempest is complete, and notes on BF race. Added updated that accumulated power only determines difficulty, and none of it is required.

Edit 3/11 updated gear list for other people.

Edit 3/12 updated screenshot for new gear list for other people. It looks so good I'm working on it myself.

Edit 3/24 updated to swap in polar ray.

Edit 4/11 swapped back to intensify. Don't really use BoGW. Updated spells for Otto's Irresistible instead of sunburst at 8 for vengeance reapers.

Edit: 10/25 updated LGS Enders
    Last edited by Tilomere; 05-01-2022 at 10:35 PM.

Hero

A video is worth more than a 1000 words.

I have a hard time believing you're blowing through R7 Sharn content. A guildy recently went BF 20 Sorc ice savant, and his DCs in Draconic were mediocre for Sharn content.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Community Member

Learn from Zappy, he knows what he is doing on an arcane. I could just look at how Zappy's build was set up even before the pictures and video were added and see that was how to play an arcane. The way he took melee weapon style feats he was never going to use simply to be able to activate epic defensive stance just clicked as brilliant! But it took the tempest nerf for me to rebuild it into a sorc. LGS +2 charisma was also his idea Gilga also helped with the LGS Ash info.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-18-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Community Member

Put a polishing spin on this, as per Zappy's build. Finally built out the other modes of play.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-26-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    A video is worth more than a 1000 words.

I have a hard time believing you're blowing through R7 Sharn content. A guildy recently went BF 20 Sorc ice savant, and his DCs in Draconic were mediocre for Sharn content.
    I wouldn't touch Tilo's builds (Oh the audacity xD) with a 1000 ft pole.

Default Ran with him last night R7 Sharn etc

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    I wouldn't touch Tilo's builds (Oh the audacity xD) with a 1000 ft pole.

His build works. I’ve been playing since inception and have found things always depend on the person playing the build. So try it, I’ll probably give it a shot.
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin---- Leader of A Better Place

" You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

7. 03-06-2020, 08:20 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by garynash7070 View Post
    So try it, I’ll probably give it a shot.
    I put together an alternative gear list for those without enders. Basically you just need to not die for your sorc to deal great damage, so I used the gaurdian at the gates set mixed with casting and a shield to accomplish that.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-11-2020 at 10:37 PM.

how do you get spell critical multiplyer so high? 35% from draconic.. but then 63% from ender? 5pc ender provides that much crit power? I have never built an ender set before.

To all you neah sayers out there, i have run with tilomere, zerging r6 sharn while he was on this build. He was performing very well and very capable. It was hilarious to watch him try to clean up that last evasion mob however. The important thing is not think of this as a classic sorc with reliable dc. When you get that mindset out of your head you see the value in a build like this. That said, its not the way i like to play my casters!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    how do you get spell critical multiplyer so high?
    Draconic 35/enders 35 /scion of fire 25/ek gives 3%. I think I'm done theory crafting new gear set, but I can already just look at it and see it will work without enders just fine. Maybe even better. Just need to assemble it next.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-12-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Draconic 35/enders 35 /scion of fire 25/ek gives 3%. I think I'm done theory crafting new gear set, but I can already just look at it and see it will work without enders just fine. Maybe even better. Just need to assemble it next.
    Scion of fire, right forgot about that! You can craft single lgs with 35% crit to, but i dont think you can qualify for enders while that is equiped? You might think about swapping to sprial, that extra 20% fire crit chance is a big deal, it would also let you have sentient weapon witch you could use for dc or more spell power. Of course swaping spiral every 10 seconds is a huge PITA.

If your thinking of dumping enders all you really lose is hp. Tho hp is important!

Community Member

Scion of fire, right forgot about that! You can craft single lgs with 35% crit to, but i dont think you can qualify for enders while that is equiped? You might think about swapping to sprial, that extra 20% fire crit chance is a big deal, it would also let you have sentient weapon witch you could use for dc or more spell power. Of course swaping spiral every 10 seconds is a huge PITA.

If your thinking of dumping enders all you really lose is hp. Tho hp is important!
    Ya, the new gear set has spiral and LGS 35% crit for fire, but I'm not going to swap spiral that's too annoying. I'm sure one can drop enders and it will be fine. More saves, prr, mrr, AC, less hp, knockdown immunity, less reconstruct crits, less crit damage. It will work out just fine.

You can't have enders and 35% crit for fire

Nice post! I've been toying with my sorc in Maetrim's, setting up for next TR (someday). The ideas here are very helpful.

Might want to compare Draconic with Fatesinger for overall DPS gain. Last time I calc'd it out, Fatesinger's spellpower beat Draconic's critical damage bonus. But, the winner isn't universal for all characters. It depends on your character's power, chance, and damage bonuses. I assumed Intensify as one of the free bonus metas in the comparison, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    Nice post! I've been toying with my sorc in Maetrim's, setting up for next TR (someday). The ideas here are very helpful.

Might want to compare Draconic with Fatesinger for overall DPS gain. Last time I calc'd it out, Fatesinger's spellpower beat Draconic's critical damage bonus. But, the winner isn't universal for all characters. It depends on your character's power, chance, and damage bonuses. I assumed Intensify as one of the free bonus metas in the comparison, too.
    Thats interesting! I had not thought about that. Did you count the gain from the caster level increase to spells?

Although if the mobs are ever saving for half damage i would expect that magister out-damages them both.

Community Member

So I put together most of that alternative gear list, took a screenshot, and put it at top of OP. I knew just looking at the gear list it was going to work. The Enders set is actually far, far squishier. I'm going to be able to play much more aggressively in the new set. Just need 350 more Strahd runes and I'm good to go.

Updated name to Adamantine Cannon. Seems fitting now.

Mmm fatesinger eh? I'll have to look at that...
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-12-2020 at 07:39 PM.

So I put together most of that alternative gear list, took a screenshot, and put it at top of OP. I knew just looking at the gear list it was going to work. The Enders set is actually far, far squishier. I'm going to be able to play much more aggressively in the new set. Just need 350 more Strahd runes and I'm good to go.

I shoulda named this build Adamantine Cannon. Too late now! Always think of a good name after the fact.
    since you are going warforged you could set yourself up so that just swapping out your docent switches you to a new set. The Fvs with bracers and cloak seams like it would tie in well with this idea. You could also set up a second sentient weapon, that way you could easily switch between a survive-ability set and a DPS/DC set with just 2 clicks.

If your not planning on using spiral for the swapping back and forth you might want to take a look at that fire weapon from the age of rage chain. At the least it will be a great stand-in till you get your strahd raid runes.

As a side note, in the past i have wondered how a zombie wizard would fair with a similar set up. My last super-tanky undead wizard was an melee EK, but the enhancements would basically be the same (41 PM/31EK), just total different gear. Disadvantage is longer cast time and spell delay and slightly less damage. Advantage is more feats, better healing, and spell swaps.

Community Member

If your not planning on using spiral for the swapping back and forth you might want to take a look at that fire weapon from the age of rage chain. At the least it will be a great stand-in till you get your strahd raid runes.
    Yea, that will work! I'm not swapping gear.

PM can't compete. The 10% longer cast time is fine, and wiz can break fire immunity with tiefling, but the 3.5 > 6 sec cool down on meteor and 3>5 on dbf screws up the dps.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-12-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Yea, that will work! I'm not swapping gear.

PM can't compete. The 10% longer cast time is fine, and wiz can break fire immunity with tiefling, but the 3.5 > 6 sec cool down on meteor and 3>5 on dbf screws up the dps.
    sure, but you can use multiple elements quite easily, so maybe there is a possibility for using other spell to fill the wholes. Tho there is no acid equivalent for DBF witch makes it harder. Also cold/lighting is not that great for end game DPS, the aoe spells just dont hit as hard.

Community Member

Alchemist can do it, and shore up the reflex save at the same time. The only reason I went sorc instead was because the game play is simpler. Recon automatically targeting yourself and being super fast to cast. No need to stance dance. No ability or expectation to heal others so you can just play. No need for continuous weapon swaps for debuffing. No potions disappearing near walls, doors, or bumps in the ground. With the reaction boosts to PRR, alchemist is better suited for this build, but game play wins.

Tanked a LH KT yesterday easily in Draconic in the suggested gear set swapping a ring for the charisma artifact with 53% lightning resistance. So I guess think of this as a self-healing light raid tank with draconic sorc dps.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-15-2020 at 09:50 AM.

sure, but you can use multiple elements quite easily, so maybe there is a possibility for using other spell to fill the wholes. Tho there is no acid equivalent for DBF witch makes it harder. Also cold/lighting is not that great for end game DPS, the aoe spells just dont hit as hard.
    Cold is the highest single target dps end game FYI
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Cold is the highest single target dps end game FYI
    Yup, but went fire for empyrian to raise spell crit on reconstruct, and for the no-save bludgeoning part of meteor, since DCs are lower for tanking. Also needed the AoE for the AoE aggro for tanking. However, I did think about this and yea, updated build to swap mass charm at 8 for polar ray for those pesky archers.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-24-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast