Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Past Life Not Showing Up

New issue is I did a Epic at 30 to 20, then did a full TR at 20 for Ranger PL. I leveled to 6 and then used an Otto box to 20, then completed level to 30. Did another Epic reincarnation and then noticed that I did not get the credit for my second Ranger life. I contacted end game and it was closed without discussion. They said you should have done a TR at 20 to get credit (which I did). I do have the Ranger pastlife. It was NOT a racial TR(I have not started those and did not mistake it for one). I am a completionist build. Ranger was the dominate class. It was a Friday when I did this. Jupiter was not in line with Mars. Both feet were on the ground. I was sober.

I am a multi class with 15 Ranger, 4 Arty, 1 Barb.
    I did go from 30 to 20 first.
    I did do a full TR at 20.
    I built it back up and did another Epic reincarnation after. While discussing with a guildie I noticed my second Ranger PL is missing.

Anyone have similar issues and a possible solution?

Updated note: It's not a racial TR. It is not a lacking in another Racial PL. I am a completionist build. According to the DEV's, if you do a ER, level to 20, then do a TR, if you do not wait a bit, it could error out like this. Issue resolved. Make sure you wait and log out and in before doing the TR
    Last edited by wolfie5270; 02-11-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie5270 View Post
    New issue is I did a Epic at 30 to 20, then did a full TR at 20 for Ranger PL. I leveled to 6 and then used an Otto box to 20, then completed level to 30. Did another Epic reincarnation and then noticed that I did not get the credit for my second Ranger life. I contacted end game and it was closed without discussion. They said you should have done a TR at 20 to get credit (which I did).

I built it back up and did another Epic reincarnation after. While discussing with a guildie I noticed my second Ranger PL is missing.

Unless there is a previous ranger life you haven't mentioned, you should only have 1. 2 epic past lives and one ranger past life. The ETR does not give a ranger life, it gives a martial/arcane/divine/primal past life that has nothing to do with your class split.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

I did go from 30 to 20 first. 1st epic life
    I did do a full TR at 20. 1st ranger life
    I built it back up and did another Epic reincarnation after. 2nd epic life
    Unless you either had a ranger life prior to this or your second epic reincarnation was also followed by a second heroic reincarnation then you should have 2 epic lives and 1 ranger life.

30-20 epic reincarnation never grants a class past life, only 20-1 heroic true reincarnation as well as Iconic reincarnations grant class pastlives.

Community Member

I agree with the replies, I don’t see why you should have a second Ranger past life. I don’t see anything wrong here. Game is performing as expected and you must be confused. The class past life comes from the TR from 20 to 1 and you only did one of those, so you get one Ranger past life.

I already had one life and this should have been the second. I am tracking your responses but the issue is a second ranger life was done and there is no credit. I understand the process for reincarnations.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    Unless you either had a ranger life prior to this or your second epic reincarnation was also followed by a second heroic reincarnation then you should have 2 epic lives and 1 ranger life.

30-20 epic reincarnation never grants a class past life, only 20-1 heroic true reincarnation as well as Iconic reincarnations grant class pastlives.
    I already had the Ranger past life done once. Was already a completionist.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

To clear things up.

I was lvl 30, already a completionist.

I did a Epic reincarnation.

At lvl 20, I did a TR to lvl 1

At lvl 1 I started playing top six and ate a box to 20 then leveld to 30.

Did another Epic reincarnation when I noticed I didn't have my SECOND Ranger life.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

Community Member

To clear things up.

Did another Epic reincarnation when I noticed I didn't have my SECOND Ranger life.
    They likely closed it because the way you initially described the problem was not at all clear what you were talking about.

1. Explain from the outset your toon already had 1 ranger past life.
    2. You leveled to 30 and then did an ETR
    3. You subsequently did a TR.

Did you check to see whether you had the past life in the very next life after the TR?

4. You leveled to 30 again and did an ETR (Ottos isn't relevant).
    5. You noticed you only have 1 Ranger past life showing.

To clear things up.

What tr did you do from 20 to 1?, as if you did a racial then you will not get a Ranger
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    What tr did you do from 20 to 1?, as if you did a racial then you will not get a Ranger
    Full, not a racial. Haven't started those yet. That is the concern now is I don't want to do more lives if they are not taking. Alreay have a ton of lives on this toon and want to do Racial after I complete my Epic and the few more heroic that I want.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    They likely closed it because the way you initially described the problem was not at all clear what you were talking about.

1. Explain from the outset your toon already had 1 ranger past life.
    2. You leveled to 30 and then did an ETR
    3. You subsequently did a TR.

Did you check to see whether you had the past life in the very next life after the TR?

4. You leveled to 30 again and did an ETR (Ottos isn't relevant).
    5. You noticed you only have 1 Ranger past life showing.
    Completely agree and that is why I clarified. I didn't think I would need to explain all the lives as that was not the issue. My issue is completely a Ranger past life that I did from 1-20 as a Ranger with predominate Ranger class is not showing up.

After I leveled back to 30 and then did another ER back to 20 for another Epic PL, I was talking with a buddy and going over the lives when I realized my recent (2nd) Ranger life was not showing a second one as it should.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

I didn't think I would need to explain all the lives as that was not the issue...
    Since you don't know the source of the issue, it's best to list everything.

For all you know, could be a big diference in the coding between a Completionist taking a 2nd Ranger life, and a first-time TR (which is what you described, above).

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Since you don't know the source of the issue, it's best to list everything.

For all you know, could be a big diference in the coding between a Completionist taking a 2nd Ranger life, and a first-time TR (which is what you described, above).
    Thanks! Got that and clarified above.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

Community Manager

Hmm, an odd one. Just in case this might be the issue, when you did the 1-20 trek for that 2nd Ranger past life, were you a pure class or multiclass? Might be worth checking to make sure you took enough levels in Ranger to get the Ranger PL.

Added a minute or so later: I also realized that you say you were/are a Completionist? I'm trying to figure out how you can be a Completionist with only two Ranger past lives.

Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-09-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

You only need 1 life to get it.
    Protect the Silver Flame at all costs!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Inanout View Post
    You only need 1 life to get it.
    Doh, that's what I get for typing on a Sunday. Ok then, first point is still a possibility.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Full, not a racial. Haven't started those yet. That is the concern now is I don't want to do more lives if they are not taking. Alreay have a ton of lives on this toon and want to do Racial after I complete my Epic and the few more heroic that I want.

I would check under racial lifes - if you have one maybe you ended up using the wrong stone by mistake. The devs/support supposedly has a way to check this stuff now so not sure why they would close the ticket.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

New issue is I did a Epic at 30 to 20, then did a full TR at 20 for Ranger PL. I leveled to 6 and then used an Otto box to 20, then completed level to 30. Did another Epic reincarnation and then noticed that I did not get the credit for my second Ranger life. I contacted end game and it was closed without discussion. They said you should have done a TR at 20 to get credit (which I did).

It's best to do ETR > exit game > restart > login > TR

There have been some historic issues with double TR attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hmm, an odd one. Just in case this might be the issue, when you did the 1-20 trek for that 2nd Ranger past life, were you a pure class or multiclass? Might be worth checking to make sure you took enough levels in Ranger to get the Ranger PL.

Added a minute or so later: I also realized that you say you were/are a Completionist? I'm trying to figure out how you can be a Completionist with only two Ranger past lives.

Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.
    HAHA! Rough Sunday? It was a dominate Ranger with only 5 other levels in other classes. I think it was a matter of Taking it to 20 after the ER and then doing a TR too quickly. Should have gone to get a coffee. Was also concerned because this is the same toon that can't put anything in the quiver or I get the INVENTORY error. Was afraid of the character coding being corrupt. I deleted the game and reloaded and still had the issue. Prosc is working on it.
    Wolfie 1-12 on Sarlona

Community Member

Hopefully just a silly question but did you hover over the ranger past life feat? It should say something like acquired twice. You don’t actually get a separate feat for multiple heroic past lives for the same class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast