Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

After a bit of testing; I found that only Angelic Form (from Exalted Angel) and Construct Exemplar work with Aasimar Divine Form. Is this really intentional? At the very least I feel like this should work with all epic level transformations: Shadowform and Avatar of Nature as well, perhaps even considering sorcerer elemental forms since they require a pure capstone.

I'm a little disappointed that this doesn't work with Celestial Spirit as well. Fallen Aasimar with Celestial Spirit would actually feel decent enough to swing in melee without being completely gimped, as they would atleast have a nice amount of melee power to supplement their lack of feats.

I can understand not wanting druids and PMs to have access to these forms (though I really really don't see any broken OP synergies). But at the same time the current blanket exclusion pattern is really killing build diversity options on an aasimar. As previously stated in the first preview thread; you're ignoring current classes that don't have shining revamped enhancement trees. PMs are just about dead, atleast in reaper content, and druids are mostly gone as well. A protector bear tank would be a nice supplement to tankiness that currently doesn't exist for bears. Fallen Celestial Spirit for melee. Fallen in PM forms for melee as well. Fallen sorcerers with savant capstones and points in EK/Vistani melee builds. Perhaps rather than blanket exclusions, you create a list of exclusions for each Divine Form?

• Protector should enable tank builds: Paladin tank, bear form druid tank, Celestial Spirit tank (Even though the type bonus prevents stacking HP), some weird savant-EK divine crusader tank (I've done it before, it's an interesting build).

• Fallen should enable 'darker themed' DPS builds: PM forms, Celestial Spirit, Shadowform (ED and cookie), elemental savants, so on and so forth. Really, the only transformation that should be blocked for the sake of balance is wolf form and that's a stretch.

• Scourge's form obviously shouldn't be able to take PM forms or Shadowform and that's fine.
    Last edited by edrein; 10-12-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Community Member Gemini-Dragon357's Avatar

Default New Night Revel Items

I love the new Night Revel items, I just wish they weren't BTC.

I did notice that the Spectral Dagger/Throwing Dagger level 16 and 20 are very similar. There is probably no reason to make a level 20 version because of the lack of a difference. The only thing the level 20 version gets over the level 16 is .5W and Crushing gets upgraded from 9 to 10. Maybe if Ghostbane and Evil Outsider Bane were upgraded from 4 to 5 this would help the item? This would make the difference between 20 and 24 a bit smaller, but 24 gets Greater Vorpal and Crushing 12, which seems like a nice upgrade on its own.

Community Member

Default Some more questions

Quote Originally Posted by whoolsey View Post
    1, will the event be as short as the mimic one?

2, will there be more worthwille gear added tho the short list of weapons?

3, why not release the races a month before the pack? People will want to get their completionist back before facing ravenloft.

4, will the race and knife tree be properly tested this time around unlike warlock? The constant nerfs do not make hapy customers.

5, will there be a reason to buy this pack for me? As a melee i have been screwed over all the time. Another undead heavy pack (with little to no consistant crits) doesn't look apealing to me, with all these glaring ballance issues.
    6, are the tr issues fully solved and have its victims helped and compensated?

7, are the hirelings worthwhile or just as useless as the owlbear? I.e. leverpullers at best?

8, are the store issuess resolved? Can people trust the store now or are we in danger of spending lots of money and having to wait 6 +months from a repley from customer sopport, claiming our key was already in use?

9, why not add whips, if we're ripping of every transilvania cliche, you might as wel include a nice ranged melee weapon.

Edit:
    10, i just noticed the lame paslife for iconic asimar.
    A +1fortitude save? The best save for melees? Worst iconic passive pastlife out there. But the biggest insult is the doublestrike. It doesn't work properly on cleaves, is there any intent on fixing that? At the moment, all the doublestrike gear is pretty useless for a portion of melees.
    Last edited by whoolsey; 10-12-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrein View Post
    After a bit of testing; I found that only Angelic Form (from Exalted Angel) and Construct Exemplar work with Aasimar Divine Form. Is this really intentional?
    The release notes say Divine Form is mutually exclusive with other forms, which should include (but not necessarily limited to):
    • Pale Master undead forms
    • druid wildshapes (both animal and elemental)
    • Celestial Spirit
    • Primal Avatar tree form
    • Shadowdancer Shadow Form*

I'm actually a little surprised it stacks with EA Angelic Form, which I thought also didn't stack with those other forms.

*Note that Ninja Shadow Veil isn't considered a form so it will stack.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The release notes say Divine Form is mutually exclusive with other forms, which should include (but not necessarily limited to):
    • Pale Master undead forms
    • druid wildshapes (both animal and elemental)
    • Celestial Spirit
    • Primal Avatar tree form
    • Shadowdancer Shadow Form*

I'm actually a little surprised it stacks with EA Angelic Form, which I thought also didn't stack with those other forms.

*Note that Ninja Shadow Veil isn't considered a form so it will stack.
    Celestial Spirit was left off the list, although I figured it wouldn't work. And if you pop on Lamannia it currently specifies Celestial spirit won't work. I just think it's a bit overkill, the bonuses are not innately strong enough to deny anything that requires 20 full levels of a class or is an epic ability in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    This is "more in line" with current equipments; it would be nice if the older version were brought in line with the current magic items.

And I hope they fix the store soon! It'd be nice to actually play the iconic as well as the new revel challenges.
    It's pretty high--the only other item that gives comparable dodge is raid loot.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Pardon my ignorance here, but is there a pattern for when an update goes live on Lamannia, and when it then goes live on the live servers? Is there a typical amount of time that goes by usually, or does it vary from update to update? Just nerding out super hard over the Aasimar and Vistani changes and was curious :P Thanks in advance!
    It's variable--they don't have a publisher to force them onto a deadline any more, so they put it out when they think it's ready these days, sometimes only with a day or two of warning.

Lately it's been just about 1 week from the last preview, whenever that is.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    It's variable--they don't have a publisher to force them onto a deadline any more, so they put it out when they think it's ready these days, sometimes only with a day or two of warning.

Lately it's been just about 1 week from the last preview, whenever that is.
    Thank you for the response! Hopefully that means we'll see it rolled out before the end of the month!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    For "Blessings: +10/20/30 Positive Spell Power," make it a toggle that gives Light Spell Power instead of Positive Spell Power if you choose.
    I want to second the above^ or make it a multi-selector.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Race: Aasimar

Divine Purpose: Gain an active ability with one charge per rest. Must have your Bond Feat active to use.

Protector: You sprout ethereal wings, the marks of the Protector. For one minute, you gain a Determination Bonus to Healing Amplification and Positive Spell Power equal to your Character Level.
    I would like to respectfully request that during the one minute wings of Protector's Divine Purpose they also get light spell power equal to character level. So it would read : For one minute, you gain a Determination Bonus to Healing Amplification, Light and Positive Spell Power equal to your Character Level.

Char Gen: Lip selector does nothing. Nose Selector changes both nose shape and lip shape.
    I see this was listed under Known Issues, I just want to make certain this is NOT the intended function?

Updated the textures on the Celestial Parentage marks have been given a polish pass.
    Are these the marks on the forehead? If so, can we please, please have a UI toggle to make them not visible just as its possible to do so with Dragon Marks?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1 of Shroud could work as well; Portals to Mabar and Dolurrh could spring up, giving us varied undead and pals similar to the graveyard. Just have the final portal spring out a named boss or two.
    They could just give us back the original spectral dragon to beat down, possibly with altars to cast light upon her.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Keeping the ravenloft from everything else is hard and I'm too lazy to open a new tab with the posts on to refer to so apologies if i've got mixed up as to what's in what. From a pure feeding back on the release notes point of view:

Ravenloft
    All of that looks great - like the level ranges of the pets, like the idea of the pets, like the vistani unlocking with favour, like the way Aasimar is going (and I really don't care that much about them lore wise but you made me Aas-curious*, so good job), the upfront 'only in certain bundles but then available later through the store' - all of that. Two thumbs up.

I am interested as to whether we'll have any new systems of a scale similar to epic destinies in the expansion though. That will certainly affect which bundle I buy.

Night revels
    Revised loot, a freakin' coal chamber revel to punish us with (It's OK. We deserve it), reduced ingredient cost to offset the expiring nature of the ingredients... again, two thumbs up.

So... yeah. Looks great, all round! Huh. Not a sentence I expected to say today.

*OK, I hereby gift that term into the public domain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member

Default Spooky/Festival Augments

Will you be adding other festival/spooky augments? Charisma, Strength, Constitution, Dexterity

[*][*]Universal Enhancement Tree: Vistani Knife Fighter: A new universal enhancement tree which will be available in select (but not all) Ravenloft Expansion bundles and, at a later date, in the DDO store, as well as able to be earned from Favor attainable in Ravenloft content on a per character basis.
    [LIST][*][*][*]Core Abilities
    • Core 1: Knife Expertise You gain +1 to hit and damage with daggers and throwing daggers.
    • Core 2: Knife Juggler You gain +5% to speed with throwing daggers. You gain the benefits of the Deflect Arrows feat, knocking aside one incoming projectile that would have struck you every 6 seconds.
    • Core 3: Quick Reflexes You gain Quickdraw as a bonus feat. You gain +5% Doublestrike (main and off hand), and Doubleshot.
    • Core 4: Plays With Knives You gain a +1 Competence bonus to Critical Threat Range and +1 to Critical Damage Multiplier with daggers and throwing daggers.
    • Core 5: Vistani Fortune Passive: You gain +10 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating. Activate to gain one random Vistani fortune. Cooldown 60 seconds.
      • Coins: You gain 10% Doublestrike and 10% Doubleshot for 60 seconds.
      • Glyphs: You gain 10 Physical Resistance Rating and 20 Magical Resistance Rating for 60 seconds.
      • Stars: You gain +2 to all ability scores for 60 seconds.
      • Swords: You gain 15 Melee Power and Ranged Power for 60 seconds.
    • Core 6: Blade Master You gain +2 to all ability scores. You gain +5% attack speed one handed weapons and throwing weapons. You gain 20 Melee Power and 20 Ranged Power.
    Reference the knife critical range and multiplier, will this stack with those in the assassin tree? Both are listed as competence bonuses so that might indicate that they will not stack, but they are not anti-requisites which also turn up from time to time.

Can you have the Vistani and Harper trees at the same time?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Divine form: Scourge seems very weak.
    You mean terrible.

edit: F'ing terrible. Like so bad I would not turn it on even if I had points in it to unlock something else. It's like astral vibrance from EA only worse. 20-30 seconds of usefulness (while you take damage from it) with a 40 sec wind up and if you forget to turn it off you get vulnerability/then slowed/then ??? (consume you? do you die?). Really I can't get over how bad this thing is.
    Last edited by Cantor; 10-12-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    The best candidate for a The Night Revels raid is The Mark of Death. The raid space isn't very big and making a spooky version may just be a matter of replacing the mobs and adding pumpkins, cobwebs, and so on. A new, The Night Revels-appropriate boss would have to replace the raid boss, but this raid would fit the event better than any of the other raids in DDO.

http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Mark_of_Death
    Part 1 of Shroud could work as well; Portals to Mabar and Dolurrh could spring up, giving us varied undead and pals similar to the graveyard. Just have the final portal spring out a named boss or two.
    Both those areas would make something interesting for a Night Revels.
    My hope has been that if they put together a raid for this event it will have our long-missing spectral dragon, Eternity. There should also be enough room for some twisted, maniacal, tongue in cheek raid mechanism.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by lLockehart View Post
    Added the ability to be Centered while wielding Daggers to "Deadly Blades" in the Vistani Knife Fighter Tree

Will this also enable the use of Throwing Knifes while being centred? I hope it doesn't personally, it would muddle the style too much with the Shuriken throwers, I'm very pleased with the melee daggers being able to though, It's an important (and balanced) buff to Ninja Spy and there's some cute things you can do now like splashing Vol Fvs to go full wisdom, getting good Dc's for the finishers/Deathtouch while not sacrificing damage and to-hit. It gives the melee Vistani a much wider approach at building.
    +1
    Pondered this for a bit, and agree with you, better for throwing dagger not to be centered with Monks.

Looking at DDO wiki, both Druids and Monks are not proficient with throwing daggers.
    Every other class in the game is proficient.
    So even if a Monk could be centered with throwing daggers they are not proficient with them.

This is thematically good, as one very much expects a monk to pull out shurikens via D&D imitating real life lore.

Druids also would be expected to throw thorns at foes and their weapons proficiencies very much mirror their closeness to nature.
    Dart are about the closest weapon to a big thorn and also their low cooldown/sp cost splinterbold spell.

Its what we expect.

I do ask that any new classes created in the future have serious considerations about getting both dagger and throwing dagger proficiency.
    Its way off in right field, but if there ever is any challenge classes such as NPC classes, they should all get these proficiencies.
    Off the top of my head, I cannot recall any class other than Monk & Druid that thematically should not get throwing dagger proficiency.

Dagger proficiency does not equal Throwing Dagger proficiency, I learned that the hard way crafting for an end build Druid.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    +1
    My toons rarely if ever use Astral Vibrance, I wish it would just be an auto turn on and off when it was free.
    I don't like its current form at all.

My thoughts on Scourge Form are pretty much unlikely to ever use thus, so its a question of
    "Does anyone here feel its useful in the current form?"

Anyone at all a fan?

Otherwise, maybe it should go back to the drawing board?
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 10-12-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

active to use. Mutually exclusive with other form-like feats (PM, Druid, etc).
    [LIST][*][*][*][*][*][*]Scourge: 30sp, toggles off on rest. All bonuses from this skill are removed if this or your Bond Feat are toggled off. 3 Minute Cooldown.
    • Stage 1: When this stance is enabled, you gain +1 to Hit and Damage, 1% Doubleshot, and 1% Doublestrike.
    • Stage 2: After 20 seconds of this stance being active, these bonuses double.
    • Stage 3: After 40 seconds of this stance being active, you also gain a 10% Action Boost Bonus to Attack Speed, 10% Action Boost bonus to Melee Power, and 5% Action Boost bonus to Ranged Power, but you take your Character Level in Light damage every second until the stance is toggled off.
    • Stage 4: After 60 seconds of this stance being active, all of your bonuses from this stance double once more, but you take one stack of Vulnerability every second.
    • Stage 5: After 70 seconds of this stance being active, your movement speed will drop dramatically.
    • Stage 6: After 75 seconds of this stance being active, you can no longer contain the radiance within, and it will consume you.

]
    Rereading this I agree with others.

This part of the Iconic is horrible, terrible and should be completely reworked over.
    Send it back to the factory for replacements.
    Its awful.

Just look at it:

you take your Character Level in Light damage every second until the stance is toggled off.

At level 15, you take 15 light damage every second.
    Can any toon at that level afford that kind of damage?

and it will consume you.

You die folks, this ability kills you.
    If the constant light damage did not do it already.

So you get +1 then +2 to doubleshot, to hit and doublestrike then you have to turn it off, wait the ? cooldown then turn it on again.
    Too much button pushing, too much problems, Devs you can do better...
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 10-12-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Hey, everyone! I've posted a thread with a request from anyone who can make it onto Lamannia. If you have some time I'd love it if you'd meander over to this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...review-Request

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    At this point I'd like to know if any RXP at cap is coming at all. There has been zero talk about it for 8 months, would be nice to have a Dev or Sev to chime in.
    We are looking into having all dungeons with a base CR of 30+ giving double the RXP.

Sev~

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast