Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Old airship amenities that are still useful to have in cargo hold

This is a list of old airship amenities that are still useful to have along with the new amenities.

Sonic/Electric/Cold/Acid/Fire Resist +30
    Guild Chests
    Stone of Change
    Altar of Epic Rituals
    Device Workstation - currently Missing from Trapsmith's Workshop and Collegium of the Twelve
    Banker/Mailbox/Auctioneer/Barkeep/Navigator/Twelve Planescaller (just for convenience)
    House Deneith Defender (DR 1/-, stacking natural AC +1)
    House Kundarak Battlemaster Contract (+1 stacking natural AC, +5 enhancement bonus to balance/haggle)
    Darguun Hobgoblin Warrior (+4 stacking saves vs. fear, +2 competence bonus damage to your physical attacks, doesn't stack with competence bonus from items (link))
    House Phiarlan Entertainer (+1 morale bonus to all skills, +1 morale bonus* to DCs on enchantments/illusions that you cast)
    Clan Gnashtooth Kobold Shaman (Grants a +1 Sacred bonus to saves, a +1 Profane bonus to attack rolls, and a +1 stacking bonus to Natural Armor)

And here are some of the old ones I think we can toss out for good but if I'm wrong, please correct me:

Silver Flame Priest - heard it was bugged/useless
    House Jorasco Healer (Stacking bonus to incoming healing +10%) - covered by Bath House
    Training Dummy Blueprints (+2 stacking attack bonus for 1 hour, persistent except death). - covered by Tactical Training Room
    Scholar of the Twelve (+1 non-stacking* spell penetration, +1 non-stacking* DC on evocations/conjurations that you cast) - covered by Arcane Sanctum and Archwizard
    and any of the other old amenities I did not list like the old +2 stat shrines or XP shrines I believe we can toss out as well.

2. 07-15-2014, 06:28 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    So far I only added altar of epic rituals and that was only because I couldn't find the one in the twelve. If it moved, I have no idea where it is now.
    Its just outside the entrance to the Tower of the Twelve, just to the east.

The hobgoblin buff was changed to a guild bonus so now it does stack with items.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    The hobgoblin buff was changed to a guild bonus so now it does stack with items.
    but then it doesn't stack with the new guild buff version, does it?

If you do not spend astral shards on the new xp shrine, then the old xp shrine is still good to have.

So far our guild has not spent any astral shards on the ship amenities and we have been pretty happy with just the ones you can get for plat.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSmith View Post
    and any of the other old amenities I did not list like the old +2 stat shrines or XP shrines I believe we can toss out as well.
    Just one question: why?
    Proud member of the Silver Legion

We still need/use our planescaller, we had to make some tough choices on the new buffs. I'll be honest though that I simply don't both with any of the others anymore, beyond the resist shrines and then only if I'm heading into an epic/elite or something as it saves on someone's (likely my own) SP at the start of the dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Our ship only has the 3 Attribute buff rooms and the consolidated large resistance amenity, so the only things that are "useless" are the old Attribute Shrines and then only because we didn't have +3 shrines.

My understanding is that, among the many changes coming with U22.2 , new amenities will start dropping. And supposedly that would mean that the ability to buy old Amenities would be shut down.

So stock up your amenity bank toons.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    My understanding is that, among the many changes coming with U22.2 , new amenities will start dropping. And supposedly that would mean that the ability to buy old Amenities would be shut down.

So stock up your amenity bank toons.
    You will be able to purchase old amenities until U23. (Previous stated by a dev but I'm too lazy to look up thee quote right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You will be able to purchase old amenities until U23. (Previous stated by a dev but I'm too lazy to look up thee quote right now.)
    I see that U22.2 should be tomorrow and I haven't seen anything declarative myself. So I'm stocking up because, well, Turbine. If you're right I'm just jumping the gun and I'm just out Plat. No biggie.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sisma View Post
    Just one question: why?
    exp shrine bugs the new one, or atleast it did, either way they dont stack. and there are new buffs that give +2 to stats, which dont stack with the old ones, so the old ones are useless.

All chests

Hey guys,

on my ship I have all the resist shrines and all the people. i dont have the dummy or the stats or the teleporters, as we dont need them with the new buffs and captain.
    but my question is if update 22.3 or when every they implement removing the availability of these shrines. what is the cargo hold going to be utilized for?
    ok at the moment its holding the old buffs, and i believe everyone is enjoying the old buffs, so what will it be used for????
    empty space????
    i dont think those buffs are really effecting the game tooooo badly id say just leave them there.......

just my thought.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSmith View Post
    This is a list of old airship amenities that are still useful to have along with the new amenities.

Sonic/Electric/Cold/Acid/Fire Resist +30
    Guild Chests
    Stone of Change
    Altar of Epic Rituals
    Device Workstation - currently Missing from Trapsmith's Workshop and Collegium of the Twelve
    Banker/Mailbox/Auctioneer/Barkeep/Navigator/Twelve Planescaller (just for convenience)
    House Deneith Defender (DR 1/-, stacking natural AC +1)
    House Kundarak Battlemaster Contract (+1 stacking natural AC, +5 enhancement bonus to balance/haggle)
    Darguun Hobgoblin Warrior (+4 stacking saves vs. fear, +2 competence bonus damage to your physical attacks, doesn't stack with competence bonus from items (link))
    House Phiarlan Entertainer (+1 morale bonus to all skills, +1 morale bonus* to DCs on enchantments/illusions that you cast)
    Clan Gnashtooth Kobold Shaman (Grants a +1 Sacred bonus to saves, a +1 Profane bonus to attack rolls, and a +1 stacking bonus to Natural Armor)

And here are some of the old ones I think we can toss out for good but if I'm wrong, please correct me:

Silver Flame Priest - heard it was bugged/useless
    House Jorasco Healer (Stacking bonus to incoming healing +10%) - covered by Bath House
    Training Dummy Blueprints (+2 stacking attack bonus for 1 hour, persistent except death). - covered by Tactical Training Room
    Scholar of the Twelve (+1 non-stacking* spell penetration, +1 non-stacking* DC on evocations/conjurations that you cast) - covered by Arcane Sanctum and Archwizard
    Hi,

In your 'toss out' list, you have included some amenities which smaller guilds may still be using because of the fewer hookpoints available to them (eg, Jorasco Healer, whose replacement takes a full large room slot under the new system), or by anyone because of a disinclination to pay AS for amenities which were previously available for plat (such as experience shrines).

I'm not sure whether the purpose of your post is just to help people see what might still be useful from the legacy list, or was to recommend that some legacy amenities be kept and some abolished, but I don't think your assessment of what can be kept and what can be tossed applies equally well to everyone.

Thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

In your 'toss out' list, you have included some amenities which smaller guilds may still be using because of the fewer hookpoints available to them (eg, Jorasco Healer, whose replacement takes a full large room slot under the new system), or by anyone because of a disinclination to pay AS for amenities which were previously available for plat (such as experience shrines).

I'm not sure whether the purpose of your post is just to help people see what might still be useful from the legacy list, or was to recommend that some legacy amenities be kept and some abolished, but I don't think your assessment of what can be kept and what can be tossed applies equally well to everyone.

Thanks.
    I thought the purpose was pretty clear. List the items to stock up on because soon they'll be irreplaceable/ inconvenient to replace.

So for example, a +2 STR buff is not one, because you can easily buy a room that provides it; Kundarak Battlemaster is one because new guild buff only adds up to +3 to skills.
    Though you do raise a nice point, because Jorasco healer does pack the punch of a much larger amenity in significantly smaller package... but on the list there are navigator, banker, etc. that technically can be replaced* but it's more convenient not to, so maybe Jorasco healer should be there too...

*For example, classic navigator is IMHO better, because you go to the cargo hold, get resists and xp, then navigate to target, instead of needing to port to top deck and run to captain.

Also, the list is just suggestions. If for example the purple glow of puzzle room gives you epilepsy, by all means go stock up on INT/WIS shrines.
    Last edited by MindCakes; 07-16-2014 at 01:36 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council

The XP shrine. Why? Because I can still buy the old 5% XP shrine for a few thousand plat, instead of forking over 1500+ A$tral $hard$.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    I'm not sure whether the purpose of your post...
    Several years ago Turbine created one of its largest mistakes ever, and that's saying a lot because they've had some doozies!, guild levels. Over the course of the next several years players earned the right to place significantly powerful buffs on their respective ships, with more and better buffs being available to higher level guilds. Once the majority of guilds attained a sufficient level as to obtain the majority of buffs Turbine decided to take away the buffs that guilds had already earned and sell back to them lesser, but longer lasting buffs.

Something happened somewhere and they were for some reason unable to promptly take away the good buffs players had earned as they had originally planned. (Go figure, Turbine mess up!?) They came up with the cargo hold for the interim while they fix whatever they messed up. Therefore, we currently have access to the old and the new, yet there are a few new buffs that do indeed replace the old with equivalent value.

The purpose of this thread is to highlight the old buffs that have actually been replaced by new buffs of equal value, thus making them redundant and a waste of time to maintain, use, and stock up on before it's too late.

Just a note. This list assumes you or your guild is willing to purchase all the astral shard amenities (eventually). It might also be possible to obtain them as quest rewards with today's update. I'm not sure if the astral shard amenities are on the loot tables though.

Also why aren't there NEW stone of change and altar of epic rituals (and device workstation amenities). Were these 3 overlooked or do you think they were intentionally omitted from the list of new amenities.

I was looking into the Cargo Hold buffs on the airships and found this old thread. Is the information here accurate? Airships could use one more pass to add a Class Trainers stateroom and also add more amenities to obviate the old Cargo Hold buffs so that Guilds don't have to maintain them.

/necro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast