Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bigby's Handy Box - WIll XP pots, XP shrines, and Voice of the Master stack?

Has anyone used the Bigby XP Stone yet? If so, can you confirm whether the shrine, pots, and voice stacks? Also, with the above active (please specify the % of the pot and shrine you used) what level did a Bigby stone take you to? Thanks in advance!

Community Member

I didn't use one yet, but if it works like the old stone with

50% xo pot
    10% ViP bonus
    5% voice of the master
    5% ship buffs

1st lifer
    ------------------
    old: 1,851,000
    new 1,445,000

3rd lifer
    --------------------
    old: 3,876,500
    new: 3,322,300

This the expected result if you start at exactly the min of the level when using the stone.

Let's see what hte actual results look like...

Community Manager

Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
    Though I never have and never would ever consider using a stone of XP, I hope you folks at Turbine realize by making these stones of XP not work with external xp boosts you will be loosing a ton of revenue?

It baffles my mind
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    I am the dumb.

Thanks for the information!

Makes that decision simple!

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Though I never have and never would ever consider using a stone of XP, I hope you folks at Turbine realize by making these stones of XP not work with external xp boosts you will be loosing a ton of revenue?

It baffles my mind
    That make up for it with the 50% pots you buy while leveling 15-20 heh
    Dorian

Will they continue to work with existing stones from Otto's boxes, or with possible future Otto's boxes that may be available?

Community Member

Will ottos boxes be provided again with the old mechaniks?
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

You better be doing the same for the Otto's Boxes or for lack of a better word... you guys are [Cdbd3rd redacted].
    Last edited by Grosbeak07; 07-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

at least saved me some 20k TP to use on the boxes, deffo not worth the money
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    You better be doing the same for the Otto's Boxes or for lack of a better word... you guys are idiots.
    I cant imagine they wouldn't, if they ever release another Otto's Box. The Stone was never meant to take you all the way to 20 by stacking up a bajillion XP bonuses. It was supposed to get you to 16, so you can focus on endgame content and skip the midgame grind. It wasn't supposed to be an "instant TR in a box"

Quote Originally Posted by TimethiefXVI View Post
    at least saved me some 20k TP to use on the boxes, deffo not worth the money
    Hah yeah true that, at least I dont have to spend time thinking about buying one now

Should be interesting to see how sales of Bigbys' compare to sales of Ottos'...
    After Bigbys' offer runs out, which one makes a reappearance will shed some light I'm thinking...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Wow. I just went from wanting to get several to wanting to get none. Thanks for saving me some money on TP, Turbine.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Community Member

Thanks for the honesty! But with due respect a horrible decision.

You just saved me a TON of money. (I would have bought 4-5 if they would have stacked)

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I cant imagine they wouldn't, if they ever release another Otto's Box. The Stone was never meant to take you all the way to 20 by stacking up a bajillion XP bonuses. It was supposed to get you to 16, so you can focus on endgame content and skip the midgame grind. It wasn't supposed to be an "instant TR in a box"
    Level 16-19 "end game"? What year is this? 2009? With the cap at 25, end game is epic. Not mid/upper heroic levels.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    If that was true they wouldn't have released it multiple times allowing all the bonuses to stack. They would have fixed it.

That might be the policy NOW, but it certainly wasn't earlier.

Ok thanks for letting us know. Now I will not be buying them or more turbine points.

I appreciate Turbine being upfront about this and not letting us find out after we spent our cash.

Community Member

Thank you for not making the change retroactive to the ottos boxes. We assumed that was working as intended when we bought since it was widely know for 5 months the last time you sold the otto's boxes.

This seems reasonable to me if you never intended for the boxes to provide these extra bonuses.

Whelp... thanks for that information. I won't be buying any.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast