Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

It's the upgrades that make them silly. The base items are decent enough on their own.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It's the upgrades that make them silly. The base items are decent enough on their own.
    Are they really that much more silly than ToD sets though? (okay, granted, yes, a lot of those are kind of cruddy)

I think this stuff is around the same ball park really.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    Alchemist is -2 SP for Empower, Maximize, Emp Heal, 10/20/30% spell cost reduction when at 50/25/10% total sp
    Correction: the spell point reductions kick in when you're at 50/25/10% of your total HP, not your total SP. SP would be very powerful, but HP is significantly weaker. Nobody wants to be running with their HP on fumes in a quest difficult enough to warrant serious SP conservation.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

I'm not really sure if this should go here, or if I should make a separate thread in the crafting sub forums, but oh well.

I got tired of waiting to see the new items from the raids, so to ease my craving for new stuff i went and looked at the new crafting station/barter box in the wilderness area before the lord of blades raid. I took screenshots of everything in it, and made an album for it. Mostly due to the number of items I'm hesitant to post all the screenshots, so here's the link to the album instead:
    http://mraakmr.imgur.com/ddo_u11_raid_crafting_station

Enjoy! I know i liked the look of it
    Last edited by MrAakmr; 08-21-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by MrAakmr View Post
    I'm not really sure if this should go here, or if I should make a separate thread in the crafting sub forums, but oh well.

I got tired of waiting to see the new items from the raids, so to ease my craving for new stuff i went and looked at the new crafting station/barter box in the wilderness area before the lord of blades raid. I took screenshots of everything in it, and made an album for it. Mostly due to the number of items I'm hesitant to post all the screenshots, so here's the link to the album instead:

heh, you posted that while I was busy turning my screenshots into words:

Before using the crafting machine on the Lord of Blades side you need to get an Attuned Alchemical Item. This is done my getting a blank Alchemical Item from the Master Artificer raid and adding one of the following metal types in the Master Artificer side machine:
    • Adamantine
    • Silver
    • Cold Iron
    • Flame Touched Iron
    • Byeshk
    • Crystal

I went through the crafting device on the way to Lord of Blades and here's what's inside:

Weapon Augments:

Tier 1 requires: Attuned Alchemical Item, Khyber Dragonshard of <element>, Martial Cannith Power Cell
    • Air: Shocking Burst, Stunning +10, Awareness 4
    • Earth: Acid Burst, Greater Stone Prison, Earthgrab
    • Water: Icy Burst, Freezing Ice, Fireshield(cold) (like Bracers of the Glacier)
    • Fire: Flaming Burst, Flaming Blast, Seeker +10

Tier 2 requires: Infused Alchemical Item(Tier 1 item), Khyber Dragonshard of <element> (Refined), Martial Cannith Power Cell
    • Air: Exceptional Dexterity +2, Lightning Strike, Doublestrike 6%
    • Earth: Exceptional Constitution +2, Acid Blast, Disintegration
    • Water: Exceptional Wisdom +2, Crushing Wave, Corrosice Salt
    • Fire: Exceptional Strength +2, Incineration, Righteous

Tier 3 requires: Dual-Infused Alchemical Item (Tier 2 item), Khyber Dragonshard of <element> (Exquisite), Martial Cannith Power Cell, 10 Epic Dungeon Tokens
    • Air: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Electrifying Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    • Earth: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Corrosive Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    • Water: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Freezing Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    • Fire: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Fiery Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot

The Tier 3 blast effect is:
    "This weapon is imbued with a <element> wrath. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit this <element> power will be released, dealing damage to the target and all enemies near it for 15d6 <element> damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 34) reduces this by half."
    Spell Augment:

The cost per tier is the same as weapons except that it uses Mystical Cannith Power Cell instead of Martial Cannith Power Cell

Tier 1:
    Superior <type> IX Item of
    • Air: Superior Magnetism IX, Superior <type> IX, Air Gaurd
    • Earth: Superior Corrosion IX, Superior <type> IX, Earthgrab Gaurd
    • Water: Superior Glaciation IX, Superior <type> IX, Freezing Ice Gaurd
    • Fire: Superior Combustion IX, Superior <type> IX, Magma Surge Gaurd

<type>:
    • Laceration: Increases the damage of your ~th level and lower slashing and bludgeoning spells by 50%. This effect does not stack with other item effects or potions. Requires Adamantine base item.
    • Radiance. Requires Silver base item.
    • Resonance. Requires Cold Iron base item.
    • Devotion. Requires Flame Touched Iron base item.
    • Nullification. Requires Byeshk base item.
    • Impulse. Requires Crystal base item.

Tier 2:
    Adds Superior Lore(12% chance, +.5 multiplier) of the base item's two elements. It also says that it removes a clicky of superior spark/erosion/inferno/freeze, but there is no indication that the base items have that ability

Tier 3:
    • Air: Efficient Metamagic Enlarge II, Greater Enchantment Focus, Spell Focus Mastery +1
    • Earth: Efficient Metamagic Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Penetration IX
    • Water: Efficient Metamagic Extend II, Greater Transmutation Focus, Greater Elemental Spell Power
    • Fire: Efficitent Metamagic Maximize II, Greater Evocation Focus, Aracane Augmentation IX

Crafting Materials:

• Crafted in the Master Artificer side machine:
      • 1 Empty Kyhber Dragonshard of (tier) = 200 (tier) Khyber Dragonshard Fragments
      • 1 Attuned Alchemical Item: Prototype Alchemical weapon/shield, Cannith Power Cell, Pliable Ingot, Dense Ingot, Glowing Ingot
    • Crafted in the Lord of Blades side machine:
      • 1 Kyhber Dragonshard of <element> (tier) = 1 Empty Kyhber Dragonshard of (tier) + 1 Spirit of <element>
    • Ingots are crafted in the Cannith Manufactury device from parts dropped by mobs in the explorer areas

EDIT: Made it clear that you need to add a metal type to a blank before adding Tier 1/2/3
    Last edited by SillyWallaby; 08-23-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrAakmr View Post

Wow. Some of those triple-infusion recipes look saucy...

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWallaby View Post
    heh, you posted that while I was busy turning my screenshots into words:

I went through the crafting device on the way to Lord of Blades and here's what's inside:
    thank you! no offense to mr aakmr, but this is *much* easier to understand =S

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    thank you! no offense to mr aakmr, but this is *much* easier to understand =S
    No offense taken! It is way easier to read

Tier 2:
    Adds Superior Lore(12% chance, +.5 multiplier) of the base item's two elements. It also says that it removes a clicky of superior spark/erosion/inferno/freeze, but there is no indication that the base items have that ability
    I read that as it adds the clicky, not removes a non-existent one. Mostly as the clicky description is under the fluff text at the bottom, and not properly under the 'Effects removed' description.
    I guess we'll wait to see someone make one before we know for sure. Where are all those slacking powergamers not making this stuff already?!

Quote Originally Posted by somerecluse View Post
    even more interesting is how do you have 165% chance to activate?
    Obviously his umd is a 33 at the time he took the screenshots.

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

on a side note, my habit of hoarding khyber dragonshards of various sizes is going to come in handy in the near future...

Community Member

• 1 Attuned Alchemical Item: Prototype Alchemical weapon/shield, Cannith Power Cell, Pliable Ingot, Dense Ingot,
    [/indent]
    (Emphasis mine) Does this mean you can get all theese goodies on a shield? It would really help my pale master if that is possible...

And people were saying Greensteel was too powerful...great googly-moogly.

Cleric/FvS kinda get screwed, since their spell bonuses are all on the "other" category, so they can't boost 2 useful elements at once (I'd like to put Superior Laceration IX and Superior Devotion IX on the same item, please).

But picture the Pale Master with:

Superior Glaciation IX, Superior Nullification IX, Freezing Ice Guard, Major Ice Lore, Major Void Lore, Efficient Metamagic: Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Pen IX.

All on ONE ITEM.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

Cleric/FvS kinda get screwed, since their spell bonuses are all on the "other" category, so they can't boost 2 useful elements at once (I'd like to put Superior Laceration IX and Superior Devotion IX on the same item, please).

Superior Glaciation IX, Superior Nullification IX, Freezing Ice Guard, Major Ice Lore, Major Void Lore, Efficient Metamagic: Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Pen IX.

All on ONE ITEM.
    Most pale masters have Void lore on robe. Epic Robe of Shadow is (or, better said, was; and probably will be again), in particular, very easy to obitain.

Community Member

lotsa stuff
    Think those tiers stack? So if you went triple air, you'd get +6 Shocking Burst, Stunning +10, HA +4, Exc Dex +2, 6% Doublestrike, Lightning strike, Electric Blast thingy, and a Red Augment slot? Those would be the ultimate dream wraps for a monk...

All on ONE ITEM.
    i don't think that's possible...

wait.. nvm...
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Also, another question... is it possible to combine elements?

IE. Could I get Earthgrab guard (tier 1-earth); Major Ice lore (tier 2-water) and Arcane Augmentation IX (tier 3-fire) on same item?

Quote Originally Posted by budalic View Post
    (Emphasis mine) Does this mean you can get all theese goodies on a shield? It would really help my pale master if that is possible...
    My understanding is yes, these can all go on a shield

All on ONE ITEM.
    It's superior lore, not major. It's even better
    Quote Originally Posted by budalic View Post
    Also, another question... is it possible to combine elements?

IE. Could I get Earthgrab guard (tier 1-earth); Major Ice lore (tier 2-water) and Arcane Augmentation IX (tier 3-fire) on same item?
    You should be able to combine different elements on different tiers. I'm not sure about combing weapon & spell augments. I'd have to go back and check.

EDIT: Went back to take a look. Each Tier of weapon/spell augment creates the same type of alchemical item, so it does look like you can combine weapon and spell augments(but spell augments 1 & 2 are restricted based on the items base metal type)

Also, it's an easy invis(more than 1, multiple levers) run to the machines. Getting to the Lord of Blades device requires picking a lock or fightign 3 golems instead.

In conclusion, awsome crafting is awsome, but we have no idea how much grind is involved in getting the mats
    Last edited by SillyWallaby; 08-21-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Community Member

You should be able to combine different elements on different tiers. I'm not sure about combing weapon & spell augments. I'd have to go back and check.

EDIT: Went back to take a look. Each Tier of weapon/spell augment creates the same type of alchemical item, so it does look like you can combine weapon and spell augments(but spell augments 1 & 2 are restricted based on the items base metal type)

Also, it's an easy invis(more than 1, multiple levers) run to the machines. Getting to the Lord of Blades device requires picking a lock or fightign 3 golems instead.

In conclusion, awsome crafting is awsome, but we have no idea how much grind is involved in getting the mats
    Thanks. Adamantine alchemical heavy shield w/Earth-Water-Fire (or possibly Earth-Earth-Fire) triple spell-casting infusion, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    on a side note, my habit of hoarding khyber dragonshards of various sizes is going to come in handy in the near future...
    no the ones needed are from lord of blades end chest
    Server: Fernia Guild: Southern Tenant Farmers Union
    MrTreats:lv20 Fighter Huma Macleod:lvl20Pali WF Octavius:lvl20 Rgr Drow Ramrez:lvl20 Clr Halfling Faygo:lvl20 Rog Drow Ampata:lvl20 Wiz Drow Bach:lvl17 Bard Drow Odafin:lvl5 Life 10 Seeley:lvl1 Barb 1/2 Orc

Community Member

boy, i hope handwraps are not left out from this new crafting too.

have anyone seen a blank pair of handwraps?

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast