Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nothing is Overpowered

You ask, "Can this really be true?"

And I say, "Absolutely!"

Let me explain why...

No Proof
    That is right there is no evidence that anything is overpowered. If it was then we would see evidence of this in the game itself.

Let’s look at an example. For instance let’s say that Warforged wizards are overpowered. If this was true then when I logged on to DDO I would expect to see Warforged wizards everywhere. All the LFMs would have 'WF wizards only'. If you were a cleric you could even find a group to be in because everyone would want WF wizards.

But the game is not like that. As a matter of fact we have a very diverse character base. We see all classes and all races played. There even seems to be a very even distribution of classes and races in the population. I would say that we may be a little short on elves, but that would be the only one thing I would point out.

And I would even say that the way characters are played and are built are very different. You could put two Warforged Wizards next to each other and you would find that they have a very different play style.

By looking at the diversity that we find in the game I would say that there is not anything that is overpowered.

The Game
    We all play the same game. DDO software is the same for all of us. We all have the same version. Nobody has an advantage we all have access to the same base software. This is a constant. And because of this we all have the same access to everything the game has to offer. Now some of these options may require sacrifice from us but the options are there none the less.

So, if you find something in the game that is better, then go get it. There is nothing stopping you.

Why are some better?
    So if nothing is overpowered and the game is the same for everyone why are some people better than others? Well there are several factors that lead to this some are variables that we can control and some are not...

The unchangeables
    1. They have better reflexes - Let’s face it we all don't have the same nimble fingers and quick reactions. I know there are people that will always be better than me, because I cannot match their expertise with a keyboard.
    2. They have better spatial ability - Some people are good with maps and memorizing dungeons. Some of us would get lost inside a paper bag.
    3. They have a better memory - Some people can remember loads of information. They know right where all the monsters spawn. They know every bad guys immunities and DR.

The variables
    4. They have a better interface - Faster machine, fancy mice and bigger screens will make you better
    5. They pay money to play - Some of the best things in the game cost you money to get. And that is the way it should be. It is what keeps this game going. Without it none of us would be playing.
    6. They play more hours - If you have been playing 10 hours a week for a year, you will not have the experience or the nice things that someone who has been playing 30 hours a week for 5 years.
    7. They study the game - They research things on the forums and on DDO wiki. They perfect their craft and make their character better.

So what is the point of all this... well from my point of view I have seen many 'Good Players' and have yet to see anything that is overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Nerf nothing.

/SIGNED!

Tired of all the guys every day posting, FVS R OP NERF NOW!

or

CASTER OVERPOWERED WAAAH!
    Last edited by Austinb1235; 07-25-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinb1235 View Post
    /SIGHNED!

Tired of all the guys every day posting, FVS R OP NERF NOW!

or

CASTER OVERPOWERED WAAAH!
    I think you mean "signed" just say'n
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    I think you mean "signed" just say'n
    Yeah i do, its early.

Better players who spent more time grinding out better gear are over powered. I actually heard some dude explain to us in the shroud that wail was overpowered because the wizard was landing most of the time on our elite shroud run. Wizard was decked out in Epic gear, which was not even around when the shroud was designed and put into the game.

Nerf good players with large time investments gearing out toons - they are overpowered - make them all average to sub par. [/sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Amen, Brother! (or sister, as the case may be).

Your DDO destiny is in your own hands.
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later on - Mitch Hedberg
    Silverweb - Silverwren - Silverware - Daydream - Dubbelklik

Yeah, nothing ever needs nerfed. Examples are WoP's, THF glancing blows, TWF off hand attacks, and vorpals.

I think we should follow the spirit of the OP and reverse the nerfs previously applied because it is not a PvP game, players who don't like those styles shouldn't group with those players, and the game was already balanced; per the feedback on nerfing threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    Nothing is Overpowered
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison View Post
    Nerf nothing.
    What is this nothing? I think I might have to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Yeah, nothing ever needs nerfed. Examples are WoP's, THF glancing blows, TWF off hand attacks, and vorpals.

I think we should follow the spirit of the OP and reverse the nerfs previously applied because it is not a PvP game, players who don't like those styles shouldn't group with those players, and the game was already balanced; per the feedback on nerfing threads.
    /Signed or/sighned (well both works) for that.
    Nerfing is baaaad for your ddo. We should whitewash all aspects hitted by fearsome nerf bat, and bring them back from darkness.
    After all NOTHING is overpowered EVER.

Default overpower

nothing is overpowered in this game BUT PvP does need to be balanced

Nerf nothing.
    NERF! NERF! NERF!

It's nerf or nothing!

I don't want nothing. So, NERF!

(PS: I'd give +1 but Max stole my immediate respnse and I'm mad. )

0 nerf plz.
    Smrti on Khyber

Wink Halfling Sorces...

Are Halfling Sorces over powered cuz quicken/max/emp works on the heals? along wit sorce quicken stacking with normal quicken for uber fast healz...

Community Member

I'm overpowered. I definitely need nerfed.

Default its all about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    I'm overpowered. I definitely need nerfed.
    Maybe, but we wern't talking about you we were talking about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

SoS is overpowered at least in a "relative to every other two hander in existance" (i mean, its over 20 dmg/swing higher than a +5 holy burst of GEOB)

other than that, nothing is really really op
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Nerf nothing.
    Exactly!
    Once upon a time, I was part of a team, and we saved some children. That was long ago and far away, and, yes, I am that old.

Only by nerfing everything will nothing be overpowered!
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast