Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Forum... New Rules!

Welcome Wizards and other Spellcasters!

Isn't it nice to be together where we can share common concerns about spell casting? This should be a great opportunity to bring our casting skills together under one banner. I think we should give a good name like WAOC (Wizards And Other Casters).

Now that we are all together I think it necessary to lay down a few ground rules so we can all get along, because while the powers that be like to think that we are all the same, there are a few subtle differences. And we do not want those differences to seperate us from this new day of unity, peace and love.

Rule #1 - Let us not clutter this forum with any threads discussing how one type of cleric is better than another. That means no Battle Cleric vs. Healbot vs. Offensive Caster Threads. If you participate in this activity you will be cast out to the "PvP" forum page and will have to post your opinions there.

Rule #2 - No threads complaining about Healer abuse. Puhleeessse! Let people die, don't let them die, use consumables, don't use consumables, heal stupid, don't heal stupid. Really we don’t need to hear any of that. And if you participate in that kind of discussion you will be cast out to the "Allgemeine Diskussionen" page.

Rule #3 - No threads from you Sorcerers complaining about how you have no PRE. Wah! Wah! Wah! It's coming! Be patient. Quit crying. Plus if you don't like it, play a wizard... Problem Solved! If you start a thread of this nature you will be cast out into forum section that no one reads... Technical Assistance.

Rule #4 - Bards, Paladins, Rangers and anyone else who has weak casting abilities this forum is not for you. Note that it says ‘spellcasters’, not ‘weak spellcasters’. Please find another forum to post your questions in. Do not waste the time of the REAL casters. If we find you sneaking in here we will toss you out to a forum that is read even less than Technical Assistance... Repot a Bug.

Rule #5 - Favored Souls.... you guys seem to keep a pretty low profile. Keep it that way.

Rule #6 - To my Wizardring brethren... Please refrain from any silly conversations about Pale Master vs. Archmage. We all know that it is really tough to mess up a Wizard of any kind, these discussions just really are not necessary, because all wizards are uber. If you participate in this activity you will punished by not 'having' to cast haste on any melee characters for a week.

Again I would just like to welcome the 'other casters' to this forum page. Please obey the rules so that your stay here with us wizards will be a fun and enjoyable time.

Peace and love… think of puppies and rainbows.

Community Member

Hi Jortann,
    Welcome indeed to our new togetherness forum goodness.

I would like to suggest a possible name change and maybe a few other rules.

Firstly I was thinking more of UCLCOATOO (Useful Casters Like Clerics, Ohh And Those Other Ones).

I realise it doesn't flow off the tongue as well as your name, but I feel captures the essence in some Parisian cafe kind of esque.

Rule #7 - After discussing Haste, Firewall and Wail for hours, Arcanes should be free to discuss any other spells they feel might one day be useful in a quest.

Rule #8 - Clerics should refrain from any smug remarks about how you never see an LFM for Arcanes up

Rule #9 - Arcanes should refrain from commenting on threads relating to the awesomeness of the Cleric class, unless they are of course adding anecdotal evidence as to our awsomeness.

So indeed welcome to all my Clerical bretheran, and all you other types who occasionally cast spells

Peace, Love, and Double Rainbows that fill the whole sky

Regards
    Wolf

PS. In case anyone rolls a 1 on their "Is this thread serious" check, I would suggest the answer would be NO!!!!!!!!!

Default Lol

SELF-CONSCIOUS TR GUYS: DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!!!

How can you take these quotes seriously?

"Peace and love… think of puppies and rainbows."

"forum section that no one reads... Technical Assistance."

"Plus if you don't like it, play a wizard... Problem Solved!"

"Puhleeessse! Let people die, don't let them die, use consumables, don't use consumables, heal stupid, don't heal stupid."

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.

U R hilarious Jortann.

I really did lol

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    Rule #4 - Bards, Paladins, Rangers and anyone else who has weak casting abilities this forum is not for you. Note that it says ‘spellcasters’, not ‘weak spellcasters’. Please find another forum to post your questions in. Do not waste the time of the REAL casters. If we find you sneaking in here we will toss you out to a forum that is read even less than Technical Assistance... Repot a Bug.
    Where will new Rangers learn the best times/places to "cast" Mass Camo if not in the "Casters" forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Welcome to the Sorcerer forums! We welcome our visiting neighbors of the other spell casting persuasions.

Make sure to use a coaster when you sit your drinks on the coffee table and keep your shoes off the furniture.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - GOOlock, Niccolina - Assassin, Jensu - Warlock Enlightened Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

I would like welcome our fellow casters to the sorcerer forums.

You may ask yourselves why sorcerer forums. That's because our high charisma makes us natural leaders.

Remember, we are all equal here but some are more equal then others.

Community Member ladyzerlynda14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    Welcome to the Sorcerer forums! We welcome our visiting neighbors of the other spell casting persuasions.

Make sure to use a coaster when you sit your drinks on the coffee table and keep your shoes off the furniture.
    What he said

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shareplz View Post
    How can you take these quotes seriously?
    Did I miss a few good rants?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    Did I miss a few good rants?
    Nah, sorcerer domination has been established, other caster can only stand in awe of our colossal charisma .

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    Hi Jortann,
    Welcome indeed to our new togetherness forum goodness.

I would like to suggest a possible name change and maybe a few other rules.

Firstly I was thinking more of UCLCOATOO (Useful Casters Like Clerics, Ohh And Those Other Ones).

I realise it doesn't flow off the tongue as well as your name, but I feel captures the essence in some Parisian cafe kind of esque.

Rule #7 - After discussing Haste, Firewall and Wail for hours, Arcanes should be free to discuss any other spells they feel might one day be useful in a quest.

Rule #8 - Clerics should refrain from any smug remarks about how you never see an LFM for Arcanes up

Rule #9 - Arcanes should refrain from commenting on threads relating to the awesomeness of the Cleric class, unless they are of course adding anecdotal evidence as to our awsomeness.

So indeed welcome to all my Clerical bretheran, and all you other types who occasionally cast spells

Peace, Love, and Double Rainbows that fill the whole sky

Regards
    Wolf

PS. In case anyone rolls a 1 on their "Is this thread serious" check, I would suggest the answer would be NO!!!!!!!!!
    Um.. you mean there are useful cleric spells other than mass heal, cometfall and blade barrier?

....Oh, sorry,

I was lookin fe da Wand Whipper forums, .

Careful, to much wand whipping will make you go blind .

Quote Originally Posted by grgurius View Post
    Careful, to much wand whipping will make you go blind .
    That's why I put blindness ward on my greensteel goggles, you know...
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - GOOlock, Niccolina - Assassin, Jensu - Warlock Enlightened Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Where can I find the limp wristed wand whippers injury forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    Um.. you mean there are useful cleric spells other than mass heal, cometfall and blade barrier?
    Heal is much more efficient than Mass Heal when you're doing a quest properly (i.e. solo).

Default Welcome Clerics!

Wolf:

I am glad that you want to be part of our forum. It is good to see your enthusiastic approach to things!

I like the initiative that you have taken with this name thing. I would just like to offer a small change ... AWUCLCOATOO (Awesome Wizards, Useful Casters Like Clerics, Ohh And Those Other Ones). I am sure that you will immediately see how this greatly improves your already good idea.

I might also like to add some suggestions to tweak Rule #7 here. First of all you will not find any wizards starting threads about Haste. You are more likely to find that in the Melees forum page, under a title like, 'we needz youz to makes us uberz'. Secondly there are several other spells we like to talk about like, fireball, scorching ray, cone of cold, frost lance, polar ray and FoD (finger of Death for those of you who don't know the arcane lingo).

I would also like to help you to understand this phenomonen that you refer to in Rule #8. This happens because of 2 reasons. The first being that people usually like to participate in a group. Often when there is a wizard in the group they end up just watching in awe as they scramble to keep up with the pace. The second is due to kill count stats. Many people who like to think of themselves as uber, or even just good, don't like to have their kill count overwhelmingly outdone by the guy carrying sceptors and wearing a dress... uh ... I mean robe. But you get what I mean.

Ummm... I am sure this will not be a problem as I have never seen a thread like that before....

I would also like to welcome the clerics to our forum! Especially those that I have frequently played with and that tend to be a cut above the rest. I know you are not supposed to name names, but these clerics are truly superb and deserve to be called out...

Kendra Estleton
    Marissa Lorle
    Miranda Kelven
    Tempys Lorben
    Ayron Staliya

You guys really give the cleric community a good name!

Again, Unity, Peace, Love, Puppies, Kittens and Double Rainbows All the Way..... Wait I think I see a Triple!

Yeah what he said!

Community Member

I surrender to your wit sir, well played

Wolf

Default No Worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    Fellow Casters, again I wish to welcome you to our forum.

However, I must apologize for my sorcerer brethren who wish to impose these rules upon you.

Our forum that you are visiting is meant to be a warm and welcoming place. If you want to put your drinks on the tables, go ahead. Just push a few books aside and find a spot.

Also feel free to put your feet up there, even if your Boots of Feather Falling are still on. The point is to make yourself at home amongst us High Thinkers and our tables, chairs and books. And feel free to pick up a few books and read them - you may just increase your Intelligence.

And again do not worry about the tables as anyone with a High Intelligence knows it isn't a problem. If you ruin a table we will just conjure up a new one.

So come on in, pull up a chair and gather around the Wall of Fire. And if your beverage needs cooling just ask us and we can put it in the Cone of Cold.

Remember Unity, Peace, Love, Kindness, High Intelligence, Puppies, Kittens, Cute Babies and Rainbows.... Always

So you're trying to tell me that you want me to bring back my Plz ungimp Sorcs for Epics thread?
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

Monks posts belong in spellcaster forum, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast