Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    I think the difference there is that the DT set bonuses were actually added as a third piece of the set as opposed to being able to replace either of the other parts.
    Nope, because if you had DT and lets say only the necklace from hound for lorricks, you would get 30% to lvl 8 spells. Then if you added the shield it was 50%, and vice versa

Default Well

i found it odd that they did this item with specific sets let alone specific items of a set......

it should count as 1 piece of any set in game period

Well Developers? Thoon? Turbine god or who ever..

is the gem of many facets really a gem of many facets or are there only so many sides to this gem?

Bah, I fail at reading...nevermind.
    Last edited by Sirea; 11-04-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

So no official answer...

Yeah I'd really like to know if the gem is WAI or not, I'd rather not roll an epic seal/shard and then have the item rot in my bank because I can't use it with the gem (like bracers of the claw).

An official answer would be appreciated.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Default only rumors..

I've 'HEARD' that a DEV may have mentioned something about eventually making Gem work for either piece of gear.. was told it was mentioned when Fens first came out.I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this? Hoping for an official response. ty

The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    The intention for this item is indeed to make it count for either item in the set bonuses- I think at one point I responded to a PM saying that I wanted to make it work as such. Because I'm considering revisiting some Epic items again soon, this one has the potential to make that list, but I'm trying to start with the Epics that are truly terrible first and work my way up. Check out my post in this thread to see some of what I'm planning: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=40
    Just by making so either item works with the gem make several others better and more useful.
    Active: Meriam,
    Inactives: Fluorite, Bogenschutze, Merkava, Sorjak, Virgina, Heywire, Mayberry, Rhyodacite, Reepicheep
    Roving Guns

I will name my first child after you.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Genasi - as always you are the best!
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

<Slight heart attack> You mean the devs actually read these formus and take suggestions? Can we have a thread praising them to go with the bashing ones (Now go destroy both sides of the PvP argument, quickly!)

As always Gen, thank you very much!

Community Member

<3!!!!

I definitely see the reason to boost the Carnival items (currently, I just run those in the hopes of coming across Scroll of the Antique Greataxe and farming epic tokens), but that said, the sooner the change to epic Gem of Many Facets comes, the bigger the <3!!!!

Here's an idea for the Gem of MF (not super thoughtout I will add):

Add the ToD set bonues. Not the ring, but rather the necklace or belt portion.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

I am actually going to voice my displeasure with a decision to revisit this item. Ironically one of my guildies and friends in game is of the exact opposite opinion and he has been the most ardent supporter for this change. I believe that all melee will now wear epic bracers of the claw, epic charged gauntlets, and epic gem of many facets. Variety is the spice of life and this game. Having one set gear for all melee is boring.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am actually going to voice my displeasure with a decision to revisit this item. Ironically one of my guildies and friends in game is of the exact opposite opinion and he has been the most ardent supporter for this change. I believe that all melee will now wear epic bracers of the claw, epic charged gauntlets, and epic gem of many facets. Variety is the spice of life and this game. Having one set gear for all melee is boring.
    Not true i bet i would keep my Epic Spec-gloves.

The problem is the lack of real choices at the upper lvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomalon View Post
    Not true i bet i would keep my Epic Spec-gloves.

That's my plan
    Last edited by grodon9999; 05-13-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Here's an idea for the Gem of MF (not super thoughtout I will add):

Add the ToD set bonues. Not the ring, but rather the necklace or belt portion.
    Wow . . . just wow . . . if it did that AND the Fens thingie that Gensai was proposing it'd be BY FAR the most over-powered thing in the game. Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE to see my neck and belt spots free up for more Epic or GS but that's too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomalon View Post
    The problem is the lack of real choices at the upper lvls.
    And the underlying reason for this is that Turbine's made the only choice for melees in epic to gear for is DPS, DPS, and DPS. Remove that value of AC or anything else really and what else are we going to slot for?

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I disagree, you really don't gain dps by taking off the bold trinket and slapping on the gem to open up the gloves for the charged gauntlets. 20d6 on a 20 (average damage in the 90's from my experience) versus 10d6 (average of about 50) on a 20 and 2 extra seeker are roughly equivalent on average on higher threat weapons such as the sos- especially if you die and lose your damage buff, the bold now provides another 1.

It will depend on what weapons your swinging, your targets degree of lightning resistance (which we fight a number of) and the status of your ship damage buff to decide which one is actually providing more damage.

The damage isn't really what I'll be looking at, its more the extra slots the chrono stuff provides versus the 30% healing amp on the claw gloves that I'll have to weigh out. They're fairly balanced in their usage I think, I'll just end up alternating between the two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12