Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OK Day 1 how did you all do?

Me <--- 0 deaths
    got Warforge wiz to level 6 and ...decently geared. Given the situation.

ok, how did everyone else do?

NOTE:
    other days posted further down the thread
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 02-22-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Didn't play a whole lot, but at least didn't get myself or anyone else killed.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Was quiet at first, then the death notices started coming in.
    There were lvl 1's being killed by reapers...lol
    not sure why anyone would walk into a skull level with a 1?
    at least wait til level 3 or something
    ...must be a reaper thing.

In a game where we (supposedly) role play as heros, I spent some (a lot) of time running away.

I keep seeing so-and-so killed by famine. It's gotta be the number one killer, besides bob was killed by bob. According to the death notices, I guess the majority of Hardcore players are commiting suicide. I thought maybe it was from falling, but then I saw a death from falling note.

Community Manager

Day one, still alive, almost 5 (but will be playing low-level quests for Favor for a while).
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Soloed an arti/wiz to lvl6 and 249 favor, and played with my wife to get arti/ranger and her rogue to lvl3
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

I like it.
    I'm a Bladeforged Paladin and I'm a big coward.
    I just ran some low level stuff on Normal and Hard just to get some basic gear.
    I'm looking forward to jumping in Harbor Elites now and start to properly level.
    I have absolutely no intention on running Reaper at the moment.
    Because I'm a big coward.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Well.....

I planned on a artie (at least two levels) and alchie (at least 12 levels) mix...
    Got to play with Cordovan on the Weekly Wednesday livestream! Very fun.
    Met some very cool people!
    Worked up to level six! (2 arty/4 alchie). Was trapping the things left and right.
    Korthos, Badlands, elite... no worries. Finished all level 1 and solo quests. Went on to the level twos. (Except Stealth Repo...tried that twice and had quite a scare.)
    Went on to do level 1s and 2s on reaper while I had access to those quests. Soloed Badlands reaper no problemo...

Was cleaning up the level 2s on reaper and entered Retrieving the Lost Tome (the old "Lighthouse" quest)...
    Ran through it without an issue. Had another join and healed him a couple times. Was hit by lighting once or twice and survived it no worries.
    Last room...quest practically done...wanted to disarm the cold trap near the chest for a little more XP.

(dramatic pause)

(dramatic bear paws)

(pun apology)

Got nailed by the cold trap and met Harry.

F.

F indeed.

(Que tiefling violins)

I'm done with Hardcore this season. Will try again next.

I liked the artalchie mix and will transfer it to live and continue the adventures of the Overeager Trapper.

I REALLY like how quickly first life characters level up.
    Ghallanda (38): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf, Fullmettle, etc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    According to the death notices, I guess the majority of Hardcore players are commiting suicide. I thought maybe it was from falling, but then I saw a death from falling note.
    Do we need a halfling trauma counselor on the HC server? Just took 5 and I haven't been in trouble much yet, though we'll see how it goes after STK 3. Hopefully I don't get 1 shot by the fire trap again with 90 points of resist/reduction online.

lol halfling trauma center...

not really sure how bob kills bob
    a bug maybe
    I GOT IT
    kill by doppelganger

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    According to the death notices, I guess the majority of Hardcore players are commiting suicide. I thought maybe it was from falling, but then I saw a death from falling note.
    I'm going to regret typing this on the forums as it might reveal too much about how DDO works, but... those are 99% likely to be deaths due to trap damage. I can try to get an exception in that overrides self-death to a best guess at what killed you, but traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Manager

Then again if you die in a trap, it sort of is your fault. Unless it's my fault, then it is my fault, sorry.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Level 4.
    Having some notice would have given me time to plan the day better!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I'm going to regret typing this on the forums as it might reveal too much about how DDO works, but... those are 99% likely to be deaths due to trap damage. I can try to get an exception in that overrides self-death to a best guess at what killed you, but traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.
    Pardon me good chap. I see that you have wandered into my trap zone. Would you be so kind as to toss this acid in your face? That would be lovely.

So, does that mean character's with evasion are being rude and refusing to hurt themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Then again if you die in a trap, it sort of is your fault. Unless it's my fault, then it is my fault, sorry.
    CONFIRMED! I did just die in a trap (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Rakhat. The things I do for...(muttering...)

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Quote worthy,

P.S. Ive heard this exact line hundreds of times in my PnP group over the years.

Community Member

Wait...so does that mean PM Zombies take +20% Trap damage?

Hobgoblin Shaman got me in 3rd part of STK. Lvl 5 Bladeforged Paladin.

Same thing gets me every time. Overconfidence. Never got past 7 on the first HC season. Probably wont on this one either
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Default Rats!

Plague Reaper took me down, but a Rat actually got the final blow. It showed me dying by a rat. Ugh....

Would of felt better if it shown the reaper got me.

Rat 1 : Bunker 0
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast