Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Sneak Peek Today - Euphonia's Challenge: Treasure of the Crystal Cove!

Smuggler's Rest will be open for a special sneak peek between 2pm and 11pm Eastern (GMT-5) today! Enjoy Euphonia's Challenge: Treasure of the Crystal Cove before Thursday's official kick-off! Click here to read more about DDO's 5th Birthday celebration, and click here to check out the newest event-related items in the DDO Store!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

do we get to keep all the stuff we acquire? or will it reset for the live event this weekend?
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Asketes View Post
    do we get to keep all the stuff we acquire? or will it reset for the live event this weekend?
    Good question!
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Asketes View Post
    Everything you get today will stay with you, including your new pirate hat (should you choose to turn in your party invitation today!)
    Join us on Twitch!

Where is Smugglers Rest?

Quote Originally Posted by mudfud View Post
    Where is Smugglers Rest?
    Provided it stays the same as Llama Land there will be a captain guy standing just south of the general vendor in the harbor.

If you were looking for a more Loreish-type answer, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by goblean View Post
    Provided it stays the same as Llama Land there will be a captain guy standing just south of the general vendor in the harbor.

If you were looking for a more Loreish-type answer, I don't know.

Heh no thats good enough. Almost had to ask where the heck the general vendor was but found it on map.

Community Manager

Speak to Sailor Calatin in the Harbor docks area to be transported to Smuggler's Rest.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

We also wanted to mention our newly-published guide to Euphonia's Challenge: Treasure of the Crystal Cover over in the DDO Compendium here!
    Join us on Twitch!

Compass drop rates hate my guild leader.

Two of us had a few compasses, with 2000 handins to go when he logged on. So we went out and we killed and we killed and we killed (and I died and I died and I died while everyone else laughed at me), and he got nothing.

Then the cave quest opened and we killed and we killed and we killed (and I died and I died and I died and they all laughed at me some more. Apparently I have an affinity for incoming fireballs...)... and then the cave quest closed, and he still didn't have a single compass.

He also had about 20 gold coins, about 100 silver and about 230 copper. the rest of us had hundreds and hundreds of each.

Oh - and he has the Tier 6 pirate hat, too... poor Turinde. Pity Turinde. Send him in game mail or forum PMs of condolence with screenshots of all the compasses you looted, he will appreciate it and may even thank you for it and send you cash-money and lingerie for being so considerate. No really. (But don't tell him I told you to do it, because I like being in his guild...)

Anyway, if there's any chance at all of this being tweaked either for the full run at the weekend or for the next time this event gets run... please allow the doubloons and compasses to be tradable? Bound to guild? Bound to party only? Something?

I know we'll get plenty more shots at this, and I know he could've bought one in the store - but being a TR-holic he didn't want to spend the TPs cos he needs them for hearts (again, poor Turinde, pity Turinde, send him more PMs with screenshots of all your True Hearts of Wood so that he can stare adoringly at them, he will thank you and send you cash-money and smexy smexy lingerie, I promise, really I do), and there's no way for me to buy a compass for him which I certainly had the TPs for and was prepared to do.

Still - I was first in to the zone when it opened on Argo (or was first to shout in chat - I got there a split second before a L3 in his underwear with a starter axe...), so that's one acheivement I can claim, except maybe most deaths on the first night...

Edit: seriously? The word Wist fully (without a space) is censored? I can see the acronym but come on... Swapped it to 'adoringly' to please the censors...
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 02-22-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Nice thanks again from the International community, the timing is great ...
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Nice thanks again from the International community, the timing is great ...
    Its just the preview - it will be back.

But that's not to say you don't have a point. I hadn't noticed so much this time because it pretty much hit euro prime time as well as US, but you're right, the other half of the world will miss out again. Its an improvement on the mabar preview I think, but I'd have thought a 24 hr preview wouldn't be out of the question either.
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Are we seriously able to buy the highest level hat in the DDO store?

what sort of good equipment does this event have? (kensai AA, AM/PM wiz, Monk)
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

what sort of good equipment does this event have? (kensai khopesh AA, AM/PM wiz, Monk)
    good breakdown here:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=300278

Alternatively you can just go to the event, and look in euphonia's box. Yes, I really said that. Anyway, you can view all the kit by scrolling through it, although I'm not sure whether you get the full details of each one. I'm sure I saw a thread somewhere with it all laid out even better than the one I linked above. Must've been imagining it, cos I can't find it now.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    good breakdown here:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=300278

Alternatively you can just go to the event, and look in euphonia's box. Yes, I really said that. Anyway, you can view all the kit by scrolling through it, although I'm not sure whether you get the full details of each one. I'm sure I saw a thread somewhere with it all laid out even better than the one I linked above. Must've been imagining it, cos I can't find it now.
    ty, and awww... none of the stuff looks that good.... i guess ill farm out an ornamented dagger if nothing else...
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Thank you to whoever made the change from Lama to have rednames in the Cove drop something. It's often not much (a gem, or a few worker barrels, or a torch), but at least there's some kind of reward for beating through their ridiculous health.

I wish the other big annoyance -- Madstone rage preventing you from placing torches -- had been removed. Alas!

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Compass drop rates hate my guild leader . . .
    I agree that it would be nice if more of this stuff was tradable (not sure why this change was made). Nevertheless, it seems like a lot of people aren't aware that you're not dependent on random loot drops for compasses; you can buy them with doubloons, in game.

Quote Originally Posted by SardaofChaos View Post
    Are we seriously able to buy the highest level hat in the DDO store?
    Why would you? It provides a somewhat bigger bonus to doubloons; other than that, there's no stat difference. Anyway, all the hats can be created in the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Hey does anyone know if the descriptions for the recipes in the box are now accurate?
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Descriptions are accurate yes.

I like the event, good job. And nice to see a lot of changes from the first event on lammaland.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    Descriptions are accurate yes.

I like the event, good job. And nice to see a lot of changes from the first event on lammaland.
    Not entirely, no. For instance, the Epic Brawling Gloves second upgrade states that it upgrades the item from sneak attack +3 to sneak attack +4 and adds a yellow slot... however, the base level 20 Epic Brawling Gloves start with sneak attack +4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast