Thread: re: How to

Default re: How to

First, thanks for putting this forum up.. You may remember I asked for this many months ago.

Second some feedback on ur how to:

DO make sure that you’ve filed a bug report using the bug reporting tool! Remember, we can see whether or not you filed a bug if you claim to have sent one. Also remember: you need a forum account to use the tool - create one by going to myaccount.turbine.com

The whole purpose of this forum should be to save you guys time by having a place to focus on to read reports and enter them. If you constantly have to read both the threads and the reports, seems like your doing twice the work imo.

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

The whole purpose of this forum should be to save you guys time by having a place to focus on to read reports and enter them. If you constantly have to read both the threads and the reports, seems like your doing twice the work imo.

I second this.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

So does this mean we can report old bugs as well?

Like say the Frenzied Berserker set stealing rages? I mean these bugs are technically still present on Lamania.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    First, thanks for putting this forum up.. You may remember I asked for this many months ago.

No. Bug reports go directly into QA. There is someone who his only job is to vet them. This will not save him time at all. Why? By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are not the full game population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.
    This is a secondary catch all, not the replacement.
    Personally I don't care if you use carrier pigeon, all information is good.

As for what to report, start a thread of whatever you want. If it turns into a rantfest I'm just going to nuke it. Fair warning and all.
    Last edited by MajMalphunktion; 03-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    ... By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.

WOOT BE PROUD FOLKS!!
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

You asked for it. Expect a pigeon to tell you to make Anthem start working on all levels and tiers of the Blasting Chime.

*SNIP*There is someone who his only job is to vet them. *SNIP*
    Who did he upset?!

Are they on suicide watch as well?

Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

No. Bug reports go directly into QA. There is someone who his only job is to vet them. This will not save him time at all. Why? By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population who care enough to post about it. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.

As for what to report, start a thread of whatever you want. If it turns into a rantfest I'm just going to nuke it. Fair warning and all.
    Don't forget the part in red. It was a key part of the initial development of the game in beta that didn't make it to production (where all hell broke loose).

I can tell you that not very many of your 100% actually post about the bugs. They also don't seem to know about the forums as well.

<someone who used to care>
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

9. 01-28-2012, 09:22 AM

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    That is either false or overrated compared to my experience.

In a group of six persons having a game breaker issue (e.g. can't enter boss room in delirium quest) only i took the time and effort to report the bug. After i asked another one did too. 2 over six persons.

If 100% of DDO players would report bugs your bug guy would be flooded with incoming reports, couldn't even have the time to check if correct or not.

Also, if you take the time to do a bug report, which is slow as hell, with lots fields sometimes useless when that works... i think you should have the time to come in and post in the forums.

100% players bug report? I think until level 10 you don't even know how to do a bug report...
    100% of players have the ability to report bugs. Not just people that hang out here in the forums....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    100% of players have the ability to report bugs. Not just people that hang out here in the forums....
    "ability" to report the bugs.

just not in game

grrrrr. please fix the in-game bug report feature?
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Don't forget the part in red. It was a key part of the initial development of the game in beta that didn't make it to production (where all hell broke loose).

I can tell you that not very many of your 100% actually post about the bugs. They also don't seem to know about the forums as well.

<someone who used to care>
    Not only that MajMalphunction, but a good chunk (not accusing every or nearly every player of this, but when a major one surfaces, a very noticeable chunk [at least 10-30%]) of players in any given server) of your 100% would rather exploit any "beneficial" bugs than report them. Non-beneficial bugs do not get reported on grounds of 1) broken bug-reporter, or one that takes entirely too long to load in-game. 2) The very fact that even when bugs were reported in-game through said bug-report, staff has historically and repeatedly acted as though the forum posts they read were the very first time they'd actually heard of a bug in question. That's why bugs are often posted on these forums rather than through the bug-reporter.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Heh. Funny you should mention that.

Here's a widely circulated article from a few years back...

A Durban IT company pitted an 11-month-old bird armed with a 4GB memory stick against the ADSL service from the country's biggest web firm, Telkom.

Winston the pigeon took two hours to carry the data 60 miles - in the same time the ADSL had sent 4% of the data.

Telkom said it was not responsible for the firm's slow internet speeds.

The idea for the race came when a member of staff at Unlimited IT complained about the speed of data transmission on ADSL.

He said it would be faster by carrier pigeon.

"We renown ourselves on being innovative, so we decided to test that statement," Unlimited's Kevin Rolfe told the Beeld newspaper.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8248056.stm
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    100% of players have the ability to report bugs.
    Have you tried to report one while playing recently?
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this <--- 2020 edition!

Default you are wrong sir...

No. Bug reports go directly into QA. There is someone who his only job is to vet them. This will not save him time at all. Why? By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are not the full game population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.

i post here.and i never fill out bug reports.i file reports at work not at play.pay me,give me free stuff and maybe ill report but no promises

Community Member

Bug reports go directly into QA. There is someone who his only job is to vet them.
    ROFL

So with the bug reporting tool broken for years, and the general population having given up reporting bug through this avenue, what does this person do all day?

Perhaps this person is making sure the bug reporting tool stays "working"

Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    i post here.and i never fill out bug reports.i file reports at work not at play.pay me,give me free stuff and maybe ill report but no promises
    did we really need to necro this?

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    ROFL

So with the bug reporting tool broken for years, and the general population having given up reporting bug through this avenue, what does this person do all day?

Perhaps this person is making sure the bug reporting tool stays "working"
    He deletes the ones that somehow, accidentally, got through to him in spite of the lack of a working bug reporting tool.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2020 Never settle for the lesser evil...