Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default epic Against the Demon Queen: Queen Lailat boss bugged (no end chest)

We have run EE ADQ twice in the past week, and the end boss Queen Lailat bugs out in the last summoning circle area - we defeated Lailat, but she then revives at 0 health and becomes undefeatable (she just remains at 0 health but continues attacking).

The quest does complete, but there is no end chest.

We were considering maybe it is because we killed her too quickly? We will have to try again and slow down the dps to see if it bypasses this bug, but was wondering if anyone had any insight into this?

The same happened so far two times for me on reaper.

This bug is also happening on Heroic
    Holybird of House Perkele. Sisu is with us. But is sisu with you?

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    We were considering maybe it is because we killed her too quickly?
    This would be my first guess. There have been issues caused by this in the past. Slow down the DPS next time if you have been KO'ing her really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    she then revives at 0 health and becomes undefeatable (she just remains at 0 health but continues attacking).
    This same type of thing happened to me on Hardcore with Succubus Double in Wrath of the Flame. Died, got back up with 0 HP and followed me through the rest of the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Halciet View Post
    This same type of thing happened to me on Hardcore with Succubus Double in Wrath of the Flame. Died, got back up with 0 HP and followed me through the rest of the quest.
    oh golly, thank goodness this bug did not happen (afaik) with Queen Lailat in ADQ on hardcore.

I was wondering if they were somehow messing with the stat/power level of Queen Lailat that might be causing this issue - there was another forum thread about how Queen Lailat is too easy to kill on heroic. but I did not observe this phenomenon with immortal Queen Lailat in ADQ until this week. I ran it last week without any issue.

I ran ADQ yesterday with a second-lifer alt of mine on epic hard, and it did this exact same thing!

The only problem is my rogue mechanic is not a strong melee character, and I spent a good minute or two kiting Lailat around the room as I wore her down. I don't think this is a "killing the boss too quickly" issue.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

I also have experienced this.

And I also was solo and it didn't feel like it had gone particularly fast.
    Don't be a figjam.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scortius View Post
    I also have experienced this.

And I also was solo and it didn't feel like it had gone particularly fast.
    Yep me too just this week but I did get the raid flag at least. Kinda too bad. This quest is very cooland a lot of work to get to the end.

Saw this happen on heroic reaper so I went back in and did it on heroic elite and both DQs bugged in the same manner (Ran her around for awhile just to make sure). The quest marks as finished but no chest and you just beat on her for 0 health.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Saw this happen on heroic reaper so I went back in and did it on heroic elite and both DQs bugged in the same manner (Ran her around for awhile just to make sure). The quest marks as finished but no chest and you just beat on her for 0 health.
    yeah I am hoping this is fixed soon - the ADQ end chest awards tokens of the twelve and (I think) also has a small chance to drop named items.
    I am not sure when they released update 50 if they inadvertently removed named item drops from the epic menechtarun quests. I have been running epic chains of flame to see if heroic named items are still dropping, but so far have had no luck.

Had the windmill in The Knight Who Cried Windmill do that as well, although I did get the end chest in that case. I’ve done Zawabi’s Revenge on epic three or four times in the last few days on a couple different characters and Lailat hasn’t bugged out for me. So it’s at least not universal. I wasn’t super fast killing her so it doesn’t test the ‘too much DPS’ hypothesis.

Community Member

+1 group who had this happen a few days ago. We did R4 epic. Killed her pretty fast but not excessively so and she did the same thing - revive at 0 health and give no rewards.

I wonder if it isn't so much rate of dps, but instead she is getting a burst of damage done to her right as she would begin to teleport to a ledge.

yeah it does not seem to be a dps issue for Queen Lailat in ADQ.

I very slowly attacked Queen Lailat for about 5 minutes, and when the hp when to 0, she disappeared, then she reappeared a few seconds later at about 10% health, and was invincible from that point on.

No dev comment? Did you guys bug report?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    No dev comment? Did you guys bug report?
    Don't think we'll get any comment, as if no comment already it likely means that they don't have anything to track down that produces this result (possibly at all, if not) consistently.

My question to everyone who ran into this issue. Did anyone use Colours of the Queen or Double Rainbow? LGS effects? Or an Aura effect? (Warlock Eldritch Aura, FvS Fear Aura, etc)

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    My question to everyone who ran into this issue. Did anyone use Colours of the Queen or Double Rainbow? LGS effects? Or an Aura effect? (Warlock Eldritch Aura, FvS Fear Aura, etc)

J1NG
    I will try to pay attention to see what auras or stances I have, but I was on a rogue/artificer inquisitive without any auras the last time that I slowly pinged Queen Lailat to immortality.

oddly, I have noticed this issue elsewhere (as someone reported earlier) - we were running Wrath of the Flame in shavarath, and in the end fight, all the "Succubus Doubles" ended up bugging out in the same way. as soon as we beat them down the succubi, they became immortal/undefeatable. as soon as a Succubus Double got down to 0, it seemed to phase away and then came back with 0 hp and unkillable.

Community Member

Is this still bugged on Heroic?

Planning to run a few alts through there this weekend and would love not to make the trip if there's nothing at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    Is this still bugged on Heroic?

Planning to run a few alts through there this weekend and would love not to make the trip if there's nothing at the end.
    OP is from only 6 days ago so likely still happening.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast