Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A smart cheat : How to Improve your DPS in "Daul Shooter", dont use it

As everyone knows, Daul Shooter's current double shot is 1/2 of the basic double shot, which seems quite reasonable.
    Because when you use Inquisitive, and use Daul Shooter, the double shot of 1+A is improved to 2(1+0
    5A)=2+A, which just satisfies the double crossbow with one more crossbow (that is, the idea of adding 100 double shots)
    But when I accidentally did a test today, I found a huge mistake in the game.
    At the same attack speed, when "No holds barred" is turned on, "Daul Shooter" and "Single crossbow without Daul Shooter" consume exactly the same ammunition rounds. In other words, when the machine gun is turned on, the damage of holding a heavy crossbow in one hand is 1+A, but the double crossbow is only 1+0.5A left. This matter is very against experience, which means that when I gave up the most important Enhancement "dual shooter" of Inquisitive, my machine gun damage in the dungeon increased instead. This obviously violates Inquisitive's design philosophy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon_cn View Post
    As everyone knows, Daul Shooter's current double shot is 1/2 of the basic double shot, which seems quite reasonable.
    Because when you use Inquisitive, and use Daul Shooter, the double shot of 1+A is improved to 2(1+0
    5A)=2+A, which just satisfies the double crossbow with one more crossbow (that is, the idea of adding 100 double shots)
    At the same attack speed, when "No holds barred" is turned on, "Daul Shooter" and "Single crossbow without Daul Shooter" consume exactly the same ammunition rounds. In other words, when the machine gun is turned on, the damage of holding a heavy crossbow in one hand is 1+A, but the double crossbow is only 1+0.5A left. This matter is very against experience, which means that when I gave up the most important Enhancement "dual shooter" of Inquisitive, my machine gun damage in the dungeon increased instead. This obviously violates Inquisitive's design philosophy
    Really?? Let me test it.
    Hmmmmm.... you're right.

WOW, how smart SSG.

No Holds Barred (and Endless Fusillade) do exactly what they say in their tooltip: Remove the reload step from their firing animations for the duration. This may mean, in some situations, that while that ability is active your firing rate is similar to other crossbows. Yes, you have less Doubleshot in that situation than you might on other crossbows.

If you find you do more overall DPS while running dungeons by not using the Dual Shooter enhancement because you maintain a near-constant uptime on No Holds Barred, more power to you; enjoy that build.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

you can do some cool things skipping that dual shooter. and if you also notice the whole no reload time, you can make some cool choices about what to give up or take in some other trees. smart play, near constant machine gun, say hmmmm 18 rogue 2 arti, volley great crossbow, horrible to level, but respec and at 30, watchout.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    horrible to level, but respec and at 30, watchout.
    Then its useless for me, because I don't play 30.

I vastly prefer having good tools during leveling.

I won't do Pale Master, though.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

A build idea not fitting into your playstyle is totally fine, and there being builds that are strong at different levels and for different uses is not a bad thing.

Community Member

A, yes your proportional benefit from double shot in NHB with DXB is less, BUT...you're still shooting twice per attack cycle. So you either get 1+DS, or 2+1.5 DS (your math is wrong, it's not 2(1+A) but 2+A+0.5A). There is no break even point between those two lines, DXB is always ahead.

Except the one possibility where your one handed xbow is better than your dxb: namely, gxb. But pulling a Predator and swapping to minigun mode in NHB is not a new strategy.

B, it's a good time to repeat my case for one of the hills I love to die on...

There is ZERO mathematical support for Dshot penalties for ANY weapon - DXB, RXB, anything. Since dshot no longer increases proc rate for on-hits, it is PURELY a dps scalar. And because it's on its own unique multiplicative channel, it's a straight linear multiplier. 100% Dshot doubles your dps, straight up. It's independent of fire rate, base damage, crit profile, anything. Totally agnostic of anything related to weapon styles.

So therefore there is NO inherent advantage or disadvantage for Dshot using any weapon style. And therefore there's no need to compensate with a penalty. If a weapon style is balanced without Dshot, it should still be balanced with full Dshot. If something is too powerful with full Dshot, then its still equally overpowered without it, and Dshot isn't the problem.
    Last edited by droid327; 09-10-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    A, yes your proportional benefit from double shot in NHB with DXB is less, BUT...you're still shooting twice per attack cycle. So you either get 1+DS, or 2+1.5 DS (your math is wrong, it's not 2(1+A) but 2+A+0.5A). There is no break even point between those two lines, DXB is always ahead.

Except the one possibility where your one handed xbow is better than your dxb: namely, gxb. But pulling a Predator and swapping to minigun mode in NHB is not a new strategy.

There is ZERO mathematical support for Dshot penalties for ANY weapon - DXB, RXB, anything. Since dshot no longer increases proc rate for on-hits, it is PURELY a dps scalar. And because it's on its own unique multiplicative channel, it's a straight linear multiplier. 100% Dshot doubles your dps, straight up. It's independent of fire rate, base damage, crit profile, anything. Totally agnostic of anything related to weapon styles.

So therefore there is NO inherent advantage or disadvantage for Dshot using any weapon style. And therefore there's no need to compensate with a penalty. If a weapon style is balanced without Dshot, it should still be balanced with full Dshot. If something is too powerful with full Dshot, then its still equally overpowered without it, and Dshot isn't the problem.
    Not sure for 2+1.5 DS, I thought the Update of Daul Shooter says that each crossbow (in your two hand) can have same DS, which half of you should have.
    So isnt it means 2* (1+0.5DS) ?

Community Member

Oh ok I see what they're trying to set up there, ok

Still, 2+A is always better than 1+A unless your gxb literally puts out twice the dps of a hxb.

And it still should be 2+2A to preserve proportional dps

Repeater gets nerfs the hardest by Doubleshot penalty

Sure running single crossbow instead of double crossbow gets more double shot bonus however I still found both Single & Double crossbow in Inquisitive to be completely underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    No Holds Barred (and Endless Fusillade) do exactly what they say in their tooltip: Remove the reload step from their firing animations for the duration. This may mean, in some situations, that while that ability is active your firing rate is similar to other crossbows. Yes, you have less Doubleshot in that situation than you might on other crossbows.

If you find you do more overall DPS while running dungeons by not using the Dual Shooter enhancement because you maintain a near-constant uptime on No Holds Barred, more power to you; enjoy that build.
    Neither single of dual crossbow is that great

Speaking of No holds barred & Endless Fusillade

They are exclusive and having both provides a powerful buff
    However the enhancements to get them both are also mostly exclusive to weapon types which are not the same so it’s a huge cost to unlock in stuff that has zero benefits making the cost far outweigh the reward
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 09-13-2021 at 02:40 AM.

If they want to incentivize button activation bursts and such (and it sure seems like they do) then double shot penalties should have been coded where the first shot in each volley gets 100% double shot while the other(s) get 0%. It should go off on the first round of every reload rather than being cut in half (inquis) or in thirds (repeater) for all rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If they want to incentivize button activation bursts and such (and it sure seems like they do) then double shot penalties should have been coded where the first shot in each volley gets 100% double shot while the other(s) get 0%. It should go off on the first round of every reload rather than being cut in half (inquis) or in thirds (repeater) for all rounds.
    It’s really here nor there

It’s still a nerf just by a different measure

When repeaters didn’t get the 1/3 penalty they felt more balanced

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

your choice, your problem.

your choice, your problem.

No idea how PM even made it in there.

Community Member

Soooo about the last paragraph... you literally said in the first paragraph that it's a linear dps multiplier. If this is the case, then removing doubleshot penalties from a weapon type would cause it to do more damage, meaning that if it is balanced now then it could potentially not be balanced without the penalty since not all weapon types take equal penalties and not all weapon types do the same dps. If something is overpowered with full doubleshot, reducing its doubleshot reduces its damage and ergo reduces the overpoweredness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutti View Post
    Soooo about the last paragraph... you literally said in the first paragraph that it's a linear dps multiplier. If this is the case, then removing doubleshot penalties from a weapon type would cause it to do more damage, meaning that if it is balanced now then it could potentially not be balanced without the penalty since not all weapon types take equal penalties and not all weapon types do the same dps. If something is overpowered with full doubleshot, reducing its doubleshot reduces its damage and ergo reduces the overpoweredness of it.
    Ok but the doubleshot penalty is for example highest on repeater that’s not currently balanced with other ranged styles or is it overpowered not at all in epics or legendary

Repeater is op at lvl 1 maybe but that’s not because of doubleshot

I think that avoiding using dual shooters enhancement because of the penalty makes it fairly obvious that the penalty is not correct

So much of ranged gameplay is based on doubleshot items, set bonuses, feats, epic past life toggles, enhancements, action boosts

All nerfed by equipping weapons that reduces double shot
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 09-15-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Ok but the doubleshot penalty is for example highest on repeater that’s not currently balanced with other ranged styles or is it overpowered not at all in epics or legendary

Repeater is op at lvl 1 maybe but that’s not because of doubleshot

I think that avoiding using dual shooters enhancement because of the penalty makes it fairly obvious that the penalty is not correct

So much of ranged gameplay is based on doubleshot items, set bonuses, feats, epic past life toggles, enhancements, action boosts

All nerfed by equipping weapons that reduces double shot
    My point wasn't whether a particular thing (e.g. repeaters) is OP or not, but to dispute his claim that removing doubleshot penalties or adding them couldn't change how balanced a style is especially relative to other styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutti View Post
    My point wasn't whether a particular thing (e.g. repeaters) is OP or not, but to dispute his claim that removing doubleshot penalties or adding them couldn't change how balanced a style is especially relative to other styles.
    Yes like how adding doubleshot penalty to repeaters has made them underwhelming compared to other weapons

Epic Storm is primetime for this reason and I ran it recently as single HXB with NHB. DPS was great as crit multi is x3 base and x4 with Inq tree. Also base damage is d12 on it too, so that's better. I'm still waiting to see what the legendary Storm has, but as folks have stated, the crit multi is going away i think. Rapid reload give HXB the highest reload alacrity also at 65% compared to 50% for GXB. Less for dual shooting etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

At least for the next 2 days. Huehuehue.

I posted this 1.5 years ago, but people didn't seem to get it. Heh. Steelstar seemed to have gotten it though, which is why he deleted action hero.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 11-01-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast