Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default King Bendix in Cabal just crazy regen

So I took my lvl 15 Monk/Ftr into Cabal elite with a cleric hire to solo after soloin the other GH side quests on elite as well. I breezed through the entire map with no diff until I got to the final battle. Took out the entire room and was left standing toe to toe with King Bendix. HIS REGEN IS WAY WAY OVERPOWERED and coupled with his DR (which i couldnt figure out what it was) I couldnt take him down. Fought him for 10 mins straight until my hire ran outa mana. I landed very few touch of death on him for full value. IS this really what was intended? Just ridiculous. I know, blah blah blah the difficulty is challenging for a group and all, but compared to the other GH quests and enemies, Bendix is way OP!

BTW nicely geared up monk TR build with 510 hp's at lvl 15 with all kinds of mad wraps. Just couldnt beat his regen.

Anyone can post what his DR is? Maybe its bludgeon cuz seemed like whatever I tried didnt break it.
    Thelanis: Vioxxx. Ravyn. Sykotik. Fuggly. Malefic. Blackndecker. Alchemyst. Twotone. Devient. Xeric. Alterboi. Taiping. Pickit. Arcanjel, et al.

Its not how you play the game but if you're gonna play the game to win!

Hes a tough guy.

He is Part Conan the Barbarian and has two back up healers that do a great job for AI being what it is. These DM (computer) guided Healers heal him like real players would.

Fighting him, solo, on Elite is tough and fun!
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

To answer your question, yes this was intended to be that difficult. You went in alone on elite, as you said. Grab a group and he's a push over.

Well, you are saying you are running the quest on a dark monk, which is the absolute easiest class pre combo to defeat any high self healing mob.

Did you spam your dark dark dark finisher? That finisher curse reduces incoming healing.
    Are you for some reason having trouble getting the finisher to land? Then you need to be rotating improved sunder into your attack routine for the for save debuff to allow your finishers to land.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    Well, you are saying you are running the quest on a dark monk, which is the absolute easiest class pre combo to defeat any high self healing mob.

Did you spam your dark dark dark finisher? That finisher curse reduces incoming healing.
    Are you for some reason having trouble getting the finisher to land? Then you need to be rotating improved sunder into your attack routine for the for save debuff to allow your finishers to land.
    This.

also, self healing mobs usually wait until they are down to about 20% before healing, so save your burst dps for when they are down to around 25-30%. then hit fighter haste boost (I assume you have this since you have fighter levels) and ToD.

And make sure you kill all the trash first.

About a month ago myself, on a dps challenged spellsinger, a cleric, and a monk attempted this on elite. We tried for about a half hour and we just couldn't kill the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    About a month ago myself, on a dps challenged spellsinger, a cleric, and a monk attempted this on elite. We tried for about a half hour and we just couldn't kill the guy.
    As was mentioned, kill the trash first, particularly healers. Then gradually work him down to about 25%. Then drop your bombs. This is a tougher fight. He generally needs to be the last mob to die, otherwise it can go sideways easily.
    Archangels - Thelanis

Kyrian - Dellek - Devestia - Harleaiquin - Nakano - Narizue - Xandek

Quote Originally Posted by narizue View Post
    As was mentioned, kill the trash first, particularly healers. Then gradually work him down to about 25%. Then drop your bombs. This is a tougher fight. He generally needs to be the last mob to die, otherwise it can go sideways easily.
    He was the only one left. His annoying habit of dropping blade barriers and then walking out of them made it tougher. As i recall we never got him below half hp. We didn't have any boimbs.

He was the only one left. His annoying habit of dropping blade barriers and then walking out of them made it tougher. As i recall we never got him below half hp. We didn't have any boimbs.
    With 3 people, I would suggest trying to herd him and then 3 point block him in to prevent moving. Once that is done, all three players should be inside of a clerics radiant aura, which will mitigate alot of the damage(also healing curse if the monk is lightside, otherwise the dark monk should certainly have a bomb to drop), then melee from the monk+bard song+divine punishment+cometfall should get the job done. I was in there not that long ago with a similar group and that was what we did.

Mileage on my suggested approach, will however vary.
    Archangels - Thelanis

on my helf monk life at lvl 15 life #4 soloed leet the boss alone took 1minute so i dont know how its OP just spam TOD and dark dark dark finisher
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    **** you forum folk...**** you all!!

With 3 people, I would suggest trying to herd him and then 3 point block him in to prevent moving. Once that is done, all three players should be inside of a clerics radiant aura, which will mitigate alot of the damage(also healing curse if the monk is lightside, otherwise the dark monk should certainly have a bomb to drop), then melee from the monk+bard song+divine punishment+cometfall should get the job done. I was in there not that long ago with a similar group and that was what we did.

Mileage on my suggested approach, will however vary.
    I've never played a monk, so i don't know much about their abilities. The person playing the monk was a new player, a kid, who had just bought Gianthold, and it was his first time in there. The cleric was a tr, who actually burned through several major pots dropping blade barriers, etc. A vet who said he had soloed this quest many times. He said he could never get a 3 stack of dp on the boss, before he got killed. As for me, my spellsinger is entirely caster focused, and of course bard spells are useless on red names. We just didn't have the juice.

Community Member

As was mentioned, kill the trash first, particularly healers.
    Actually you don't want to kill all the non-healer trash. Leave one alive, and damage it down to 20% occasionally. Bendix will waste some of his heal spells on the other monster.

Quote Originally Posted by njneer75
    Anyone can post what his DR is?
    On Elite King Bendix should have DR 15/Slashing. This hampers monks as slashing is not a common damage type for them to use.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

I've never played a monk, so i don't know much about their abilities. The person playing the monk was a new player, a kid, who had just bought Gianthold, and it was his first time in there. The cleric was a tr, who actually burned through several major pots dropping blade barriers, etc. A vet who said he had soloed this quest many times. He said he could never get a 3 stack of dp on the boss, before he got killed. As for me, my spellsinger is entirely caster focused, and of course bard spells are useless on red names. We just didn't have the juice.
    Hmmm... Only other thought I would have, if you ever find yourself back in deep against Bendik would be to do exactly the opposite of that I suggested, and pretty much charm every mob you see from the locked door forward, and turn them lose on Bendik. That is what I use to do with my bard and wiz when I soloed that quest, but that approach is 3 literally years old.

As to the cleric, likely he was a victim of dungeon scaling. Mobs are much easier in my experience with only 1 character in the dungeon.
    Archangels - Thelanis

Default I didnt try the dark dark dark finisher. good call

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post

I seemed to have no trouble landing my touch of death but it had significant reduced effect. couple of times I saw 50-70 instead of 500.
    Thelanis: Vioxxx. Ravyn. Sykotik. Fuggly. Malefic. Blackndecker. Alchemyst. Twotone. Devient. Xeric. Alterboi. Taiping. Pickit. Arcanjel, et al.

Default Thx, i didnt think about the DDD finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    on my helf monk life at lvl 15 life #4 soloed leet the boss alone took 1minute so i dont know how its OP just spam TOD and dark dark dark finisher
    Did you see reduced damage numbers from TOD at all? I did. My TOD landed every time but frequently i saw only 50-70 damage. Does his DR factor into the TOD if he hasnt been sundered or cursed? thx

Fixed version of post:

I know, blah blah the difficulty is MEANT to be challenging for a group and all, but compared to the other GH quests and enemies, Bendix is perfectly scaled, where as all other GH Elite boses are WAY UNDERPOWERED!

The fact a low dps monk could solo the rest of the GH elites is a huge problem and an issue created by the age of these quests. They really need to rescale them more correctly for groups, so thanks for bringing that to turbines attentions. Perhaps they will rescale the rest up on heroic elite when they do the epic pass.

They are all a joke on elite for any decent group. The only real challenge is brought in by some of the traps, and thats not how it should be, the end bosses on elite should always be a good challenge.

ALL CAPS:
    ELITE IS NOT MEANT TO BE SOLOABLE.
    Last edited by Shade; 09-16-2012 at 04:56 AM.

What Shade said (wince ).

Cry for help boss=joke
    Trial by fire entire quest=joke
    Feast or famine=joke
    Maze=joke

etc etc. Even the flagger bosses are pretty wimpy.

The self healing actually makes it a nice challenge...not any old build can waltz in there and destroy the boss like the others....

Hero

It's tough if you're a melee, if you don't have evasion especially. Tough solo for any build that doesn't have a lot of burst dps really. You really need to be able to take him from about 50% health to zero in less than 6 seconds or he just heals again.

Did it solo on elite on a sorcerer TR last night, fight was over in 15 seconds at most. 1 delayed blast fire ball to clear the trash, 1 wall of fire (not even needed, I thought the fight would be longer), 2 more DBF and it was over. The traps in Cabal are more dangerous for a sorcerer than the end fight.

I soloed it on a 1st life dark monk just fine about three weeks ago. I don't see the problem. Perhaps you need to turn on power attack?
    I am a lost wandering soul

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999
    Can the monkies who program this game get anything write?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast