Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Raid Handwraps (image)

Pulled these today. Seems alright, I guess. 2d6 to 4d6 depending on enemy alignment, reinforced fists for warforged. Doublestrike is always nice.

Apparently, they require three raid commendations to upgrade. But, Caught in the Web is, by far, the least fun thing to do in DDO at the moment. New changes are just rage inducing. Won't be seeing those anytime soon...

WHAT??? iv waited months for wraps from the new raid and thats it?????? for gods sake grave wrappings are better then that
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    **** you forum folk...**** you all!!

Community Member KyrzaBladedancer's Avatar

Wow these wraps are worse than most random gen at that level, at the very very least they need large damage/low chance proc, an additional on hit damage effect, and a secondary effect. I mean, almost every alchemical combo is better than these and the Grave Wrappings and Ivy Wraps most surely are.

Jyrja, Ploratus, Alcedon, Kyrzi, Lilayn, Jaidynn, Morsus

Life is not fair, get over it now.

theyre not that bad as it's a source of reinforced fists for warforged.

speaking of the raid though, 18 runs now without pulling a commendation myself (though got 2 passed to me out of pity), so getting 3 commendations to upgrade mediocre wraps is a no-go
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

Complete BS that only the handwraps require 3 heroic commendations to become part of planar conflux set.

EVERY other weapon from this raid has no commendation requirement.

What are the wraps base damage and crit range?
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Same, since wraps dont change that(only if it had an effect that would to that), they are enchantments for the fists only

Zess
    Darkzess - Sturdycaster (Retired Wiz) - Stormfists - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

The Hatchery

I don't think handwraps have ever increased crit profile.

Either way, these handwraps could use a low-proc/high-damage effect. To keep with the theme, maybe make a clone of Greater Incineration, but with aligned damage.

Of course someone could actually run the numbers and show that these are good wraps. A lot of people think all the weapons are junk, but some are very impressive.

As far as I can tell, they're the same dice and crit profile as any other AML20 handwraps. I do believe they break alignment based DR though.

So these are basicly epic +7 wraps of stunning +10 with +1d6 untyped damage and animal bane?
    Last edited by captain1z; 08-20-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added epic
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Die step freeing up another item slot , stun 10 , 2-4d6 general all purpose damage, +7
    With double strike 6.
    I think they are all purpose wear all the time till you get to the tough stuff wraps.

-----
    On a side note I still think way too many people underestimate just how good doublestrike is.
    ===========

Personally I'd love to see vampirisim or I'd even take lesser vamp to round them out as general purpose beaters.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Community Member

Wow, well...hey, one less raid to grind.

Hero

Why are trash beater handwraps the reward for a raid!? CitW is so not worth running for these. At the very least they should have +15 Stunning or something that sets them apart from Grave Wrappings.
    Last edited by Carpone; 08-20-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by captain1z View Post
    So these are basicly epic +7 wraps of stunning +10 with +1d6 untyped damage and animal bane?
    Antipodal does at least 2d6 damage on all enemies.

Against enemies whose alignment has at least on neutral component (Neutral Evil, Chaotic Neutral, etc), it will do 3d6.

Against enemies who are True Neutral (almost exclusively vermin and animals), it will do 4d6.

Given the numerous other useless items from this raid, I wouldn't have expected any more out of the handwraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    Given the numerous other useless items from this raid, I wouldn't have expected any more out of the handwraps.
    This, everything about that raid is bad. Thankfully that also means we have no reason to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Against enemies who are True Neutral (almost exclusively vermin and animals), it will do 4d6.
    Except for all the elementals in the game
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

These need a meaningful boost. They are undoubtedly mediocre.

They feel like:
    - Holy of Stun 10
    - Tier 1 alchemical wraps (Shocking Burst, Stun 10)

They are worse than:
    - Tier 2 alchemical wraps (which gives doublestrike and adds lit strike)
    - Tier 3 alchemical wraps
    - Grave Wrappings
    - Random wraps

Something like a lit strike or disintegration effect would be good... or any sort of burst effect.
    Last edited by Fafnir; 08-20-2012 at 10:32 PM.

1) Why wasn't this addition ever announced, shame on Turbine for again making undocumented changes.

2) When comparing them, you have to remember these unlock the Planar Conflux modifiers, and as the only weapon which does so you sort of have to compare these plus a trinket to something else plus another trinket.

For example, these plus planar prowess trinket are pretty close to epic greater everything bane wraps with stun and doublestrike on top (assuming your str rounds up, 2W+12, with 2d6 to 4d6 vs anything... close to 2W+10+3d6 plain epic greater banes).

That said, comparing them to something like ML24 Ivy Handwraps also added this patch and a Litany (assuming you adjust your str rounds makes the total something like 2W+9+3d8 with an ae proc extra)... which is pretty parallel to the raid ones.

Grated, the raid ones have more attack (meh) and free up slotting doublestrike/stun elsewhere (except youll still likely have swaps for when you change wraps), but they're barely on the radar. Not quite as bad as they look, but requiring 3 Commendations is rather horrible... Really I see nothing to justify such a farm over other items which compare. Its less "better" and more just "you'll need to swap weapons less".

I guess thats some kind of appeal but considering how bugged the raid is, the effort involved not only getting the drop but getting 3 commendations is way out of line relative to the effort it takes to just craft 2W greater bane wraps. Which, assuming you use a 2d6 prefix, give the raid ones a run for their money (at 2W+9+5d6 total, available at will) ... could use some fixing turbine (. Monks: doing 4x the farming to reclaim inventory space apparently.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyrzaBladedancer View Post
    Wow these wraps are worse than most random gen at that level, at the very very least they need large damage/low chance proc, an additional on hit damage effect, and a secondary effect.
    Look! It's DDO following Diablo 3's loot model!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast