Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member HowlingVoyager's Avatar

Great post, OP! Especially the map, for me that was an eye-opener. All that territory still to be explored in-game. Thanks!

Smile A cracking read

Awesome stuff. I constantly moan to my gaming pals who skip through dialogue while I'm trying to work out what's going on! Keep it coming!
    Anyone who thinks that something can be 'foolproof' seriously underestimates the ingenuity of fools.....

This is probably the best thread I've seen in the DDO forums to date.
    +1, OP.

More please?!?!?!?!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Excellent background story!

I admit, I could piece together a little of it with as long as I've played, but now I'm looking at what I'm playing in more than a character-centric sense.

Great thread! Actually interesting to read.

It's a shame threads like these get buried because of the pointless drama threads and petty bickering over loot rules, who should carry what spells, how other people should play/behave, etc etc.

Community Member

I concur with the above posters saying this is a fascinating thread. It's still a work in progress, but I suggest it be placed in the Hall of Fame forum.

Oh man, this has been a while.

It's been a pretty busy year (My last edit was September), and due to RL stuff I've been focusing less on DDO as a whole. When I do get free time on the computer, I usually prefer playing DDO to writing (the last big chunk was done when I was doing my volunteer stuff in Peru, with internet access but no DDO), so I apologize for not having finished this eons ago.

Once Summer hits, I'll see what more I can do. I'll probably be spending a healthy chunk of it doing more volunteer stuff, but it's still unclear whether or not that'll be better or worse for the odds of me actually getting more of this done (depends on what I end up doing and where).

So feel free to let this get covered up again, it'll be a while before stuff happens :P

Edit: also, hopefully, I'll put some more work into formatting when I get back around to this. I'd forgotten how painful it was looking through this.
    Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

Great thread.

Bladedge started on a quest arc timeline where he groups the quests by how they intertwine. It might be a great resource for you as you continue this thread.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=366627
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Great thread.

Bladedge started on a quest arc timeline where he groups the quests by how they intertwine. It might be a great resource for you as you continue this thread.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=366627
    Yeah. I just wish that was there back when I was starting this thing :P

So, apparently this has been placed in the Hall of Fame. I now feel infinitely more guilty for having left it unfinished so long. If this was a motivational ploy, it will probably work.
    Fear the Koala.

Community Member themoonbreaker's Avatar

This has been very helpful with the story project in my sig. Thanks for putting it together.
    The Moon Breaker A DDO Novel Series. Online or epub versions

What are zombies doing locked in deposit boxes at Lordsmarch Bank? Find out in Stormreach Syndicate

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by themoonbreaker View Post
    This has been very helpful with the story project in my sig. Thanks for putting it together.
    Sounds like an interesting project. I wish you the best of luck and I'll try to keep an eye on it.

Great!!! but now our dear Turbine forget the Eberron setting to center in Forgotten Realms. Great job, translating it to Spanish for my website for my readers. Keep the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by amylee4000 View Post
    Great!!! but now our dear Turbine forget the Eberron setting to center in Forgotten Realms. Great job, translating it to Spanish for my website for my readers. Keep the good work.
    I speak spanish, if you want help help with that. You'd probably need to proofread though.
    Fear the Koala.

Thanks, but no worries

Default The Map...

Wow! I never thought that this much of Xen'drik was unreachable! I want to explore it!

Turbine, please give your fans ALL of Xen'drik...

By the Host! Dar Qat is down there? On the southwest side of Xen'drik?

By the way, amazing job on the lore gathering!
    Last edited by bennyson; 11-14-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by yawumpus View Post
    Yeah, that Gygax guy couldn't come up with an RPG that was just like everyone elses'...

[note, I suspect that almost all Greyhawk material was created after he was forced out. I have the original setting, but it is little more than a huge map with small hints as to what each nation is.

Forgotten Realms may be TSR's idea of post-Gygax generic fantasy (and ever so useful to any DM addicted to NPC-ex-machina), but Greyhawk is something else.
    Hmmm. Maybe its time to dig out my Greyhawk and Blackmoor original pamphlets (reprints) and see how boring they are...

More?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Default History of DDO

Quote Originally Posted by Xenostrata View Post
    Note: Some of the plot I explain here was received through the use of extrapolation, hints, and guesswork, and so should be taken with a grain of salt. Most of it, however, isn't, particularly the section on the history of Eberron. Enjoy!
    Necro bump. What a wonderful resource. This is great!
    Character Compendium

Default Bump! *and long over due!*

Wonderful original posting, and ditto the discussion/commentary that follows. For amateur writers and Role Players, this is an invaluable resource. Thank you!

-Sam
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares, will plow for those who do not!

Quote Originally Posted by Fricko View Post
    Wonderful original posting, and ditto the discussion/commentary that follows. For amateur writers and Role Players, this is an invaluable resource. Thank you!

-Sam
    Nice bump. I haven't seen this thread in a long while. It is one of my favorites.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123