Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink two favoured souls exclusively on the tod tank and still he died, multiple times.

he even died 10 seconds in, but we still managed to save, then when we had suulo down to 10% he died again, bard raised and healed him, he died again, most of us, died or high tailed it outa there. I was watching them, they where casting mass heals on him, and waiting till he was at 20% before throwing a heal, then after they blamed each other, i think they whre both right in this case :P.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    he even died 10 seconds in, but we still managed to save, then when we had suulo down to 10% he died again, bard raised and healed him, he died again, most of us, died or high tailed it outa there. I was watching them, they where casting mass heals on him, and waiting till he was at 20% before throwing a heal, then after they blamed each other, i think they whre both right in this case :P.

why did you have two on him it should only take one and then you would not of had confusion
    foREVer

Quote Originally Posted by unknownturok View Post
    why did you have two on him it should only take one and then you would not of had confusion
    I wasnt leading, I think it was because the leader likes to have insurance, in case something happens to one healer, dc's, stun, im not sure.

I wasnt leading, I think it was because the leader likes to have insurance, in case something happens to one healer, dc's, stun, im not sure.

hmmmmmm it seems like it did not work
    foREVer

I have solo heal'd that raid. sure their were some Lord of Blades in party tossing random heals, but seriously that is a 1 person Job.

Note: come U9 I will kite the trash, and kill sulu no heals for you FvS ftw

Were you using a 6 con drow wizard as maintank?
    Captain's Crew: (TR) Dingalbarian - Horc Barb20 - THF, Dingaladin - Human 18/2 Paladin/Monk - TWF, Lamepolicy - Squishy Drow - Wiz20 Archmage

Seriously how does that even happen? I guess if you're in on elite it could go south but on norm or hard with 2 healers that's insane. I've stayed up with nothing but silver flame pots while healers were stunned or dead before.
    Captain's Crew: (TR) Dingalbarian - Horc Barb20 - THF, Dingaladin - Human 18/2 Paladin/Monk - TWF, Lamepolicy - Squishy Drow - Wiz20 Archmage

Quote Originally Posted by unknownturok View Post
    You don't PUG ToD much do you?

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    I agree, that there's more to it than a flippant "I can solo heal it. I am leet. U suxxors".

What difficulty? How many HP on the main tank? Healing amp? AC?

It sounds like these two FvS are getting hammered when it may or may not have been their fault. (Note, I'm not saying they are for sure innocent, but we need more information before we string them up.)

If you are u running on elite with less than 550 HP, for example, badges and a failed disintegrate save is a rough combo.

I will say I can't see why they would be casting mass heal. The standard for healing the main tank that I use is Heal scrolls only if I have a partner helping heal or throwing in a Cure Serious Wounds periodically as needed when healing solo on Horoth tank. Might throw out a full Heal if needed, but Mass Heal makes no sense. You are only healing 1 target.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Community Member

It's because you used Favoured Souls.

Get a real healer; either a Cleric, Bard or Rogue with scrolls. All superior to a favoured soul healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmnqwk View Post
    It's because you used Favoured Souls.

Get a real healer; either a Cleric, Bard or Rogue with scrolls. All superior to a favoured soul healing.
    lol.

Community Member

a low ac low healing amp tank can be a pain to heal solo. you need to throw in single cures more often than not to overcome cooldown of heal and scroll.

massheal is never an option for solo-healing the horoth tank. when you got 2 healers you can let one of em use massheal when its availlable.

if you have a high ac, high hp, high healing amp tank you can solo scrollheal even on elite.
    Thelanis - Inferus Sus
    Keeper Refugee - Exclusively playing Warforged
    Nursing IsFutile (FvS) - Unorthodox Behaviour (Kensai) - Bigbofo (Warchanter) - Nukelear Blast (Sorc) - Jurugu Fleshbane (currently TRing) - Reviving IsCheaper (Radiant Blaster)

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    we even had a light monk keeping the favoured souls from being stunned they where that bad, the tank still died and this was a barb with 800+ hp, we reformed didnt take those 2 again and completed the next one no troubles really fast.

And it was normal, and after the first time he died while he was tanking horoth i saw his hp bar go down, and down and down, and I had to say guys heal him for fs!!!! before they even did anything.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 04-11-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Sounds like it could have been a communication issue. But your mention of them casting mass heal on the tank speaks to a problem with the tank's ability to be healed. In pugland it's not unusual to have someone boasting about their 1000+ hp, and neglecting to mention lack of healing amp. Or worse, the taking of the improved fortification feat. Both of which I've seen to date more than I would care to.

I recall the very last TOD I ran on one of my divines on such a tank before I started speaking up. Heal scrolls hit him for around 60pts. To keep the guy up as long as I could; it took a spastic cycling of scroll/heal spell/capstone/mcl/mcm/scroll/mcc/mass heal. 2800 spell points don't go far enough to keep someone like that up through part 3. This is not counting the folks who didn't watch their positioning and needed heals as well. And the poor duo taking heavy damage from the Orthons. It was a pot use nightmare (12) to completion.

Since that particular raid, where the leader insisted that that tank was 'top notch' despite my protestations... I am rather vocal. If someone has themselves in a position to be difficult to heal and wants to tank, that would be a negative. Bottom line is my pot use should not equal your completions. Moreso true with the fact that people don't bother to consider replacing any of what you used.

Newer players entering that raid need instruction. I've found that the number one contributor to a failed run has been a silent leader. Number two has been arguing or ignoring your divines/arcanes/support. Listening and adapting to the situation in a pug stands out in that raid. Those who don't have expensive completions/lack of completions. Those that are active in leading never fail. It's good to know who those guys are on Khyber.

we even had a light monk keeping the favoured souls from being stunned they where that bad, the tank still died and this was a barb with 800+ hp, we reformed didnt take those 2 again and completed the next one no troubles really fast.

And it was normal, and after the first time he died while he was tanking horoth i saw his hp bar go down, and down and down, and I had to say guys heal him for fs!!!! before they even did anything.
    That's an interesting tidbit there.

Does indeed sound like the problem was with the healing. Did the leader ask if they were new?

Why wasn't the tank replaced after his first death?
    Lack of proper buffs along with death penalties do not improve the odds.
    Osmand d'Medani, Stonebearer Eric, Wardreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    Why wasn't the tank replaced after his first death?
    Lack of proper buffs along with death penalties do not improve the odds.
    he was someone else grabbed the aggro till his death penalties went away then, by then suulo jumped down.

I want it on the record that neither FvS was a HordoToon(TM). I don't even have a FvS flagged for ToD, and my cleric did not do a ToD this weekend because I run a guild raid train on Monday nights.

THUS, this intense gimpositude was NOT a result of Hordovization.

Just getting in front of this.

These were completely different gimps from me.

-Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    I want it on the record that neither FvS was a HordoToon(TM). I don't even have a FvS flagged for ToD, and my cleric did not do a ToD this weekend because I run a guild raid train on Monday nights.

THUS, this intense gimpositude was NOT a result of Hordovization.

Just getting in front of this.

These were completely different gimps from me.

And my FvS has never lost in a ToD either.

Without the facts, we can just speculate why they failed. Even a noob in ToD could just do a quickened heal alternating with heal scrolls and keep up an 800 HP tank.

If I were to guess, I think they were doing mass heals which takes a lot longer - even with quicken. From what was said, waiting to 20% before casting would mean the tank was down to 200 HPs before they started casting... not exactly smart move by either caster.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

maybe they where in it together to grief the tod run on purpose? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast