Default If you are gonna put up an Inferno LFM...

To the guy with the star:
    Either know it well, or be patient and willing to run around to get it done. And don't bail.

To the guy in the Helpers guild:
    If you are in a guild named "helpers" you probably shouldn't just leave without notice.

Ok so last night I join this Inferno LFM, and nobody knows it really well but we've all run it at least once. Thing go reasonably well with some running around but we're getting it done and manage to do everything except the last set of flames to light and put out and are having some trouble getting to the south living side room. I split off to try and find it, in the meantime the rest of the group finds the right room. At this point the caster (helpers guild) starts lighting the torches and brings the elemental, meanwhile the healer (star holder) announces he's out of mana and onto scrolls, (apparently none of them were heal scrolls).

Over voice chat I hear "kill the mobs before you light the torches" from the healer. Seconds later "ding", "ding", "ding", healer down, caster down, one of the melees down. I sit in silence. Caster drops group without a word, which then the star holder starts the fatal conversation that we can't complete without the caster. I remain silent because I have had enough of this guy's style anyway. He leaves, at which point I ask if everyone left still wants to struggle through. they do, and res out and come back it with a pocket cleric. We wander through, this time having more fun, get to the right room, elemental is up. We kill it. struggle to the other side and grab a wind mephit (took two actually, I killed the first one by accident), dragged it over to the torches and blew them out. no caster needed. We finished and got our sigil pieces. Didn't get the extra chest but we where happy none the less.

Moral of the story: well there isn't really a moral, I just want those two A$$hats to know we finished without them just fine. T

Community Member

HA!!!

Open up folding chair… grab cooler of beer… “Hey who has the popcorn”

Ok I’m ready…

“LETS GET IT ON!!!”

Ya, I love the mephit trick.

I actually love that quest... course is ashame some get frustrated by it. Is one of those move it or lose it type quests. I remember back when orchard was new Felice was farming it in ten minute runs.

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Inferno is one I can do blindfolded, but it can really be a frustrating ride...the problem with folks nowadays is that they don't have the chutzpah to finish what they started.

+1 Flatware!

Funny how the quest becomes easier after the quitters leave, and it's not just due to Dungeon Scaling. You all know what I'm talking about.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

I actually love that quest... course is ashame some get frustrated by it. Is one of those move it or lose it type quests. I remember back when orchard was new Felice was farming it in ten minute runs.

33 runs to get a frame . if everything goes right, you can get through it in 15ish with the shield chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    Inferno is one I can PIKE blindfolded, but it can really be a frustrating ride...the problem with folks nowadays is that they don't have the chutzpah to finish what they started.

+1 Flatware!
    Fixed that for ya!

Yeah, I always depend on someone else to run around so I follow, but I know what to do (don't waste resources killing someone that will just appear on the other side). It is funny how many people will kill all mephits at a portal before destroying the portal.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    Inferno is one I can do blindfolded, but it can really be a frustrating ride...the problem with folks nowadays is that they don't have the chutzpah to finish what they started.

+1 Flatware!
    You can probably do it with both arms and legs tied behind your back as well. You don't need those, or your eyes, when someone is carrying around your soulstone!
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

ahh yes, inferno.

this is another of the quests wher i do it once, and then suddenly i'm party leader showing everyone the correct way to go to get completion.

i swear one of these days someone is going to give me the title "tour guide of DDO" : /
    Shortling (20 rogue) wither others leveling. "One Dwarf Army"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthesponge View Post
    well a clown getting violated by a rabid duck may be sillier, but not by much.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Inferno is one of many quest that frustrate me.......not the quests....the players in them.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

The main frustration I have had in inferno is when someone is using a walkthrough and something goes wrong...had a guy insist on starting over because someone killed an acolyte and then died in the shrine room on far side. The leader would not accept that it was possible to get to the otherside without that acolyte being present.
    Lava Diving Free Companion
    Boliard Orland Bace Falion Racas Gimak Augite Bitterpill Lutav Fanion BellJar Anoni Debussy