Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Endless Epic post(s)~no takers~

So yesterday a certain some one was posting for Epic runs all day, all night.

i logged on and off multiple times, i was stunned after coming back to see this person still posting.

No takers mind you.

I would think you would get the picture, that after you pulled a multitude of experienced players into pure disaster that you would go back to the drawing board and try to spring different traps.

Alas the only Epic accomplishment you had all day and night was - Epic Fail-

Word of advice, try learning how to play first, take advice, dont spam lightning on Epic after not fully buffing the party until your SP is gone and then running all over like a chicken with your head cut off.

So where do you go from here, start from square one, run lesser content until you have the right gear, when you have all of that down and have been fully tutored and accepted the advice of veteran players, try joining a few epic groups and obey all of the instructions, then after earning a little respect, post for a group that you actually know how to lead.

Thank god i have never had the misfortune of being burned by your ineptitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.
    Master of the Tower
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=203205

But if he doesn't put up an LFM he won't be able to ask the clerics for GH!!!

Seriously, this guy is either thick as a city block, or has the patience of a century's saints! Too bad neither will help him in either getting better or garnering some respect.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

I am not on your server...

But I have seen similar things on Ghallanda. Baisically a player with a reputation for being poorly geared/played puts up an LFM and wonders why no one joins.

EPIC is an extreme example of this. I have a Barb buddy that I tend to do Epic with because I KNOW he does not let people who can not carry their weight.

Epic can turn into a great big waste of time/resources if in a bad group.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

2014 DDO Players Council

I'm making some characters on this server.....I'm not allowed Drama here

I would kill to run with people like this...I need a good laugh
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

I'm sorry

I'll try to do better next time.
    /TELL Tackilack ~ Tackalack ~ Taq ~ Heartattack ~ Scrooge

Haha, my guildie ran an epic VoN3 with this guy once, when i logged in i was astonished to see he actually joined his lfm.. Completions time : 3 hours!

Heh last night when we ran VoN 3 with the guild, the completion time was 40 min, and the guy who was in the 3 hour run said "Wow, we could have tacked on another 2 hours to that."

On one day, it was about 10:00, i saw he had an lfm up for VoN 1-4, i logged right after that, and didn't come back til around 5:00, and i was surprised to see he was just starting VoN4.. Whether he did something else in the mean time, idk.. but i doubt it :P

But seriously, i see him posting Epic DQ1-2, VoN 1-4 ect.. and i just /facepalm

"I'm blind man! I'm blind!"
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post

Send me a PM, I can give you a few names for a good start into your newb-diving.

On Sarlona we have not one, but two different toons that does exactly that - posts up Epic or raid LFMs, and no one joins. Both toons share a common trait (at least on MyDDO) - holds extremely suboptimal weapons, 0 or 25% fort, low HP and does not fill up his jewelery and clothing slots. Rumors are abound that they're both the same person though.
    Last edited by asphodeli; 06-24-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    - I've been to so many raids, but I wouldn't call myself a vet, since I have yet to try out different strategies, tactics and classes in raids.
    - Main in sig, alts: Frostiee, Aliciae, Amandae

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post

I'm with ya there... I seek out adventures like this not only for the humor, but because I enjoy the challenge.

Soloing quests is easy. Dragging someone through a quest can be a real challenge.

Default hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    Send me a PM, I can give you a few names for a good start into your newb-diving.

What names are you going to give him? Slinqie, Slinky, Teresi, etc?

Bahaha.

Salomane-Drsally-Dewd-Salvane-Salitoni-Saliste
    "Don't Get Any On Ya'!"
    Guild: Prophets Of The New Republic

Community Member CardaddictedSean's Avatar

Ya the said player is horrible! I joined one of his ToD runs and he had to have someone walk him to the tunnel. After being walked to the tunnel he says wrong thing and gets ported back to amarath. He then trys to blame it all on the guy kind enough to walk him there and shortly after the group which took 20 mins to fill disbands.

He has no respect for other players and no knowledge base of the quests DNP material as far as i'm concerned

The really sad thing about this thread is that usually, when one of these comes up there are a bunch of posts for "PM me the name plz".

With this one, not a single request. Everybody already knows who we are talking about. No need to even post a whited out screenshot.

That is Epic level infamy right there.

Default Just so he doesn't feel bad ...

Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    The really sad thing about this thread is that usually, when one of these comes up there are a bunch of posts for "PM me the name plz".

With this one, not a single request. Everybody already knows who we are talking about. No need to even post a whited out screenshot.

Please PM me the name please ...

Default Um ...

You guys aren't talking about me are you ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Harncw View Post
    I'm sorry

I'll try to do better next time.
    LOL, the only thing you are notorious for is indulging your guilty pleasure, letting me die when i think you have my back....Not to mention you are the BUFF GRINCH!!
    By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.
    Master of the Tower

Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post

I'm not sure which is sadder, actually: that we all know who this is basically automatically, or that this guy was able to get to cap at all (TWICE!) with this reputation. Probably the strongest argument available for claiming that DDO is too easy.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I'm not sure which is sadder, actually: that we all know who this is basically automatically, or that this guy was able to get to cap at all (TWICE!) with this reputation. Probably the strongest argument available for claiming that DDO is too easy.
    Actually there are two setting in DDO, way easy, and much more difficult...

I think some think because they have made level 20 on the way easy setting they some how auto qualify for the much more difficult stuff (Epic DQ)...

LOL, good luck with that.
    Master of the Tower

I guessed the person incorrectly.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I guessed the person incorrectly.
    You did I confirmed the person i told you was correct.
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast