Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alchemist?

Default Alchemist?

Seems like we should be seeing Alchemist news soon. Has anyone heard anything recently?

Happy gaming,
    Taleisin

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Seems like we should be seeing Alchemist news soon. Has anyone heard anything recently?

Happy gaming,
    Taleisin
    the only news I've seen is that it will be the next class and coming out in U44, so probably not for another few months
    ps they throw bottles

Community Member

They did publish some concept art for the class...

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    They did publish some concept art for the class...
    This is pretty accurate.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

We haven't heard anything since that short interview with Draculetta. A basic rundown of what we currently know:

- Support caster with 3 trees: some sort of bombardier (throwing alchemical grenades or explosion-based spells?), a poison-based tree (probably a dps-oriented tree with darts as specialization), and a buff/support tree (healing, buff potions, etc is what I'm guessing). As long as we get a tree named apothecary, I'm happy.

- Over 90 new spells unique to alchemists with a complicated mixture/reaction system for casting them.

- Not your standard potion-chucker like artificer: there will be rolling potions on the ground, splashing them in front of you, etc.

- They can mix their own, specialized potions to hand out to party members.

- They'll feature poison damage more so than other classes. They'll also feature the use of darts as weapons.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    We haven't heard anything since that short interview with Draculetta. A basic rundown of what we currently know:

- Support caster with 3 trees: some sort of bombardier (throwing alchemical grenades or explosion-based spells?), a poison-based tree (probably a dps-oriented tree with darts as specialization), and a buff/support tree (healing, buff potions, etc is what I'm guessing). As long as we get a tree named apothecary, I'm happy.

- Over 90 new spells unique to alchemists with a complicated mixture/reaction system for casting them.

- They can mix their own, specialized potions to hand out to party members.

- They'll feature poison damage more so than other classes. They'll also feature the use of darts as weapons.
    This is all still pretty accurate. Also, you're going to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    - Not your standard potion-chucker like artificer: there will be rolling potions on the ground, splashing them in front of you, etc.
    Thiiiiis one's more of a stretch goal in some regards, less than 100% of their spells involve throwing & even if we don't get things like rolling, we hope to make some adjustments to admixture throwing speed, arc, etc.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

I asked if they could have a pet dog named Alexander, but that was a no.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    So you're the one who parked the character name 'Nina' on all the servers...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Reminds me of the game "King's Bounty : Armored Princess" ... It had some kind of flask-throwing Alchemist, too ... Together with a "blubb" sound ...

Why not Anaximander, then ? Sounds at least similar ...
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 08-29-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

They should have a Homunculus named Opqaizqakkel.

https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com...928245506.jpeg

Default Tease

A definite tease by the devs....but I’ll wait to be happy! Looking forward to seeing information however!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

Thiiiiis one's more of a stretch goal in some regards, less than 100% of their spells involve throwing & even if we don't get things like rolling, we hope to make some adjustments to admixture throwing speed, arc, etc.

Gooood add another semicaster calss (Artificer 2.0) when melee are dying...

OP! (sarcasm)
    Leader of Radical Dreamers
    Character's:
    Kylerr Past life's 183/183 Reaper ap 170
    Artiemis Past life's 174/183 Reaper ap 117 , Nadzieja Past life's 61/174 Reaper ap 50

I was sold on the Dart usage, but the Potion Thrower style really attracted me to Renegade Mastermaker, and honestly I was probably the only Rogue still using Alchemical Fire on mobs for years.

*Imagines making Tornado pots to throw* Heh heh.. hehehehehehe!
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kuzka111 View Post
    Gooood add another semicaster calss (Artificer 2.0) when melee are dying...

OP! (sarcasm)
    What, you aren't excited for the inevitable AOE CC and kills that work on things nothing else does and has easily reached DC's?

Default Thank God...

...I didn't waste my time on ultimate completionist, triple completionist, or even plain old completionist.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in playing such a moronic class like Alchemist.

Throwing potions (bomb-like), throwing darts (as DPS no less!), and making buffing potions?

NFW!

I feel like Alchemist is a waste of Dev development time and Player playing time.
    Last edited by Arkat; 09-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Is there any sort of tentative release date for this? 1 month, 2 months, 3 months? Something a little more precise than "later this year"?

I want to do an iconic build that needs a +1 heart, but I want to play Alchemist right when it comes out. I will not be a happy camper if Alchemist is released a week after I burned a +1 heart. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like a little heads up on the release date.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 08-29-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    ...I didn't waste my time on ultimate completionist, triple completionist, or even plain old completionist.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in playing such a moronic class like Alchemist.

Throwing potions (bomb-like), throwing darts (as DPS no less!), and making buffing potions?

NFW!

I feel like Alchemist is waste of Dev development time and Player playing time.
    And that's why it will have to be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Is there any sort of tentative release date for this? 1 month, 2 months, 3 months? Something a little more precise than "later this year"?

I want to do an iconic build that needs a +1 heart, but I want to play Alchemist right when it comes out. I will not be a happy camper if Alchemist is released a week after I burned a +1 heart. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like a little heads up on the release date.
    You'll see it on Lamannia before it releases. Other than that (and that it's still planned for "later this year"), we don't have an announced release window.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

What is the exact dates on sharns, tieflings and alchemists just waiting to play again
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    What is the exact dates on sharns, tieflings and alchemists just waiting to play again
    Eh? Sharn and tiefling have been out for several months, mate. Alchemist is slotted for sometime later this year.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast