Community Member

Default When the devs going to address the rampant cheating?

Ever since Minor Artifacts were introduced, some people figured out a way to cheat using them. It's been years, and the devs have not fixed the bug that allows the cheating. There is no word of anyone getting banned or their sentient weapons and artifacts deleted for cheating as they should. Meanwhile, the cheating spreads. People openly post on the forum how to exploit this bug to cheat, and no action is taken, the posts are not deleted.

Honest players are at a distinct disadvantage versus the cheaters. We can't to the same damage, spell power, DCs, whatever that the cheaters can. And letting all these cheaters away with their continued cheating undermines the integrity of the game and the community.

You, the devs, clearly stated when Minor Artifacts were introduced that certain things are not supposed to happen. Please take immediate action to punish the cheaters in-game and remove details on how to cheat from the forums.

Or, if the devs have changed their mind about how Minor Artifacts are supposed to work, please clearly let us know that.

what exactly are you talking about?

since, according to you, its all over the forums anyway, linking or explaining it here as well shouldnt be a problem
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post

since, according to you, its all over the forums anyway, linking or explaining it here as well shouldnt be a problem
    Gonna go out on a limb and say they are referring to the use of the same filigree's on separate items. Which really there is no reason to punish players using this... Not exactly game breaking or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

If power is the only goal within the game ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

If the devs want to fix/change that you can currently fit the same filigree in both the minor artifact and the artifact they should do so.

But wanting to have players punished for doing so is ... a very odd stance to take and not one I feel inclined to endorse.

Besides, the game is choke full of things where the description does not match the fact, so its outright hard if not impossible to truly know whats what.

Play on, have fun, nothing really to see here
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

It's not the players' fault if the system isn't working as intended. If it were a major issue, they'd have fixed it already, but they've clearly decided it's not an urgent priority.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    Posting exploits is against the forum rules. Go troll someone else into violations; I'm not going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Which really there is no reason to punish players using this...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    wanting to have players punished for doing so is ... a very odd stance to take
    Wanting cheaters to be punished is not really an odd stance at all.

the game is choke full of things where the description does not match the fact, so its outright hard if not impossible to truly know whats what.
    There are some unclear issues in DDO where what is intended isn't obvious, but this is not one of them. Go read the relevant section of the U42 Release Notes, as it is crystal-clear on this issue. There is no confusion about what's intended to work. Anyone exploiting a bug to bypass the clearly-stated intent is a cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    It's not the players' fault if the system isn't working as intended.
    It's not the player fault if there's a bug in the game, but it certainly is the player fault if they exploit that bug to cheat and gain an unintended advantage.

Besides, the game is choke full of things where the description does not match the fact, so its outright hard if not impossible to truly know whats what.
    IKR. Ran a raid last night and at the end chest I clicked on loot all, but it only let me loot the treasure that the game assigned to me, there was piles of stuff left in the chest for the other players. Clearly cheating.

Just out of curiosity, do you use SLA's with metamagics? Cause when implemented the metamagics where supposed to increase the sp cost but didnt. Which eventually just became a feature. Soooo by your standards thats considered cheating if you used SLA with metamagic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Manager

Closing the thread, not leaving this one open through the weekend...

Let's just put it out there, though, that this is not intended behavior, and will get corrected in the near future.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com