Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What set effects are possible on the Gem of Many Facets now?

I tried looking it up, and I didn't find a definitive answer. I've seen Fens stuff, I've seen korthos stuff, but the actual list of sets isn't that defined.

I was hoping to create a public resource for the current list. Feel free to add what you've seen so far!

Part of the problem is that the sands items aren't yet complete and that's a significant # of the sets.

If you wanted to see all the set bonuses you could open the legacy alter and type gem and it will show you the gem and gem reroll with up to 4 sets. Close, rinse and repeat. It could take a while.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

The gem is a scam in the same way that slot machines are a scam. If you think being scammed is fun then by all means carry on.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

All Korthos or otherwise items with "Starter" on it won't work.
    The Divine item (don't remember its exact name anymore) from Korthos doesn't work as well, or at least until recently it didn't, i had mentioned that in the past here in this forum.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    The gem is a scam in the same way that slot machines are a scam. If you think being scammed is fun then by all means carry on.
    Yep, literally a loot lotto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Here is what I have on the legendary gem of many facet possibilities right now which may not be complete. I didn't actually reroll as my first 2 crafting attempts gave me a set I wanted to keep.

10 possibilities for first set bonus from VON (3) or Red Fens (7)
    9 possibilities for second set bonus from Chronoscope (1) or Sands (8)

Here is a link to the sets I found when opening up the window and viewing sets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

A few caveats
    - It's possible not all set bonuses show up in alter window.
    - It's possible through bad luck I never saw a set bonus
    - It's possible Sands Set Bonuses are placeholders as it's a work in progress

Once I came up with this set of 19 I checked another 20 times while playing a game of root online with some friends and didn't see any new sets.

If there are no other set bonuses, that is a 1 in 10 chance to get the first set bonus and 1 in 9 chance of getting the second set bonus. 1.1% chance of getting the combination of both set bonuses you want if you are looking for 2 specific set bonuses. not as horrible as I was expecting.

If anyone has any additional information or missing sets, that would be helpful to know.
    Last edited by slarden; 08-19-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    All Korthos or otherwise items with "Starter" on it won't work.
    The Divine item (don't remember its exact name anymore) from Korthos doesn't work as well, or at least until recently it didn't, i had mentioned that in the past here in this forum.
    why would it have this? most people that play this game wont use korthos stuff for that long.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    why would it have this? most people that play this game wont use korthos stuff for that long.....
    Who say, I carry a korthos item from 1 to 30 every life.

1. You can’t get set bonuses on both from the same pack. So only one red fens for example, no Raveneye plus Vulkoor Cunning, or Vulkoor’s Chosen with Windlasher (Sands combos).
    2. The melee power on Vulkoor’s Cunning is not showing in the totals, something bugged. Poison on vorpal does work and may be a DoT; I do not feel like testing any more. If it is a DoT that could work well with the three total folks on all the servers using Sting of the Ninja
    3. The fact that the GoMF trinket is craftable makes it insanely useful (given the flexibility of trinket crafting) for gear tetris
    4. While it is a pain to keep clicking on the legacy altar to get your combo, imagine how worse it would be if you had to farm it anew. Once you get the combo, you are done
    5. More might be coming when Lynn is done with Sands stuff
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    The OP didn't say a level ... Plus, he or she explicitely mentioned "Korthos stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Who say, I carry a korthos item from 1 to 30 every life.
    That bodyfeeder weapon is a nice thing : You don't get any bodyfeeder with 156 hit points for a long time during levelling ... and 15 hit points are a LOT in the lower levels range !

Personally, almost every one of my chars carries his/her "bane" bracers for a very long time, because a damage reduction of 4 is nice at the lowest levels as well, especially in arrow-heavy quests (like the one from the Phoenix Tavern) and it takes quite some time until a named item with that DR comes up ...
    Last edited by Alrik_Fassbauer; 08-20-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Is there any way to reroll the sets bonuses on thr heroic gem like you can do with the legendary?
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Is there any way to reroll the sets bonuses on thr heroic gem like you can do with the legendary?
    I believe the heroic version just gives you all the set options - it's not random.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I believe the heroic version just gives you all the set options - it's not random.
    not true ... the old version did what you say ... if you obtain the new version it has 2 set bonuses like the epic version.

Edit: I would show you the old one, but I used it as fodder for an epic upgrade since I didn't need those low level heroic set bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    not true ... the old version did what you say ... if you obtain the new version it has 2 set bonuses like the epic version.

Edit: I would show you the old one, but I used it as fodder for an epic upgrade since I didn't need those low level heroic set bonuses.
    Interesting, I never found it good enough to use with all the set bonuses lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post

I thought the old version only did special set bonuses for epics and did all of them only with the Korthos sets

That said, it will be very hard to get the right one for heroic matchups as long as you can't change it somehow like with epic.

I thought the old version only did special set bonuses for epics and did all of them only with the Korthos sets

That said, it will be very hard to get the right one for heroic matchups as long as you can't change it somehow like with epic.
    Yeah so far I couldn't get the heroic version changed ... I tried stone of change and putting in legacy altar, both didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    The devs got bamboozled by the forum warriors.

<snip>...and it takes quite some time until a named item with that DR comes up ...
    Or you just craft one /shrug

Yes, I know 1st Lifers can't do this but that is why the bracer exists is for for first life characters. They have gotten stronger every time the developers nerf the random loot table lol. Dude or Dudette who designed them was a genius I swear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

If you do the optionals one of the bonus chests seems to have a very high drop rate for gems. On the plus side the item is useful with level-appropriate sets and if you try out different builds several could be useful. There are also no mats to create the item like there is for epic and legendary.

The OP didn't say a level ... Plus, he or she explicitely mentioned "Korthos stuff".

That bodyfeeder weapon is a nice thing : You don't get any bodyfeeder with 156 hit points for a long time during levelling ... and 15 hit points are a LOT in the lower levels range !

Personally, almost every one of my chars carries his/her "bane" bracers for a very long time, because a damage reduction of 4 is nice at the lowest levels as well, especially in arrow-heavy quests (like the one from the Phoenix Tavern) and it takes quite some time until a named item with that DR comes up ...

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Here is what I have on the legendary gem of many facet possibilities right now which may not be complete. I didn't actually reroll as my first 2 crafting attempts gave me a set I wanted to keep.

10 possibilities for first set bonus from VON (3) or Red Fens (7)
    9 possibilities for second set bonus from Chronoscope (1) or Sands (8)

Here is a link to the sets I found when opening up the window and viewing sets: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

A few caveats
    - It's possible not all set bonuses show up in alter window.
    - It's possible through bad luck I never saw a set bonus
    - It's possible Sands Set Bonuses are placeholders as it's a work in progress

Once I came up with this set of 19 I checked another 20 times while playing a game of root online with some friends and didn't see any new sets.

If there are no other set bonuses, that is a 1 in 10 chance to get the first set bonus and 1 in 9 chance of getting the second set bonus. 1.1% chance of getting the combination of both set bonuses you want if you are looking for 2 specific set bonuses. not as horrible as I was expecting.

If anyone has any additional information or missing sets, that would be helpful to know.
    My experiences are the following.
    Only 2 VoN sets came up after 30 mins rerolling. Draconic Phropecy and Mroranons Might. All the other rolls were from Red Fens.
    Now as it seems it is impossible to get the wanted set combo.
    I simply dont understand that revamp of S/S/S should make thing eazier and SSG mage a Gem which is RANDOM with 19-20 possibilities! ***? I can reroll another 10 years to get what I want? Just like to get a seal or a shard in the old version to upgrade an item???
    It would be more fair to let players craft the necessary set combos for a prize!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast