Community Member

Default Augment increased ML of item

OK, so I probably know the answer to this, but thought I'd ask for verification rather than spend the kits testing it....

I knowingly increased the ML of an item by putting an augment into the slot that caused that to occur. I now want that Item back at it's original ML(10) , so I removed the augment. The item stayed at the increased ML(16) . If I put a new augment of <=ML10 will the item ML change (I doubt it) or does adding augments only permanently ratchet up the ML?

Community Member

It may just be a display issue.

Try putting the item in your bank then taking it back out.

Yeah, I’m thinking display glitch as well. Log out of your account for a bit and see if it resets.

Community Member

Thanks! I just went and farmed a new one anyhow, but it did fix itself after I took it back out of my shared bank after I logged back in to check on it. My guess is the log in/out fixed it more than anything. So not a permanent raising of the ML then ! Good I had hoped this worked this way.

This "minor" bug and solution had already been mentioned in the Wiki article. Linked it to this thread for future reference.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Augment_Slot#Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Treamaya View Post
    OK, so I probably know the answer to this, but thought I'd ask for verification rather than spend the kits testing it....

I knowingly increased the ML of an item by putting an augment into the slot that caused that to occur. I now want that Item back at it's original ML(10) , so I removed the augment. The item stayed at the increased ML(16) . If I put a new augment of <=ML10 will the item ML change (I doubt it) or does adding augments only permanently ratchet up the ML?
    its shoudl change without removing the augment if you slot a lower ML augment in its place.