Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Update 46 Preview 1: Main Thread

(EDIT: The first preview for Update 46 has ended. Please place all additional feedback in this section of the forums!)

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 1 of Update 46 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday March 19th. There will be a dev event on Wednesday March 18th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This is a very early preview of Update 46 and contains the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Druid - Ghost pack will no longer make players in wolf form untargetable to other players
    • Paladins no longer gain the benefits of T4 Vigor of Life without training the enhancement first.
    • Paladin: Righteous Command now requires level 2 paladin spell components.
    • Sanctified Vial works with the described level prerequisites.
    • Fixed Typos in the following locations:
      • Druid: Nature's Warrior: Ghost Wolf Pack
      • Cleric: Radiant Servant: Pacifism
      • Max level chat message

Items
    • Sentient XP stones are now able to be looted from chests more reliably, and are less likely to get stuck in your inventory.
    • Fixed typos in "Proof Against Poison" item effects.
    • Deprecated items will now automatically be cleaned out of bags.
    • Some items from Keep on the Borderlands have more appropriate material types

Quests
    • The majority of Gatekeeper NPC's have moved to the "Gatekeepers Grove" which can be reached via the Stormreach Harbor. This includes all of the following:
      • "Zarnoth the Vigilant" Gatekeeper Favor NPC
      • "Varron Tertius" the Schism Shard Collector
      • The questgivers (and quest entrances) for all of the following quests:
        • The Temple of Elemental Evil Part One
        • Tavern Brawl
        • Slave Pits of the Undercity
        • Secret of the Slavers' Stockade
        • Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords
        • White Plume Mountain
      • Teleport NPC's to the following locations:
        • "Uthor Granth" Teleport NPC to the "Trials of the Archons" questgivers
        • "Surna Garnok" Teleport NPC to "The Devil's Gambit" questgivers
        • "Norogorn Thaq" Teleport NPC to the "White Plume Mountain and Other Tales" questgivers
    • Korthos: Sacrifices: The underwater section has been adjusted to provide a function for the gates, levers, and doors that previously did nothing.
    • Korthos: Redemption: A waypoint to enter the final battle of the quest Redemption has been added for when the barriers would normally prevent entry.
    • Wheloon: Thrill of the Hunt: Some erroneous cosmetic changes have been reverted.
    • All Epic xp rewards for Catacombat quest increased significantly.
    • Epic xp for The Mystery of Delera's Tomb and Free Delera Increased significantly.
      • The Deal and the Demon
      • Mask of Deception
      • Patriarch's Crypt
      • Prison of the Planes
      • Catacombs Human Zombies
      • Under the Big Top

UI
    • The Inventory Details drop down tab now properly displays the Crit Multiplier of your equipped weapons.

Miscellaneous
    • Death Watches You Cosmetic should now display properly on all races.
    • Fixed a problem with many secret doors that made them too easy to spot, to the point of your Spot skill not mattering at all. Their Search DCs are not affected. These doors Spot DCs will now scale with level and difficulty, as inteded, and their Spot DC values will be 5 below their Search DCs. This bug only affected doors, not traps or control panels.
    • An otherworldly hut has appeared in the Stormreach Harbor.

Known Issues
    • N/A
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 03-19-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Quests
    • The majority of Gatekeeper NPC's have moved to the "Gatekeepers Grove" which can be reached via the Stormreach Harbor. This includes all of the following:
        • Tavern Brawl
        • White Plume Mountain
        • "Norogorn Thaq" Teleport NPC to the "White Plume Mountain and Other Tales" questgivers
    Will we get the grove as a teleport option and/or an option form the airship captain?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

All Epic xp rewards for Catacombat quest increased significantly.
    Woo!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

• Tavern Brawl
        • White Plume Mountain
    The Teleport NPCs moving seems to be a backwards step in terms of functionality for players and the Gatekeepers remit in Stormreach, making the Hall of Heroes less functional and making the Gatekeepers seem less interested in being of service or getting their job done. It might make sense for them to be in both locations, but them moving completely seems a bit odd. For the same reason, the Schism Shard collector, providing a public service, is someone you would expect to have a desk in the Hall of Heroes, even if they spend a lot of their time in the Grove with their friends.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

Community Member

[*]All Epic xp rewards for Catacombat quest increased significantly.
    Mortal KataKombat!

...I'll see myself out.

Sweet changes overall, I just hope there's still a teleport NPC left in the Hall, or teleport/airship entrance to the new Grove.

Did you move the test dojo? I'm in the marketplace and can't see the entrance where it normally is.

Also had a couple people /tell me and ask the same thing...

I am personally okay with the gatekeepers moving and having their own place. Just two suggestions if you would hear me out:

1: Please give us a form of quick teleportation to the Grove. Currently the Airship will take you to the harbor, far away from the Grove, teleport spells to the far side of the harbor, and the Stormreach Teleporter will take you to the Inspired Quarter at the closest. Perhaps allow us another Stormreach Teleporter in the grove, or (better yet) one in the Harbor directly outside the grove (I actually favor this idea, would make it easier for TRs coming from Korthos to access other places to stock up on potions and whatnot). I think the Harbor is long overdue for one of these teleporters anyhow.

2: If you're taking the NPCs out of the Hall of Heroes, perhaps allow us to teleport to the Grove from there as well. I already foresee myself accidently going to the Hall of Heroes after this update to run a quest, only to facepalm as I remember the quest had been moved. At least teleporting there from the Hall will make it less of a pain to deal with.

Thanks for listening, and keep doing what you do! Loving the amazing content!
    Leader of the Crusaders of Heaven, Khyber
    Guild is currently Level 140 - We are always openly recruiting.
    PM: Josetta / Sarahanne
    "This is why we can't have nice things."

[*]Wheloon: Thrill of the Hunt: Some erroneous cosmetic changes have been reverted.
    [
    Aw, the new look was rather nice. I'd say leave it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Did you move the test dojo? I'm in the marketplace and can't see the entrance where it normally is.

Also had a couple people /tell me and ask the same thing...
    I forgot to enable it before opening the server. Test Dojo is now accessible! Sorry for the delay. Long week is long.

Community Member

Agreeing with the sentiment above:
    * hall of heroes is now back to useless with "Re-acquire Raid Loot" altar tucked in a corner as the sole reason for its existence.
    * teleport from Amrath to Gatekeeper Grove isn't exactly exciting or useful.

Community Member

[*]Paladins no longer gain the benefits of T4 Vigor of Life without training the enhancement first.
    For my recolection, the T4 Vigor of Life isn't working at all. I tried it on Aasimar and it wasn't working. Some players also told me that only the T5 worked and if that is WAI then why doesn't anything appear in the description about it?

Cheers.

No fixes or anything for alchemist? Time to TR out of this trainwreck, then.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    For my recolection, the T4 Vigor of Life isn't working at all. I tried it on Aasimar and it wasn't working. Some players also told me that only the T5 worked and if that is WAI then why doesn't anything appear in the description about it?

Cheers.
    It (the T4) was applying to literally every character with more than 0 Paladin levels at all times.
    Last edited by Steelstar; 03-17-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Can cenuleans hills area increase to level 5?

Community Member

Default Oh nice new **** is comming out how about fixing lag before greating new ********

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 1 of Update 46 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday March 19th. There will be a dev event on Wednesday March 18th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This is a very early preview of Update 46 and contains the following features:

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character
    • Druid - Ghost pack will no longer make players in wolf form untargetable to other players
    • Paladins no longer gain the benefits of T4 Vigor of Life without training the enhancement first.
    • Paladin: Righteous Command now requires level 2 paladin spell components.
    • Sanctified Vial works with the described level prerequisites.
      • Druid: Nature's Warrior: Ghost Wolf Pack
      • Cleric: Radiant Servant: Pacifism
      • Max level chat message

Items
    • Sentient XP stones are now able to be looted from chests more reliably, and are less likely to get stuck in your inventory.
    • Fixed typos in "Proof Against Poison" item effects.
    • Some items from Keep on the Borderlands have more appropriate material types

Quests
        • Tavern Brawl
        • White Plume Mountain
    • Korthos: Sacrifices: The underwater section has been adjusted to provide a function for the gates, levers, and doors that previously did nothing.
    • Korthos: Redemption: A waypoint to enter the final battle of the quest Redemption has been added for when the barriers would normally prevent entry.
    • Wheloon: Thrill of the Hunt: Some erroneous cosmetic changes have been reverted.
    • All Epic xp rewards for Catacombat quest increased significantly.
    • Epic xp for The Mystery of Delera's Tomb and Free Delera Increased significantly.
      • The Deal and the Demon
      • Mask of Deception
      • Patriarch's Crypt
      • Prison of the Planes
      • Catacombs Human Zombies
      • Under the Big Top

UI
    • The Inventory Details drop down tab now properly displays the Crit Multiplier of your equipped weapons.

Miscellaneous
    • Death Watches You Cosmetic should now display properly on all races.
    • Fixed a problem with many secret doors that made them too easy to spot, to the point of your Spot skill not mattering at all. Their Search DCs are not affected. These doors Spot DCs will now scale with level and difficulty, as inteded, and their Spot DC values will be 5 below their Search DCs. This bug only affected doors, not traps or control panels.
    • An otherworldly hut has appeared in the Stormreach Harbor.

Known Issues
    • N/A
    This post was edited by Cocomajobo because it was excessively rude.

This post attempted to make the point that working to reduce lag was more important than creating new content.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 03-18-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Cocomajobo, it looks like your copy-and-paste and editing didn't quite workout... I suspect you meant to write: Part Two, for the second item.

[...]
    [...] Fixed a problem with many secret doors that made them too easy to spot, to the point of your Spot skill not mattering at all. Their Search DCs are not affected. These doors Spot DCs will now scale with level and difficulty, as inte[n]ded, and their Spot DC values will be 5 below their Search DCs. This bug only affected doors, not traps or control panels. ...
    That's excellent news! But, I don't know why it's taken you over five years to fix that issue? What you are referring to is the fact that there aren't currently any Secret Doors within the live game that have a Spot of higher the DC: 1! LOL. The generic Secret Door Spot DCs were always supposed to scale (save the mandatory ones with negative values for obvious reason). It's not like you weren't aware; I've mentioned that fact several times on the DDO forums, and passed the information to the relevant people a year or two back. Maybe one of the Developer's finally read the DDO Wiki, and it sank in... :-)

2014 DDO Players Council

What does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

2014 DDO Players Council

• The majority of Gatekeeper NPC's have moved to the "Gatekeepers Grove" which can be reached via the Stormreach Harbor.

I would like to suggest you move Gatekeeper Chulkash and Gatekeeper Trakash there also, possibly with their related quest entrances, and change their favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    What does this mean?
    expired/rotten Night Revels candy, etc.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Still no more tweaks to bows to pull them out of the dumpster??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast