Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolted View Post
    ...my TWF khopesh build can deal around 5.5k dmg on crit (and I admit there must be people dealing more damage on crit ... if you put a damage proc on a weapon, make sure it's not rended useless if people wants to play the highest difficulty (or at least around r5-7...
    The amount of modest elitism on these forums cracks me up sometimes.

Poor Revolted, his guildies are constantly making fun of him because he can't melee crit for 6k and is often caught slumming it in R6. Noob.

On topic, the Utter Disintegration proc does around 1057 average damage. Compare it to the LGS vorpal (5% chance) effect doing around 665 average damage (33.25 damage per hit) or the bonus (1% chance) 2000 elemental damage (20 damage per hit).

Proc rate is important. Regular Disintegration has a 2% proc rate, if Utter Disintegration has the same proc rate, then it's doing 21.14 damage per hit. For a ML29 Raid weapon, Utter Disintegration could probably use a little boost. 1.5 to twice as much damage wouldn't make it OP, but would make it more desirable.
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post

On topic, the Utter Disintegration proc does around 1057 average damage.
    Have you actually tried this out on live server?

I could not get anything higher than 4xx out of it, was beating stuff for almost an hour, so even if it does happen every hour thats just amazingly low. Yet to get my spirit up to test post-patch, not expecting that they changed it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Have you actually tried this out on live server?

I could not get anything higher than 4xx out of it, was beating stuff for almost an hour, so even if it does happen every hour thats just amazingly low. Yet to get my spirit up to test post-patch, not expecting that they changed it.
    No. I was just going by the formula provided in this thread. 15d100 plus 300 Bane damage. 4xx damage sounds more like Utter Disappointment (thanks JOTMON). Maybe the live formula is missing a 0 and only doing 15d10 +300 damage.
    Stratis on Khyber

The amount of modest elitism on these forums cracks me up sometimes.

Poor Revolted, his guildies are constantly making fun of him because he can't melee crit for 6k and is often caught slumming it in R6. Noob.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you build something DPS that can't crit over 5-6k at cap, then you just plain suck at this game (how's that for elitism, without any pinch of modesty?).
    I just refered my dmg as a base of comparison with how Desintegrate procs pre-2011 were relevant and this one isn't.

For your numbers it's clear you didn't test the weapon at all. Even if that dmg was the real one, with the proc rate, it is pretty bad. But that actually isn't a real number, as not I, nor most people testing it live, saw numbers reaching 500.

Community Member

if you build something DPS that can't crit over 5-6k at cap, then you just plain suck at this game
    my TWF khopesh build can deal around 5.5k dmg on crit
    Guess you almost don't suck. Obviously the average/typical melee player is blowing you out of the water right now. You'll get there one day too, just be patient.
    Stratis on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's definitely doing 15d100 - it's a damaging effect and the dice are specified.

Actually, wait, it's doing 15d100 plus 300 Bane damage. Whoops.
    Not if it is based on regular disintegration, like the level 6 wizard spell disintegrate cast at level 15 with +300 damage. In that case, it would do 15 (2d3+6) + 300 = 450 ish, which is exactly what is observed.

* Best disintegrate 482pts, all procs were in the mid 400s.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-06-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjeal_meh View Post
    I beat on a naked gnome in my tests and got the same numbers.
    .. Look, I know this is a role-playing game. I get it. But that doesn't mean that I need to hear about your 'tests,' your 'naked gnomes,' and your 'numbers.'

It's almost as bad as having a dev tell me that 15d100 is "760 on the dot."

400 bane damage, where??
    I don't want even touch the argument if it's ok or garbage, but there is no bane damage proc.
    I wield one Calamity in each hand and have ran from LE (r included) to EE, and the only things they procs are level drains, vulnerability and the slotted ruby effects.

Give it a look because it is clearly bugged.

Edit: Ok, I stand corrected, I finally saw it: 453 bane damage. Took me a quest and half to finally notice it.
    Last edited by Cookiegum; 02-06-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegum View Post
    400 bane damage, where??
    I don't want even touch the argument if it's ok or garbage, but there is no bane damage proc.
    I wield one Calamity in each hand and have ran from LE (r included) to EE, and the only things they procs are level drains, vulnerability and the slotted ruby effects.

Give it a look because it is clearly bugged.

Edit: Ok, I stand corrected, I finally saw it: 453 bane damage. Took me a quest and half to finally notice it.
    It makes a little noise as well when it procs. (hint, it's not often)

So, is it official then, everyone? The weapon is bugged? We have had the Dev chime in, saying no. And we have real world empirical data, saying yes.

I vote bugged. It appears despite all the numbers and the formula Lynn looked up, all of that is bypassed and a simple disintegration scroll is cast instead, thanks tilomere!

tl:dr DEVS FIX YO SHHHSTUF

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    We have had the Dev chime in, saying no. And we have real world empirical data, saying yes.

I vote bugged.
    Since glass shards procs for 14.7k dps, may I modestly input my elitism that any proc 14,699 dps or less is irrelevant.

Good day sir!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-07-2018 at 04:19 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Not if it is based on regular disintegration, like the level 6 wizard spell disintegrate cast at level 15 with +300 damage. In that case, it would do 15 (2d3+6) + 300 = 450 ish, which is exactly what is observed.
    Every exact number is from my combat log. That above could be a possible scenario, but 15d(max 12) = 180 +300, would have excluded the 482 proc. Which is weird, not sure about vulnerability applying to these effects or not, that can make it more complicated to test, which can be anywhere from 1-20% - closer to 20% if good attack rate.

Another complication would be a save for half in the background, but I think the portal test would have given that away.

Guess you almost don't suck. Obviously the average/typical melee player is blowing you out of the water right now. You'll get there one day too, just be patient.
    Quite the useless input, you're doing in this thread, where you just bit** about a comment where I state my dmg on crit, that I don't think in anyway is impressive (nor have I said something in that direction) just to make a comparison.

Well now you made me do a useless response to your uselessness in this thread, which didn't give this discussion anything new or good. Alas, I'm a sucker for retort and I ask forgiveness from my peers, the ones that, like me, are seeing low numbers on live servers from a proc that should be doing something a bit more usefull, or at least not wasting an "Utter" denomination on turds.

It looks like from a few 100 hits, that Utter Disintegration is just regular Disintegration. Hitting about 400-450ish on non helpless, proc rate feels about similar too.

Working as intended or should I bug report this?
    Honestly from all the Forum Posts, sounds like most of the Raid items are not WAI.

Personally glad the shinnies aren't as shiny as advertised yet the developers made a promise so something should be done for this and many of the other items not WAI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Default Upon further review, it still looks bugged.

But I thought to myself, self, maybe the weapon is coded correctly, but the mob isn't? Huh, said myself? Well, let's assume the weapon does the correct UTTER disintegrate. But the mobs themselves DO NOT have a coded condition called UTTER, only plain Jane disintegrate.

So maybe the mobs possible condition table needs looked at, and utter needs to be added?

Just a thought.

Community Member

It's definitely doing 15d100 - it's a damaging effect and the dice are specified.

Did you actually dig into the code to check if it is not bugged? Or are you assuming based on what was intended? Because the latter is not helpful.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana (currently a caster bard)
    My alts are put out to pasture
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

I usually dual wield Khopeshes on my strength TWF build. But I found Calamity to be underwhelming. So I switched the build for Divinity.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    I usually dual wield Khopeshes on my strength TWF build. But I found Calamity to be underwhelming. So I switched the build for Divinity.
    Hi Ren can we get a closer look at you build using Divinity in it the still twf?

Community Member

This effect is garbage, please make it not garbage.

low-proc effects are always garbage; but the fact that it's a 5[1d8+3]+15 khopesh with vacuum that accepts sentience makes it one of the strongest options available.

Try using the q-staff or the longbow and see if the khopesh is really all that bad.
    Selvera: Aasimar Fighter 20/Epic 10; Old and wise fighter.
    Jen: Half Elf Fvs 4; Healer Archer on a TR with friends
    Mayve: Drow Bard 14/Wizard 6/Epic 7; Vampire Enchantress

Default Bug: probably? Calamity Utter Disintegrate is adding the integers of damage formula

Is this on Everstorm from the 1st Sharn Raid?

Sorry to bring this up again, but I decided to take another look at this thread BEFORE I dig my Calamity out of the bank. Upon further review, I think Lynn made a small mistake.

I think the numbers are added together, not multiplied. 15+100+300=415. AND, I think the problem was that this 415 WAS scaling based on the weapons stacks of vulnerability applied from fetters. So:

Min proc: 415
    Max proc: 415x1.20(max vuln)=498
    Avg proc: 415x1.10(hlf Vuln) =456.5

But this is a bit misleading, since you will NEVER see the 415 proc, since the weapon (maybe bugged as well) applies the vuln effect to the Utter proc. Roughly (assuming) 4 stacks, or 4 percent per hit, for a rough min hit of 431.6 Utter Disintergration proc.

So most people would see a number range between 431.6 and 498. Never higher then 498. And very typically, almost never lower then a 2 percent vuln hit of 423.3

So is this still bugged? Adding the integers of the damage formula instead of doing the calc?

As I said, sorry for hitting this older thread, but it seemed the most correct place to, um, place this. There was definately something wrong with the weapon before, and I havent tested it lately, but the above does match the seen real world data nicely.
    Last edited by Mindos; 06-02-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast