Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weapon materials and damage reduction

I just pulled a Lunar Crescent khopesh in Sharn and found it odd that although the material it is made from is adamanitne, it does not bypass adamantine damage reduction on enemies. I wonder which other weapons might be floating around out there made of adamantine, cold iron, silver, byeshk, flametouched iron, etc, that are not applying the inherent DR bypassing property of the material.

Shouldn't this weapon, a decent DR buster, be bypassing adamantine as well as slash, magic, good, evil, lawful, chaotic, and silver?

Relatively recently we had random weapons with alignment based damage enchantments on them not bypassing their associated DRs, but that was soon fixed. Just hoping to bring awareness to this matter which does matter to some of us even in the face of more and more enemies coming into the game having unbreakable damage reduction. (that's a discussion for its own dedicated thread).
    Last edited by Sorcerio; 05-31-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerio View Post
    ...although the material it is made from is adamanitne, it does not bypass adamantine damage reduction on enemies...

Relatively recently we had random weapons with alignment based damage enchantments on them not bypassing their associated DRs, but that was soon fixed...
    If what you say is so, then apparently at least one more still needs to be fixed. :/

Community Member

I posted something similar once about the Epic Timeblade. Devs came back and said it was a typo in the text and should say it's made of steel. :-(
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    I posted something similar once about the Epic Timeblade. Devs came back and said it was a typo in the text and should say it's made of steel. :-(
    That's just sad.

Systems Designer

This is a bug - it's made of Adamantine erroneously. It should be made of Silver.

I'm leaving this particular bug in place until the level 20 s/s/s items get fully revamped. It's not meant to be made of Adamantine - that text field is for durability scaling and our sound effects system (yes really).
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This is a bug - it's made of Adamantine erroneously. It should be made of Silver.
    @ L - So does it currently have Silver bypass?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    @ L - So does it currently have Silver bypass?
    Yes. Damage flags are shown in text on the header of the weapon - in this case, since Silver is listed, it'll bypass Silver DR.

Community Member

until the level 20 s/s/s items get fully revamped.
    So what you're saying is that you're revamping S/S/S items right now and you're promising that will be released Soon

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're revamping S/S/S items right now and you're promising that will be released Soon
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

I'm leaving this particular bug in place until the level 20 s/s/s items get fully revamped. It's not meant to be made of Adamantine - that text field is for durability scaling and our sound effects system (yes really).
    Glad you haven't forgot about it. I'm looking forward to the s/s/s revamp whenever it happens!!!
    Stratis on Khyber

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Our QA department would light itself on fire and jettison itself out to sea. There are too many features in U43 already and the rest of U42 isn't even out yet.

Glad you haven't forgot about it. I'm looking forward to the s/s/s revamp whenever it happens!!!
    I'll never forget. It's one of the most hotly requested features on the list.

Our QA department would light itself on fire and jettison itself out to sea.
    Poor Cocomajobo
    $GME YOLO

I just pulled a Lunar Crescent khopesh in Sharn and found it odd that although the material it is made from is adamanitne, it does not bypass adamantine damage reduction on enemies. I wonder which other weapons might be floating around out there made of adamantine, cold iron, silver, byeshk, flametouched iron, etc, that are not applying the inherent DR bypassing property of the material.

Shouldn't this weapon, a decent DR buster, be bypassing adamantine as well as slash, magic, good, evil, lawful, chaotic, and silver?

Relatively recently we had random weapons with alignment based damage enchantments on them not bypassing their associated DRs, but that was soon fixed. Just hoping to bring awareness to this matter which does matter to some of us even in the face of more and more enemies coming into the game having unbreakable damage reduction. (that's a discussion for its own dedicated thread).
    It has silver, alchemical, that's why the silver bypass. If you read the description for alchemical siliver it is a way to bond silver to a steel weapon. I'm not sure, but it seems from the description that all alchemical weapons should be steel.

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    It has silver, alchemical, that's why the silver bypass. If you read the description for alchemical siliver it is a way to bond silver to a steel weapon. I'm not sure, but it seems from the description that all alchemical weapons should be steel.
    Ah yeah. Good point. But Lynnabel said above in a previous post that it should be made of Silver. You wouldn't alchemically bond silver to a silver weapon even if you could. So if it's supposed to be made of silver, then what should the 4th effect be to take the place of alchemical silver?

Community Member

I'll never forget.
    She's a kobold!
    Stratis on Khyber

Ah yeah. Good point. But Lynnabel said above in a previous post that it should be made of Silver.
    It's possible she misspoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Will this also include making the base items easier to acquire too? As of right now, it seems impossible to get a Storm (crossbow), without being incredibly lucky on both the weapon and the shard.

The worst part of this, is many players have mentioned that bypassing the ZR raid timer is bugged, so you risk wasting a bypass for nothing. At least when farming for epic upgrades for dungeon loot, you can re-run the dungeon on ransack each week. But legacy raid items are a huge pain to get.

At the very least, all of the old legacy raid loot should be converted to Bound-to-Account.

You're a champ. As someone who is back after a years-long break, the amount of positive changes and response to feedback I am seeing while catching up here is outstanding.
    AoK

Community Member

She's a kobold!
    Sure, kobold lich! 8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast