Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thanks for the posting of this build. Seen quite a few people run it for Racial Past Lives in Reaper 1 to 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

A few days ago I was asking about a good build for my third rogue life: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ions-for-Rogue

Already did 2 assassins (although this was way before the knife tree), so wanted to try either staff or x-bow.

I think this is what I will use on my next life. I'm finishing my third fighter life, currently at L27.

Endless "Endless Fusilade" looks awesome! I'm not a fan of the smaller races but might try this with gnome or deep gnome. Aside from halfling and gnome, will this work with human, Shadar Kai, or some other race? Is the samll stature just for the IPS view?

Thanks!
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post

Endless "Endless Fusilade" looks awesome! I'm not a fan of the smaller races but might try this with gnome or deep gnome. Aside from halfling and gnome, will this work with human, Shadar Kai, or some other race? Is the samll stature just for the IPS view?

Thanks!
    Race is very flexible. I picked halfling for small stature but im sure others will work fine to. I only put 1 AP into halfling anyways. If you have racial AP elf might be the best for the bonus hit %. Half orcs, warforged (ick), and dragonborn also get extra action boosts.

Keep in mind that this builds power spike is late heroics and epic’s. It shines in low to mid tear reaper. In high reaper (5+) it starts to run out of boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Thanks for the posting of this build. Seen quite a few people run it for Racial Past Lives in Reaper 1 to 3.
    Thanks!

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    One With The Blade: Passive: +20 Melee and Ranged Power. thats better than 10. The 10% attack speed is not stacking with items/haste (unless they fixed it) 10 dobleshot is actually like 3% dobleshot with repeater so it's kinda meh ( I mean every bit helps).

Keen Edge: You gain a +1 Competence bonus to Critical Threat Range with your Focus weapons. IMO its better than the sneak attack dice.

Deadly Shot is nice too you get 3 guaranteed critical hits (with small chance for 4 and extra vorpal damage). Really good for that boss burst damage, or when you IPS bunch of things. In comparison Sneak attack damage is way less reliable IMO, with monster needing to be withing ranged sneak attack range, and meeting the prerequisites(helpless/bluffed), and not having fortification, and so on. Getting no extra damage while waiting for deception to proc is meh too. (Unless you play in party, and someone gets all the agro for you. Then Sneak attack is like really good.)
    Then again if you are not doing repeaters, but GreatXbow, Rogue cap is much better. (You should go 18 rogue then tho Expert Builder is just too good to miss out on. Then again,there is no endless fusillade if you do that...)
    while the thread is bumped, I wanted to address a few misconception here, mainly the value of tier 5 rogue vs tier 5 fighter, with emphasis on great x-bow since this is what the build is all about, and not repeaters.

Mecanic Tier 5 gives:
    +6 dmg wit great x-bows (sharpshooter)
    +10% doubleshot (rapid fire)
    +4 SA die (sharpshooter + Sniper)
    +2[W] weapon damage die (Sniper)
    +10 Ranged Power (Mechanical Reloader)
    +30% Ranged Alacrity (Mechanical Reloader)
    and Vorpals on 19-20 for Great x-bows

in my opinion this vastly outclass the +1 crit range, extra 10 Ranged power of Kensei tier 5, as great x-bows already have a 15-20 range with Improved critical feat, similarly endless fusillades when ya have 15+ of those yields way more damage then even the core 18 rogue extra +2 multiplier (you can get +1 from fighter cores anyway, so you are not far off from the +2 from rogue core 18)

but more importantly, and often overlooked, is the 30% alacrity and the 19-20 vorpals. the 30% alacrity (not 10, thats for repeaters) does not show on the character sheet, but it really affect your rate of fire by an appreciable margin, and extensive testing revealed it actually stack with haste/speed items.

but the Vorpal on 19-20 is also extremely important, while those unfamiliar with great x-bow would view this as a little dps increase and only for those using a vorpal great x-bow, but the veteran will remind you a great x-bow proc a no save, but rather short trip on vorpals. factor in Fusillade and you got a rather semi-decent CC solution. not only that but there exist other effects on weapons and stuff that have vorpal procs, for instance the Endless Night ruby augment that proc a neg level on vorpal, in the hand of this build would proc a neg lvl on 19-20s, and I have tested it myself extensively. and a few named craftable weapons out these have options for vorpal procs.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    411 average base damage factoring critical hits and seaker.
    How do you get to this?

From the weapon and Mechanic/Battle Engineer enhancements, you have an average of 5 * 9 + 15 + 11 = 71. Assuming 90 Int, that would be 131 damage per attack. Deadly could bring this up to 150. With a 15-20/x3 critical range and +25 seeker, that would be an average of ~271/attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    but more importantly, and often overlooked, is the 30% alacrity and the 19-20 vorpals. the 30% alacrity (not 10, thats for repeaters) does not show on the character sheet, but it really affect your rate of fire by an appreciable margin, and extensive testing revealed it actually stack with haste/speed items.
    Have you done any testing on how many bolts you get out of a fusilade set with 30% alacrity vs 22% (haste)? I’m not sure what kind of DPS boost comes from alacrity durring endless fusilade. Also do you know what the gains in alacrity outside of fusilade are? I currently run in LD damage boost instead of haste boost for my additional action boost. I’m wondering if this is the optimal DPS option.

And i 1000% agree with you, mecanic is by far the best t5!

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarki View Post
    How do you get to this?

From the weapon and Mechanic/Battle Engineer enhancements, you have an average of 5 * 9 + 15 + 11 = 71. Assuming 90 Int, that would be 131 damage per attack. Deadly could bring this up to 150. With a 15-20/x3 critical range and +25 seeker, that would be an average of ~271/attack.
    First off your crit profile is 14-18x3, 18-20x5in LD because you can use pulverizer since you have blunted ammunition.

Ok.. so I cant find my notes for how i figured that out so ill give it a go again...
    Voly: 15 + 7.25[2d8+3] = 102
    70 int = 30
    21 deadly (14+7) = 21
    Battle eng = 6
    Kensi = 7
    Mech = 14
    LD = 5
    Sic of abor = 2
    Total = 189

(Ignore grazing for now)
    1 = 0 dmg. *1
    2-13 = 189. * 12
    14-18 = 567 *5
    19-20 = 945 *2
    Average = 350

Seeker (24)
    [(0*13)+(24*3*5)+(24*5*2)]/20 = 30

So im at 380/hit. I wonder what i missed, if anything.
    Adding extra seeker is 1.25 times the value of the seeker. Adding extra deadly/int/whatever is 1.85 times the value. I wonder if i counted 1’s as hits in my first count, or included deadly weapons, eather of thoes might have bumped it up. I don’t remember.

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

normal rate of fire with no speed bonuses = 26bolts/20s (based on skill boost AB time)
    normal rate of fire + haste only = 28bolts/20s
    normal rate of fire + 30% alacrity only = 29bolts/20s
    normal rate of fire + 30% alacrity + haste = 31bolts/20s

fusillade with no speed bonuses = 63bolts/18s
    fusillade + haste only = 70bolts/18s
    fusillade +30% alacrity only = 77bolts/18s
    fusillade + haste + 30% alacrity = 88bolts/18s (hard to concentrate on hearing them all and count fast enough:P)
    fusillade + haste + 30% alacrity + full BAB (crusader) = 93bolts/18s (BAB affect attack speed)

this is an average of multiple attempts,while the lower numbers seem to be on the spot, the higher numbers seem to vary at times up to 5 bolts, then again its so fast its hard to count it properly, I have not tested with the Haste AB form dreadnought. This average sample was done on a lvl 30 too with 21 BAB

atm with decent but not optimal gear, I am hitting for 400 base damage and 1400-2300 on crits (higher values on 19-20) out of blitz, with 60% doubleshot (no past lives) or 550-600 with blitz and 2k/3,3k on crits reaching 171 Ranged power, keep in mind this is an alt with basic ravenloft and crafted gear

edit: haste AB + haste + 30% alacrity = 35bolts/20s
    Last edited by Gabrael; 06-07-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

normal rate of fire with no speed bonuses = 26bolts/20s (based on skill boost AB time)

fusillade with no speed bonuses = 63bolts/18s
    fusillade + haste only = 70bolts/18s
    fusillade +30% alacrity only = 77bolts/18s
    fusillade + haste + 30% alacrity = 88bolts/18s (hard to concentrate on hearing them all and count fast enough:P)
    fusillade + haste + 30% alacrity + full BAB (crusader) = 93bolts/18s (BAB affect attack speed)

this is an average of multiple attempts,while the lower numbers seem to be on the spot, the higher numbers seem to vary at times up to 5 bolts, then again its so fast its hard to count it properly, I have not tested with the Haste AB form dreadnought. This average sample was done on a lvl 30 too with 21 BAB

atm with decent but not optimal gear, I am hitting for 400 base damage and 1400-2300 on crits (higher values on 19-20) out of blitz, with 60% doubleshot (no past lives) or 550-600 with blitz and 2k/3,3k on crits reaching 171 Ranged power, keep in mind this is an alt with basic ravenloft and crafted gear

edit: haste AB + haste + 30% alacrity = 35bolts/20s
    Ok, this just blew my mind, haste and alacrity STACK?! For your variation, did you run these tests with any doubleshot? That can much up your numbers.

Your fusilage numbers seam high, especialy if your running them without doublestrike

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

I simply counted the twacks, way too many number to parse, my doubleshots are at 60%, but the bolt/sec in my calculation was pure shots, and not doubleshots, so ya can multiply my values by about 1,6 to get the proper figure, another reason I didn't bother with doubleshot is it varies a lot depending of the ED you use, past lives, and stuff, (if I had the ED Past life, it would be another 9%, reaper can also temporarily up it by 30%, if I really wanted to go for hits rather than damage, the crusader ED can add 10% easily maintainable stack of doubleshot, with a tricking down 50% boost.

edit: also my damage calculation was without counting the SA damage, I think I do about 200-250 dmg on top when SA hits
    Last edited by Gabrael; 06-07-2018 at 08:29 PM.

I swaped out epic toughness for perma haste. It was obvious that it made a diffrence. Your DPS numbers are in line with what im seeing as well.

Community Member

First I want to say thanks for the build. I have been using it for this life after a guildie turned me onto it and I have to say it delivers.

I re-worked some of your config, both to optimize the leveling and for a few feats I preferred. I am only running this up to 20, so my priorities were slightly different.

Here were my goals:

• Get IPS ASAP.
    • Get evasion ASAP.
    • Be able to trap consistently
    • Get Int to damage ASAP. First through the harper tree and then through Mech Tree
    • Have int to hit
    • Maximize EF's
    • Have flexability against SA immune and Vorpal Immune mobs
    • Play to my gear (which is good but not great)
    • Have decent UMD for self healing in Reaper solo
    • Have a decent jump
    • Play at level, Run R1's solo. (no banked XP)

With all those goals in mind, my build provides the following:
    • Int to hit at 2 (through harper, then insightful weapons)
    • Evasion at 3
    • Int to Dmg at 3
    • Plenty of skill points for trapping, UMD, and Jump
    • EF at 10 (9 vollies, up to 12 at level 11, then back to 9 until the late teens)
    • At level 12, respec to BE for EF with the rest in Mech.
    • IPS at 14
    • Mech T5 starting at 14 (just in time for Divine Artliery!)
    • back to 12 action boosts by 18
    • Speed boost at 19
    • Crit multiplier at 19

For Race:
    I picked human both for the skills and to front load the feats (even though you end up with more feats than required. Gnome, halfling, Drow would all work. I don't like Dragonborn for the extra action boost unless you have a bunch of racial AP available.

For weapons:

If you want to use a great Xbow early, you can use Oladren's Great Crossbow at level 1.
    Vorpal Heavy Repeater From 2-13 on any mob than can be vorpal'd. (keen if you can find one)
    Ghosttouch Heavy Repeater for 2-14 for reapers and incorporeal mobs. If you have an extra ghost bane augment, you can just build a cannith repeater for a bit more dmg.
    At 14 Switch to Divine Artillery. I put a ghostbane into mine so I would not have to swap weapons. If you dont have one a ghosttouch GXBow or Repeater works.

Feats:

This build has a **** ton of feats, way more than it needs. Because of this I decided to go for dodge/mobility/shot on the run for the increase to dodge, MDB, and a little bit of ranged power. Other options inclouse completionist, past life fighter for the BAB clickie (for better shot speed), toughness, etc. I also took Skill focus UMD for better raise and heal scrolls earlier and past life rogue. Both of these are semi optional depending on your play style.

Skills:
    My skills list is incomplete, I just listed the ones I felt were important. Im sure you cold optimize the **** out of this, but honestly I dont see a huge value. I have all the skills I need plus some extra to play with. (I like swim and diplo and intim for secondary skills personally)

Mech Rogue Hybrid
    10/6/4 Rogue/Fighter/Artificer
    Lawful Neutral Human

Level Order

1. Rogue 6. Artificer 11. Rogue 16. Fighter
    2. Artificer 7. Artificer 12. Rogue 17. Rogue
    3. Rogue 8. Fighter 13. Fighter 18. Rogue
    4. Artificer 9. Fighter 14. Fighter 19. Rogue
    5. Rogue 10. Rogue 15. Fighter 20. Rogue

Stats
    36pt Tome Level Up
    ---- ---- --------
    Strength 8 +6 4: INT
    Dexterity 14 +6 8: INT
    Constitution 16 +6 12: INT
    Intelligence 18 +6 16: INT
    Wisdom 10 +6 20: INT
    Charisma 10 +6

Skills
    R A R A R A A F F R R R F F F F R R R R
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Disable 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Open Lo 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 ½ ½ 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Search 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 ½ ½ 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Spot 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 ½ ½ 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    Bluff 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 5 1 1 1 23
    Jump 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    UMD 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 ½ ½ 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    28 9 7 9 7 9 9 9 9 10 7 8 11 11 11 11 11 7 7 7
    52 10 14 11 15 11 11 10 10 16 16 17 11 11 11 12 18 18 18 18

Feats

1 : Point Blank Shot
    1 Human : Rapid Shot
    3 : Precise Shot
    6 : Precision
    7 Arti : Skill Focus: Use Magic Device
    8 Fighter: Dodge
    9 : Weapon Focus: Ranged
    9 Fighter: Mobility
    12 : Improved Critical: Ranged
    14 Fighter: Improved Precise Shot
    15 : Insightful Reflexes
    16 Fighter: Shot on the Run
    18 : Past Life: Rogue OR Toughness

Spells

Artificer
    1. Admixture: Cure Light Wounds*, Conjure Bolts*, Enchant Weapons*
    2. Insightful Strikes, Byeshk Weapons

Enhancements (80+1 of 80+1 AP)

Mechanic (39 AP)
    • Arbalester, Tanglefoot, Targeting Sights
    1. Sharpshooter, Lacerating Shots III, Mechanics III
    2. Sharpshooter, Wand and Scroll Mastery III
    3. Sharpshooter, Use Magical Device III, Intelligence
    4. Sharpshooter, Fletching III, Intelligence
    5. Sharpshooter, Rapid Fire III, Sniper, Mechanical Reloader

Battle Engineer (27 AP)
    • Battle Engineer, Infused Weapons
    1. Crossbow Training, Field Engineer III, Thaumaturgical Conduits III
    2. Crossbow Training, Extra Action Boost III
    3. Crossbow Training
    4. Crossbow Training, Endless Fusilade, Agility Engine III

Harper Agent (12 AP)
    • Agent of Good I, Intelligence
    1. Harper Enchantment, Strategic Combat
    2. Know the Angles III
    3. Strategic Combat

Kensei (11 AP)
    • Kensei Focus: Crossbows, Spiritual Bond, Strike with No Thought
    1. Extra Action Boost III, Weapon Group Specialization

Thief-Acrobat (3 AP)
    • Staff Control
    1. Fast Movement

Human (1 AP)
    • Damage Boost

Leveling Guide
    1. Hum0 Damage Boost; Mec0 Arbalester; Hrp0 Agent of Good I; Hrp1 Harper Enchantment
    2. Hrp1 Strategic Combat; Hrp2 Know the Angles I, II
    3. Hrp2 Know the Angles III; Hrp0 Intelligence
    4. Hrp3 Strategic Combat; BE0 Battle Engineer; BE1 Crossbow Training
    5. BE1 Field Engineer I, II; BE2 Crossbow Training
    6. BE0 Infused Weapons; BE1 Field Engineer III; BE1 Thaumaturgical Conduits I
    7. BE3 Crossbow Training; BE1 Thaumaturgical Conduits II, III
    8. BE2 Extra Action Boost I, II
    9. BE2 Extra Action Boost III; BE4 Crossbow Training
    10. BE4 Endless Fusilade; Ken0 Kensei Focus: Crossbows; Ken1 Extra Action Boost I
    11. Ken1 Extra Action Boost II, III
    12. Reset Trees
    • Human: Damage Boost
    • Battle Engineer: Battle Engineer, Infused Weapons
    3. Crossbow Training
    4. Crossbow Training, Endless Fusilade
    • Mechanic: Arbalester, Tanglefoot, Targeting Sights
    1. Sharpshooter, Mechanics III
    4. Sharpshooter, Fletching II
    13. Mec4 Fletching III; Mec4 Intelligence; Mec1 Lacerating Shots I
    14. Mec1 Lacerating Shots II, III; Mec5 Mechanical Reloader
    15. Mec5 Sniper; Mec5 Sharpshooter
    16. Mec5 Rapid Fire I, II, III; Ken0 Kensei Focus: Crossbows
    17. Ken1 Extra Action Boost I, II
    18. Ken0 Spiritual Bond; Ken1 Extra Action Boost III
    19. Ken1 Weapon Group Specialization; Ken0 Strike with No Thought; TA0 Staff Control
    20. TA1 Fast Movement; BE4 Agility Engine I, II
    Last edited by Sproutecus; 06-21-2018 at 07:22 AM.

And the reason to spend 92 AP is...????? XD
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    And the reason to spend 92 AP is...????? XD

The 92 AP is an artifact of the planner. When you reset out of harper at 12, all those get pushed into Mech. But the planner still shows them as taken. The AP taken at 20 is 80 (+1 for me for my 1 racial AP) (Ill edit the post for clarity.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sproutecus View Post
    Spells

Artificer
    1. Admixture: Cure Light Wounds*, Conjure Bolts*, Enchant Weapons*
    2. Insightful Strikes, Byeshk Weapons

Leveling Guide
    1. Hum0 Damage Boost; Mec0 Arbalester; Hrp0 Agent of Good I; Hrp1 Harper Enchantment
    2. Hrp1 Strategic Combat; Hrp2 Know the Angles I, II
    3. Hrp2 Know the Angles III; Hrp0 Intelligence
    4. Hrp3 Strategic Combat; BE0 Battle Engineer; BE1 Crossbow Training
    5. BE1 Field Engineer I, II; BE2 Crossbow Training
    6. BE0 Infused Weapons; BE1 Field Engineer III; BE1 Thaumaturgical Conduits I
    7. BE3 Crossbow Training; BE1 Thaumaturgical Conduits II, III
    8. BE2 Extra Action Boost I, II
    9. BE2 Extra Action Boost III; BE4 Crossbow Training
    10. BE4 Endless Fusilade; Ken0 Kensei Focus: Crossbows; Ken1 Extra Action Boost I
    11. Ken1 Extra Action Boost II, III
    12. Reset Trees
    • Human: Damage Boost
    • Battle Engineer: Battle Engineer, Infused Weapons
    3. Crossbow Training
    4. Crossbow Training, Endless Fusilade
    • Mechanic: Arbalester, Tanglefoot, Targeting Sights
    1. Sharpshooter, Mechanics III
    4. Sharpshooter, Fletching II
    13. Mec4 Fletching III; Mec4 Intelligence; Mec1 Lacerating Shots I
    14. Mec1 Lacerating Shots II, III; Mec5 Mechanical Reloader
    15. Mec5 Sniper; Mec5 Sharpshooter
    16. Mec5 Rapid Fire I, II, III; Ken0 Kensei Focus: Crossbows
    17. Ken1 Extra Action Boost I, II
    18. Ken0 Spiritual Bond; Ken1 Extra Action Boost III
    19. Ken1 Weapon Group Specialization; Ken0 Strike with No Thought; TA0 Staff Control
    20. TA1 Fast Movement; BE4 Agility Engine I, II
    Loving the build so far, thanks for the leveling break-out. Quick question for you, hoping to get a better understanding of the intent/theory behind a decision:

1. At level 12 you reset all enhancement trees but never dip back in to Harper for Know the Angles. Is it not worth the AP cost? At level 12 with a 40+ INT that seems like quite a reduction in damage output.

Thanks in advance! This build is just ridiculous, I don't play anything over R3 but almost everything is a walk in the park.

Re-did the first post.

What to twist?

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    What to twist?
    At 30 im using meld into darkness, otto’s whistler, pin, and cocoon.

Community Member

So it seems haste is affecting firing speed at 2/3 of 15%= 10% net, and mech T5 30% alacrity is affecting reload speed at 1/3 of 30% = 10% net.

The 30% action boost affects firing speed at 2/3 = 20% net.

Is it haste only or ranged alacrity that stacks with mech T5?
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-29-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast