Community Manager

Default Crystal Cove Encore

Crystal Cove is back for an encore, now through September 19th! Guide: http://www.ddo.com/en/treasure-crystal-cove-guide
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

and here i was kinda hoping night revels was going to be on and someone flicked the wrong switch lol...

any hints yet as to when that's starting? and the revamped mimic hunt?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyata View Post
    and here i was kinda hoping night revels was going to be on and someone flicked the wrong switch lol...

mimic hunt - the new rewards and stuff will be deployed to live servers in update 36 patch 2 (probably at the end of september). mimic hunt can start soon after.

Can I assume the there are still no Level 28 items, yet?

Cove is always up for international talk like a pirate day.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Hooray. More lag piled on top of the already more noticeable lag since the last update/hotfix.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Thanks!

I had hoped for an encore. It's not as long as I had hoped for, but one can't always have everything.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Community Member

It would be nice if they ever get some new gear for the cove.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Is any of the gear actually relevant right now?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    The level 24 Spyglass is working great for my Artificer.

Thank you!

For an established player with an established character and Cannith Crafting, very probably not. For a new player/casual player/new character/player without Cannith Crafting, definitely.

I will make some Tier I Spyglasses and Smallblades for storage characters I rarely use. Some time ago Cordovan said the developers want to update Crystal Cove loot. With the painful sting of the Cannith Challenge equipment upgrade still fresh on my mind, I will only make Tier I Cove items. Having to replace all my existing Tier III Cove stuff will seriously suck. There is no way I am making more.

Unfortunately, the developers rarely commit to anything in advance creating an atmosphere of uncertainty, distrust, and hopelessness. I so much want to trust them but burns take a long time to heal.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Night Revels will undoubtedly be sometime in October, given the Halloween theme. I'd wager either the two weeks before Halloween, or the week before & after.

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Unfortunately, the developers rarely commit to anything in advance creating an atmosphere of uncertainty, distrust, and hopelessness. I so much want to trust them but burns take a long time to heal.
    They rarely commit because of how often they've been burned by even mentioning tentative plans & timelines, and then having to change them for various reasons, and players going "BUT YOU SAID...!"
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yes!

There definately is. I use the L24 Spyglass allot.

And there are others. I'm using this for lowbie Reaper farming ATM:

Side note, I play on all 8 servers and my main account has 21 charecter slots. On my main, I've only farmed out all the Cove gear on 2 servers.

Cove has lots to still offer me. Would be great if the items went to 28 or 30.

Plus I enjoy running and the group teamwork.

I’ve already made all the stuff I need, but here are some items I use in the current Heroic Reaper metagame:

- Greater Stalwart Trinket: I use this from levels 4-7 unless I have an Ioun stone that matches the main stat on my character.
    - Treasure Hunter’s Spyglass (Tier 3, Level 16): Is still a great item for Artificers and Mechanics.
    - Greater Gem of Ocean’s Wind: Cause, Air Elementals are kinda useful at level 4.

But, yes, they really need to freshen this loot up.
    - Update stats of old loots.
    - Level 28 versions of all the loots.
    - Recipes made that detect the upgrade status, strip out all the old effects, and add all the new effects. (Perhaps as a way to use up all those Gold Doubloons?)
    - The hats, should be made cosmetic. (And, at the very least, allow us to add the kobold buffs to cosmetics.)
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I’ve already made all the stuff I need, but here are some items I use in the current Heroic Reaper metagame:

- Greater Stalwart Trinket: I use this from levels 4-7 unless I have an Ioun stone that matches the main stat on my character.
    - Treasure Hunter’s Spyglass (Tier 3, Level 16): Is still a great item for Artificers and Mechanics.
    - Greater Gem of Ocean’s Wind: Cause, Air Elementals are kinda useful at level 4.

But, yes, they really need to freshen this loot up.
    - Update stats of old loots.
    - Level 28 versions of all the loots.
    The Jolly Roger Bombs are awesome. Who doesn't like a ML5 CL10 Slay Living grenade? My only complaint would be that it seems to be claiming that it is an AOE effect, but I've never had it kill anything other than the target no matter how close they are to other potential targets.

Likewise for the Greater Vial of Seafog. ML5 Solid Fog bombs for -5 Reflex saves? Awesome. Maybe not for everyone, but for the right build it is just fantastic.

All of the trinkets are worthwhile as they provide some unique benefits that Cannith Crafting cannot.

The other permanent items themselves are so-so, given that new random loot and updated Cannith Crafting have made their effects in most cases obsolete and able to be trivially surpassed with other items. So your "Update stats of old loots" bullet point has a lot of merit, and of course scaling them to level 28 would also enhance their relevance.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    - The hats, should be made cosmetic. (And, at the very least, allow us to add the kobold buffs to cosmetics.)
    already ... I'm so disappointed with this thing that the hats are not cosmetic, but at least I have made 3 hats that I will keep in mind and in the near future use the mirror to turn them into cosmetics ... I know it will take time. .. at least I will have piratical cosmetics.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"