Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Yes, was there anything in the release notes? I don't recall seeing anything recently.
    That would be the logical place to note a major change in a popular augment?
    I don't mind the change, would just have been nice to know about it.
    I think it's still uncertain if this 100% proc every 30 seconds is actually WAI. I haven't seen a dev specify whether or not this is now how it is going to work, so perhaps some "coding got mixed in a shuffle of things" or something beyond our knowledge. Steelstar did say he was going to look into the augment so I guess we will see what officially happens to it, until then however, this is how it works :/

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

id prefer they just increase the heal while maintaining the current function, instead of encouraging stacking the same aug over and over.
    You are but a lamb, ignorant of your own ignorance. You no longer interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by the_one_dwarfforged View Post
    id prefer they just increase the heal while maintaining the current function, instead of encouraging stacking the same aug over and over.
    You can increase the heal by increasing your own amp, just fyi

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    They do not stack.

They are separate 2% chances.

More than one can proc at the same time.
    Pretty sure that's what people mean when they say "stack". There are different ways of stacking (additive, multiplicative, etc.). The essential point is that when things stack, there's value in using them together, rather than being totally redundant/overlapping. People want to know if there's value in slotting multiple Golem Hearts, i.e. "do they stack?" If the answer to that is yes, then a potential follow-up question is "how do they stack?"

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    They do not stack.

They are separate 2% chances.

More than one can proc at the same time.
    This is completely incorrect on every level...sorry....watch the actual video maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggle View Post
    Yes, I know this very well may already be known, but at least on the server I play on, it's pretty split.

Click HERE

Hope this helps!
    Then again, I could be (and most likely am), very wrong .

Edit: Yes I was wrong and left that part of my message while eliminating the rest.
    Last edited by AbyssalMage; 10-07-2015 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Teaches me for not watching all 9 minutes :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Community Member

Default sunburst

i think sunburst, at least the version on shields was also nerfed to 30 sec certain proc, not sure about other sources.
    When someone ignorant or prejudiced gives their honest opinion that opinion is of no greater value.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggle View Post
    I think it's still uncertain if this 100% proc every 30 seconds is actually WAI. I haven't seen a dev specify whether or not this is now how it is going to work, so perhaps some "coding got mixed in a shuffle of things" or something beyond our knowledge. Steelstar did say he was going to look into the augment so I guess we will see what officially happens to it, until then however, this is how it works :/
    Here's the breakdown:
    - The 30 second cooldown on the effects of Golem's Heart has always been there. I don't know why it wasn't stated in the tooltip at the time, but it will be in the next patch.
    - The 100%-chance-to-proc when that cooldown isn't running is not WAI, it was left behind when testing a bugfix earlier this year. It is set back to 2% in the next patch.
    - Multiple Golem's Hearts will provide additional 2% chances to proc, meaning you're more likely to get it to proc faster after the 30 second cooldown ends.
    - The tooltips for the item and the effect have been clarified to give a closer description of how the augment works.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Here's the breakdown:
    - The 30 second cooldown on the effects of Golem's Heart has always been there. I don't know why it wasn't stated in the tooltip at the time, but it will be in the next patch.
    - The 100%-chance-to-proc when that cooldown isn't running is not WAI, it was left behind when testing a bugfix earlier this year. It is set back to 2% in the next patch.
    - Multiple Golem's Hearts will provide additional 2% chances to proc, meaning you're more likely to get it to proc faster after the 30 second cooldown ends.
    - The tooltips for the item and the effect have been clarified to give a closer description of how the augment works.
    Thanks for the clarification. But when will this happen. Next patch, next year, some time in the future...

One of the negative aspects of DDO is the huge number of unintuitive, outdated and sometimes not WAI features.

I get that every dev team inherits the crab of the previous one, but it really gives a terrible impression.

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. But when will this happen. Next patch, next year, some time in the future...
    U28p1 is the current plan. It was in last week's Lamannia build.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Thumbs up

U28p1 is the current plan. It was in last week's Lamannia build.
    That, sir, earned you some forum reputation.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Here's the breakdown:
    Also thx for the clarification and the heads up on what's to come.
    I for one hope the 30 seconds cooldown gets removed instead of the tooltip text added.
    For how hard it is to get one, a 98% downgrade does not do it any justice.
    This change made it from a nice-to-have to why-waste-a-slot, unslotting is kinda expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    I for one hope the 30 seconds cooldown gets removed instead of the tooltip text added.
    This change made it from a nice-to-have to why-waste-a-slot, unslotting is kinda expensive.
    +1

I kind of like the effect and I don't find overpowered. I hope the 30 secs cool down does not stay. If it doesn't change, well it is a somehow marginal effect then. I like some randomness and big effects, personally, and I'd hate to see it go the way of crushing wave guard.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    +1

I kind of like the effect and I don't find overpowered. I hope the 30 secs cool down does not stay. If it doesn't change, well it is a somehow marginal effect then. I like some randomness and big effects, personally, and I'd hate to see it go the way of crushing wave guard.
    Like I said, the 30 second cooldown has always been there; this functionality fix puts the Augment back to the way it worked from U20 to U24p1 (minus some triggering bugs that were fixed in that same patch), which is where we intend it to be at this time.

Like I said, the 30 second cooldown has always been there; this functionality fix puts the Augment back to the way it worked from U20 to U24p1 (minus some triggering bugs that were fixed in that same patch), which is where we intend it to be at this time.
    Yes you were clear. It is just that the history of the golem's heart has been full of unintended effects (ehem ehem triggering issues) that have made it more popular than it would have been otherwise.

Frankly a 30 seconds cool down might have been intended (although as far as I recall was never in the description), but at a 2% chance AND a 30 seconds cool down the triggering will be rather mediocre.

To be clear, this means you need to be hit 50 times to expect one proc, and in order to remain as "powerful" as it is now this means getting hit 50 times in one second and be lucky to be on expectation right after the cool down goes off. Clearly it is not realistic and we can expect a lot less procs. Now it was upwards of 200 healing every 30 seconds for my build, I wouldn't call that massively powerful. After the fix, I'll call it mediocre.

One of the problems that I have seen with all the new augments that you introduced in the game is that they have not withstood well power creep (even though they were designed to go up with min level). At the end of the day, the expected damage from the procs is rather small compared to other sources of damage. Personally, if it has to proc so little, I'd like it to be a massive effect, not a drop in the ocean.

Some of the new augments were a cool customization tool. I don't think they are relevant anymore, for the most part.

We'll take a look at this augment, thanks.
    Would be nice to get some clarification here...
    was a ninja stealth change made without comment in the release notes resulting in the augment being changed without updating the description?

Description:
    Golem's Heart?Minimum Level: 28
    Double-click to upgrade an item to allow a 2% chance on your being hit to heal you for 20 to 120 Hit Points and deal 50 to 300 Electric damage to your surrounding enemies.
    This augment can go in a Blue, Green, or Purple Augment Slot.

other Note of interest:
    When triggered during combat, it will provide healing for all 3 possible player Racial types: Undead (Negative energy), Warforged/Bladeforged (Repair energy) and Living (Positive Energy). However, only the type that matches your current or most recent Racial type will actually heal you when triggered.

Here's the breakdown:
    This is in conflict with what players have experienced using the Golem's hearts
    It was procc'ing regularly and more often than every 30 seconds, when I tried it recently it was hardly procc'ing at all, which made it seem like the 30 second thing was new.

ultimately it appears that Golem's hearts are no longer what they are cracked up to be and having more than 1 (if even that) is pointless now.
    2% every 30 seconds for a 20-120hp cure on a level 28 augment.. is a pretty sad result.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 10-07-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Here's the breakdown:
    I agree with others, the combination of a 30 second cooldown and 2% proc chance makes this augment next to useless. The fact that slotting multiples increases the proc chance doesn't make a difference because it's still a mediocre heal effect with a very long cooldown and therefore not worth taking up multiple slots with it.

And while augment slots are quite plentiful these days, I'd probably rather leave some slots empty instead of fill them with golem's hearts that I would eventually have to use jeweler's tool kits on after a new update invalidates my gear set and I have to reslot a bunch of stuff.

Just get rid of the cooldown, don't have them stack, and leave the 2% proc chance. This would not make them OP in any way (it's still a mediocre heal effect, considering the amount of damage one takes in upper level EEs), but still useful enough to be worth a slot. If it stays the way you describe, I probably won't even bother slotting a single one.

You all have been putting cooldowns on a lot of gear effects (e.g. blinding fear on Thunder-Forged) in recent updates and I don't understand why. The abilities are not OP to begin with and the cooldown just makes them nearly useless. Please stop putting cooldowns on gear effects.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 10-07-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    You all have been putting cooldowns on a lot of gear effects (e.g. blinding fear on Thunder-Forged) in recent updates and I don't understand why. The abilities are not OP to begin with and the cooldown just makes them nearly useless. Please stop putting cooldowns on gear effects.
    Except perhaps on mortal fear?

I honestly don't even see the need of not allowing them to stack (that is, roll independent dice rolls). Suppose you slot 4 hearts.

This means that the chance that at NON procs is: .98^4=0.9223682.

That means that the chance of at least one proccing on hit is less than 8%.

So you get one proc on less than 10 hits. For it to heal say 50% of incoming damage the hits would have had to hit (at a 200 heal effect) for a total of 400. That is 40 damage per hit.

So it really isn't that big a deal.

(Yes you could play around saying what if multiple trigger at once and what not, but that's a slim chance and I am not going to go through all the trouble).

I agree with others, the combination of a 30 second cooldown and 2% proc chance makes this augment next to useless. The fact that slotting multiples increases the proc chance doesn't make a difference because it's still a mediocre heal effect with a very long cooldown and therefore not worth taking up multiple slots with it.

And while augment slots are quite plentiful these days, I'd probably rather leave some slots empty instead of fill them with golem's hearts that I would eventually have to use jeweler's tool kits on after a new update invalidates my gear set and I have to reslot a bunch of stuff.

Just get rid of the cooldown, don't have them stack, and leave the 2% proc chance. This would not make them OP in any way (it's still a mediocre heal effect, considering the amount of damage one takes in upper level EEs), but still useful enough to be worth a slot. If it stays the way you describe, I probably won't even bother slotting a single one.

The lack of transparency is the issue I have.

Changes are being made behind the scenes to add cooldowns where there were none before and the descriptions and release notes are not being updated to reflect these ninja stealth changes.
    its only by players coming to the forums questioning whether these things are broken is it coming to light that these changes have been made if they even get a response.

~Dev's~ you need to get your 'x' together and update descriptions and release notes to reflect changes you are making in game. Transparency of late has become very opaque.
    I realize you may not enjoy the backlash of making these changes, but if they are necessary we will just have to deal. secretly or unknowingly having changes made just pizzes us off even more and makes you look like sneaky liars. Which I am sure is not the case, I am sure you are doing your best to improve the game, but you do need to be upfront about changes you make.
    ~and for crying out loud.. update the descriptions.. players rely on the accuracy of descriptions of items to actually reflect what the items do.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 10-07-2015 at 09:07 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

Default Lag reduction?

You all have been putting cooldowns on a lot of gear effects (e.g. blinding fear on Thunder-Forged) in recent updates and I don't understand why.
    An attempt to reduce potential sources of lag?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast