Default Spell Power Potion question

I was wondering about this for a while now and the wiki seems a bit outdated, so I'll ask here...

Where can you get Spellpower potions of Superior x? (the +25 spellpower ones)

I know so far:
    Inferno, Spark, Efficacy, Mending -> Object Desire in House Phiarlan
    Ardor, Nihil -> House of Wizardry in House Jorasco

Are there any superior potion vendors for Freeze, Erosion, Cacophony, Brilliance and Impact?
    I can't seem to find any.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

All the mentioned ones are all in House Jorasco in the House of Wizadry, no need to go to House Phiarlian.

In the House of Wizadry there are potions of Superior:

Ardor
    Freeze
    Inferno
    Mending
    Nihil
    Spark
    Efficacy.

I honestly don't think anyone sells any potion of Superior of Erosion, Cacophony, Brilliance and Impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

We had brilliance as remnant turn in if i remember correct

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    All the mentioned ones are all in House Jorasco in the House of Wizadry, no need to go to House Phiarlian.

In the House of Wizadry there are potions of Superior:

Ardor
    Freeze
    Inferno
    Mending
    Nihil
    Spark
    Efficacy.
    That's what the wiki says, but ingame I only see him sell greater potions, not superior, for all except ardor and nihil.

I buy potions of greater X (+20 spellpower) in the portable hole. Spellpower +25 is from comms of valor, but they are universal spellpower. I don't remember about superior potions. I use comms of valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    I buy potions of greater X (+20 spellpower) in the portable hole. Spellpower +25 is from comms of valor, but they are universal spellpower. I don't remember about superior potions. I use comms of valor.
    Comms of valor potions fully stack with spellpower potions, albeit both saying alchemical bonus.

ty, eth, i didn't know this. very useful.

ah, i remember now! superior potions are in liquid charm, in kundarak. Near of AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    That's what the wiki says, but ingame I only see him sell greater potions, not superior, for all except ardor and nihil.
    Thats because those potions only show up for true Sorcerers.

Also you need house J favors to unlock them.

Thats because those potions only show up for true Sorcerers.
    Still an apprentice, sorry.

Also you need house J favors to unlock them.
    Well, that would explain the problem then, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to collecting favor rewards, tyvm.

Still an apprentice, sorry.

Well, that would explain the problem then, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to collecting favor rewards, tyvm.
    I don't think it is explained anywhere or even House J patron will tell you that. I found out by mistake.

Community Member

Comms of valor potions fully stack with spellpower potions, albeit both saying alchemical bonus.
    And this is WAI?
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

I know they sell spell power pots in Meridia, but I'm not sure how strong they are.

I think you can get superior potions by trading comms for them in eveningstar, not sure though.

Community Member

I was wondering about this for a while now and the wiki seems a bit outdated, so I'll ask here...

Where can you get Spellpower potions of Superior x? (the +25 spellpower ones)

I know so far:
    Inferno, Spark, Efficacy, Mending -> Object Desire in House Phiarlan
    Ardor, Nihil -> House of Wizardry in House Jorasco

Are there any superior potion vendors for Freeze, Erosion, Cacophony, Brilliance and Impact?
    I can't seem to find any.
    They are bugged.

On my Sorc I can get any and all potions from House P.
    On my FVS none of the Superior portions (except Ardor) show up anywhere. Best I can get is Greater.
    On my Pally I can get any potion from House P too.

It started when they changed them (I think when the updated them to spellpower) quite some time ago. I usually just buy a bunch on my Sorc and pass them around. I've put in 2 bug reports w/ SS's over the past year and then just gave up.

You don't see those because of the way the original potions were converter in the great lootbane of MotU, when they introduced spellpower.

Back at that time, force power only affected spells with force damage (not untyped), thus the most powerful spell that could benefit from Impact was Force Missile, and it is a level 4 spell. So it was a Superior Impact IV potion, while anything with a level 6+ spell was a Superior whatever VI potion. You can continue this logic thinking to remember that Light was limited to level 3 (Searing Light), acid to level 4 (Acid Rain, because acid fog deal negligible damage), and sonic to level 2 (Soundburst, Shout was added later and the potions never updated)

When they added the spellpower mechanic, those potions were just directly converted. The level 1 was +5, level 2 +10, level 3 +15, level 4 +20, level 5 and above +25.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

This came up for me recently and I ended up checking it out with a friend a we determined that in order to be able to see and purchase Greater and Superior 'x' pots other than Ardor and Nihil a character has to have completed the quest Thrall of the Necromancer. There appear to be no class or level restrictions, or base favor in Jorasco or any other house. Also, this applies to Liquid Charm in House K.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten