Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Exactly what player feedback on Anaurock?

Common man! let's have some surveys...

I might even go as far as to have an in game survey on log in for such things. In that case every active player gets a voice ...

This is one of the best suggestions I have read on these forums in years! IT geeks are all about the data, and an in-game survey mechanism should be child's play to create and implement. Give ALL players the option of providing feed back, then give us the results. You could have something as simple an optional survey available at the end of every quest, asking players to rate it on a scale (1-5?), with an option to turn the survey off for all quests if they don't want to be bothered. Then we could see how players really feel about a quest, not just if they are zerging it for XP. My initial impression was that the "player council" was a means for that, but I for one, have no idea who these folks are, what they are being asked, or what they are saying.

Brilliant, just brilliant...and if you are not on the player council, you should be...

Quote Originally Posted by old-school View Post
    This is one of the best suggestions I have read on these forums in years! IT geeks are all about the data, and an in-game survey mechanism should be child's play to create and implement. Give ALL players the option of providing feed back, then give us the results. You could have something as simple an optional survey available at the end of every quest, asking players to rate it on a scale (1-5?), with an option to turn the survey off for all quests if they don't want to be bothered. Then we could see how players really feel about a quest, not just if they are zerging it for XP. My initial impression was that the "player council" was a means for that, but I for one, have no idea who these folks are, what they are being asked, or what they are saying.

Brilliant, just brilliant...and if you are not on the player council, you should be...
    Any normal company has a customer feedback form. Turbine may not have anyone to read the results, however.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    ,,,,,We expect these to be something you’ll see in the first half of 2015. We’re pushing out the level cap for now to make sure we have plenty of questing to support your journey through the highest levels of DDO. Hitting level 30 will be a big milestone for DDO, and we want to put it out when the timing is right, and make sure its design keeps up with the way you, the players want to play DDO. ,,,

Cheers!
    Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters
    Franchise Director – Dungeons & Dragons Online
    There seems to still be some confusion (due to DDO Wiki not being updated in the under development page).
    The level cap is NOT being increased this December.

Sometime in 2015 would be likely but not guaranteed as per the above quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    For the love of god, no more furniture excort quests! Who exactly was saying those are the favorites??
    That only happened once. -_-;

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Another link

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    You guys are great! I'm really excited about this new content. I think the majority of players enjoy the Xoriat quests, which is among the best content in Eberron.

Hopefully, the Temple of Elemental Evil quest will contain at least one sly reference to its video game predecessor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tem...l_(video_game)

I do hope that Anauroch gets done at the end of 2015 or in 2016. That area would build on the Netherese story arc and would be a welcome addition to the Forgotten Realms content.
    Here is another link with more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tem...Elemental_Evil

I haven't tried the video game, but am excited the module is coming to DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Here is another link with more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tem...Elemental_Evil

I haven't tried the video game, but am excited the module is coming to DDO!

I'm considering buying the video game just because of this announcement. It is currently $2.39 on http://www.gog.com/game/the_temple_of_elemental_evil
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread that TOEE might HAVE to be in Greyhawk. Where would the quest be placed in the Forgotten Realms and still have accurate lore for that part of the DDO World? Turbine and WoTC don't want to mess up their Forgotten Realms campaign area with inaccuracies as everything has been lore appropriate so far.
    or add "Temple of Elemental Evil" to one of the planescaller option. technically, Greyhawk isn't just a plane but couldn't the planescaller just be a supergenius who spent too much time hanging out near the Demonweb portal in Khyber? and when pressed about it, just have him say "No time to explain..." and start the quest.

ToEE?????

Right when I'm about to quit, you lure me back in... :P

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    or add "Temple of Elemental Evil" to one of the planescaller option. technically, Greyhawk isn't just a plane but couldn't the planescaller just be a supergenius who spent too much time hanging out near the Demonweb portal in Khyber? and when pressed about it, just have him say "No time to explain..." and start the quest.
    Putting a door to TOEE in the Hall of Heroes would set the precedent for further campaign worlds being added to DDO like Ravenloft ('The Demiplane of Dread'), Spelljammers, Planescape, etc. with the Hall of Heroes as the Hub to the Planes. Making the entrance to Greyhawk an option from the Shavarath Planescaller in The Tower of the Twelve is also a possibility, but just not as good as the others. Whatever the devs decide to do for TOEE, just don't put the quest in the Forgotten Realms!

TOEE=goodness
    Xoriat=manure

Would have preferred TOEE and Anauroch. Heart of madness I will not buy.

QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    I was saving TP to buy update 24's pack....now I know I can save them a little longer until update 25.

Xoriat really? I think you have the data wrong. They are probably the least favorite quests, and only run for xp/min on the ones you can invis zerg.

I always skip them unless I really need xp at those levels.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 11-12-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Sorry Uska. One players prejudice against all things realms doe not equate to feedback representative of the player base.
    Its feedback from me and those others who cant stand subpar D&D and I am not the only player even in this thread and before that didn't want realms or at least not another desert
    Last edited by Uska; 11-12-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Putting a door to TOEE in the Hall of Heroes would set the precedent for further campaign worlds being added to DDO like Ravenloft ('The Demiplane of Dread'), Spelljammers, Planescape, etc. with the Hall of Heroes as the Hub to the Planes. Making the entrance to Greyhawk an option from the Shavarath Planescaller in The Tower of the Twelve is also a possibility, but just not as good as the others. Whatever the devs decide to do for TOEE, just don't put the quest in the Forgotten Realms!
    This

Beware the Sleepeater

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Xoriat, meh. Not that exciting to me.

ToEE... the potential is there, but I really hope its not another time sink like HH. I would much rather see it broken up into a few quests rather than a whole bunch of optionals.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Its feedback from me and those others who cant stand subpar D&D
    You saying yourself and some of your freinds are to blame for us getting "heart of madness" instead of anauroch?
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    You saying yourself and some of your freinds are to blame for us getting "heart of madness" instead of anauroch?
    No I would have railed against that as well but if it was a choice between any realms content and that I would choose heart of madness and just not play it. Yes I hate the realms that much if the game had started there I wouldn't have played it.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No I would have railed against that as well but if it was a choice between any realms content and that I would choose heart of madness and just not play it. Yes I hate the realms that much if the game had started there I wouldn't have played it.
    So even though you would not play heart of madness you would have pushed for that over content others would enjoy just to be spiteful.

Gotcha.

To each their own I guess.

Thanks for the update, and my thoughts are:
    1) More Xoriat themed quests? Boooo! That's really disheartening I hate the Xoriat themed stuff and avoid them all as best I can.
    2) The Eveningstar quest sounds cool, and I'm looking forward to checking it out.
    3) Temple of Elemental Evil?!?!?!?! That is AWESOME!!!! Please go straight to update 25 and skip update 24 if you can.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Some additional info:

~ The Xoriat dungeons are all new content.

~ The Temple of Elemental Evil, as a classic dungeon set in another world, with be accessed magically and directly. The epic version will be level 30, and the heroic version will start at level 7 as the original was level 1-8.

~ We won't be creating the villages as part of the Temple of Elemental Evil. Yes, it makes us sad as well. Our estimates of the time it would take to run that pre-content was very low, and the development time estimates were so high we didn't feel that the additional play experience would be worth pushing the update out by months.

Instead players will get right to the heart of the adventure.

~ The Temple is very large, and we want players to have a reason to explore it even on subsequent runs. We want to find a fun system to reward exploring the temple rather than just running the most efficient path to finish the quests, and plan on having some rewarding optional objectives that randomly spawn and give out good XP and treasure.

Sev~

Some additional info:

~ The Temple of Elemental Evil, as a classic dungeon set in another world, with be accessed magically and directly. The epic version will be level 30, and the heroic version will start at level 7 as the original was level 1-8.

~ We won't be creating the villages as part of the Temple of Elemental Evil. Yes, it makes us sad as well. Our estimates of the time it would take to run that pre-content was very low, and the development time estimates were so high we didn't feel that the additional play experience would be worth pushing the update out by months.

~ The Temple is very large, and we want players to have a reason to explore it even on subsequent runs. We want to find a fun system to reward exploring the temple rather than just running the most efficient path to finish the quests, and plan on having some rewarding optional objectives that randomly spawn and give out good XP and treasure.

Sev~
    Thank you for the additional information on these updates. I'm glad that TOEE will be in Greyhawk, with the appropriate lore, even if there is nothing around the Temple. DDO should advertise the TOEE adventure pack like a mini-paid expansion: "Greyhawk comes to Dungeons and Dragons Online!" I'm just happy that everything will be lore appropriate.

If more Greyhawk content is added in the future, I hope that the devs take the time to create the Village of Hommlet as the beginning area for a small Greyhawk world and otherwise make an accurate Greyhawk section of the game.

Community Member

Some additional info:

Sev~
    The current Xoriat quests in game are some of the most difficult in all of DDO. I really hope the new back follows this same route. Throw us a bone and make it challenging. Especially with this further announcement that seems to point to ToEE being aimed at casuals.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast