Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Do people actually read the OP before posting or do they stop at the title?
    To be fair I didn't see your post say that until you did you edit to make that part red or edit in not sure which was the case in any case he posted before you did either. My guildies were talking about that and the only place where we have heard of +6's was gold rolls and were wondering if they were on the loot table, they were doing end level content with loot gems and game loot boost and saw no sign of +6 tomes or 5-6 upgrade tomes.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    This is during +1 loot bonus ( 13 - 21 st March ), EH Haunted Halls, no loot gems again, so chest level 30.
    It makes no sense It almost looks like chest loot tables were broken since Shadowfell release until now.
    Lvl 27 were needed before Shadowfell for +4 I think ( EH Wizking+2 gem+2 bonus or EE Highroad+2 gem for example ).
    When MotU came out, Feather_of_Sun wrote that he had updated the loot tables to move +4 tomes from lvl 31 chests (where they would appear "per formula") to lvl 27. Then, when skill tomes came out around U18 and were added to the loot tables, +4 tomes disappeared completely. Lvl 27 chests had +3s, lvl 32 chests had +3s...+4s were just gone.
    Starting with U21, +4s are back in the loot lists, but now we just have to understand where.

I personally have gotten +3s from a lvl 30 and +4s from a lvl 31, so I was pretty sure lvl 31 was the breakpoint of +4s. You getting a +4 (or +4->+5 upgrade) in a lvl 30 chest is very interesting.

I'm not entirely convinced there are +5 tomes lmao. yes yes I know some have gotten them but really they are so rare that they may as well not exist at all.

I think among all the servers we should have seen at least one +6 tomes in an EE Completion by now. I have a feeling that the Devs "forgot" to put the tomes in the loot table and just made them drop in the gold rolls.
    Given how poor the drop rate was for +5s in EE CITW and Demonweb quests, I'm not sure we would have seen it by now if it's the same sort of drop rate on EE only for the two new raids and Haunted Halls Extended Edition - possibly only the dragon chest, even then.

And if it *is* there, but at something like .001% drop rate...does it really matter that it's there? May as well be store only at that point.

Sad thing is, I have yet to even pull a +4 tome. Ever.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    To be fair I didn't see your post say that until you did you edit to make that part red or edit in not sure which was the case in any case he posted before you did either. My guildies were talking about that and the only place where we have heard of +6's was gold rolls and were wondering if they were on the loot table, they were doing end level content with loot gems and game loot boost and saw no sign of +6 tomes or 5-6 upgrade tomes.
    It's the first line in the OP. I usually don't start reading threads from the second sentence. Might be just my "issue", I know. And my edit was just to make it red since obviously some people didn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    Given how poor the drop rate was for +5s in EE CITW and Demonweb quests, I'm not sure we would have seen it by now if it's the same sort of drop rate on EE only for the two new raids and Haunted Halls Extended Edition - possibly only the dragon chest, even then.

And if it *is* there, but at something like .001% drop rate...does it really matter that it's there? May as well be store only at that point.
    It depends. If they drop as often as tomes of fates, then you have a point. However, if they have the same chance of dropping as all the other tomes, then it does matter. It may be the only incentive left to run EE raids beside the challenge of doing them and it gives us powergamers something to strive for.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

It's the first line in the OP. I usually don't start reading threads from the second sentence. Might be just my "issue", I know. And my edit was just to make it red since obviously some people didn't read it.

It depends. If they drop as often as tomes of fates, then you have a point. However, if they have the same chance of dropping as all the other tomes, then it does matter. It may be the only incentive left to run EE raids beside the challenge of doing them and it gives us powergamers something to strive for.
    I figured you did that, a lot of people miss minor details unless something is done to make them stand out its why I didn't remember reading that point the first time I went through people often focus on what they think is the main point and that was +6 tomes so they think anywhere and not just loot. It would be nice to know both points but in the loot table would be more important as that's something people have a chance out without being VIP or buying a gold roll.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Roll a 100 on Gold Daily Dice.

Get an unbound +6 tome.

Someone claims to have done it.
    Well that could be me on another post. Rolled GOLD Dice of "100". BTA. Got a +6 DEX tome.

I have yet to see one linked in chat or anything on Argo. I don't think they drop in game. We would have heard by now. Have not seen any in the trade channels or in the marketplace sections for the forums.

If you did have one unbound it would go for a ton right now. You could trade it for a boat load of donuts i bet!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

When MotU came out, Feather_of_Sun wrote that he had updated the loot tables to move +4 tomes from lvl 31 chests (where they would appear "per formula") to lvl 27. Then, when skill tomes came out around U18 and were added to the loot tables, +4 tomes disappeared completely. Lvl 27 chests had +3s, lvl 32 chests had +3s...+4s were just gone.
    Starting with U21, +4s are back in the loot lists, but now we just have to understand where.

I personally have gotten +3s from a lvl 30 and +4s from a lvl 31, so I was pretty sure lvl 31 was the breakpoint of +4s. You getting a +4 (or +4->+5 upgrade) in a lvl 30 chest is very interesting.
    I got a +4 Dex tome from Agartha in Thunderholme Ruins. +1 gem running; I suppose that might support the treshold of lvl 30 for +4 tomes?
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I got 10,000 XP on my VIP "free" Gold roll this week because of the weekend's double stone XP bonus.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    I got a +4 Dex tome from Agartha in Thunderholme Ruins. +1 gem running; I suppose that might support the treshold of lvl 30 for +4 tomes?
    Yesterday I pulled an upgrade +3 to +4 in Haunted Halls normal with no gem.

Can you please stop replying with your +3/+4 upgrade or with your gold rolls? I'm only interested in your plain +5s and possibly +6s upgrade.

Can you please stop replying with your +3/+4 upgrade or with your gold rolls? I'm only interested in your plain +5s and possibly +6s upgrade.
    I got a two +5 tomes. From 20th CITW rewards. Sometime last year.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I got a two +5 tomes. From 20th CITW rewards. Sometime last year.
    Plain +5s? Interesting. I was thinking, after Encair's report, that his plain +5 meant that +6 upgrade would be avaible now but the fact that you got them last year when +6s where not avaible yet makes me question the avaibility of +6s again.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    I got unbound + 5 Charisma in EH Deathwyrm ( no gems or anything ) so I suppose 5-6 upgrade can drop there too.
    Or maybe main raid chest is higher level, I don't know.

How many +5 drops from EE CITW have we seen? And that raid has been around a while now.
    They tried to be coy about +5 tomes dropping there when MotU first released, too, so it might fit that they have been very hush hush. Especially since we don't have any current loot developers being particularly chatty about the loot appearing in U21 on the boards right now to tempt into dropping some hints. And as I recall the estimate drop rate was something like 1 in 10000 - and it was even lower when it first launched.

I dunno, it still seems *possible* to me that +6s are in the EE loot tables at some absurd rate. But if it's less than 1 in 1000 or so, I'm not sure I care. It doesn't look like they're on the 20th list at all, that's for sure.

I'm certain that +6s aren't in the general loot tables, it would only be in specific loot tables like EE raids. Maybe EE Haunted Halls but I kind of doubt it. Although perhaps towards the end of the year they'd tweak the drop rates up once we can reach lvl 30 and there are (hopefully) more end game raids that have them on the EE list. If they had a somewhat reasonable drop rate it might be a good place to be where we could get +4s and +4->+5 upgrades from high end random loot, +5s from raid loot in general and +6s from EE raid loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Roll a 100 on Gold Daily Dice.

Get an unbound +6 tome.

Someone claims to have done it.
    nah the person who told you that cant be trusted

i rolled a 100 and got a +6 Wis Tome. Its defnetly bound to account

And no i didnt saw yet a Tome droped in new quests

I'm certain that +6s aren't in the general loot tables, it would only be in specific loot tables like EE raids.
    This is accurate. The main end chests (the ones that can produce named loot) in Fire on Thunder Peak and Temple of the Deathwyrm have a chance at high-level Tomes. EN and EH runs can produce +5 Tomes; EE has +5 with a chance at +6.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This is accurate. The main end chests (the ones that can produce named loot) in Fire on Thunder Peak and Temple of the Deathwyrm have a chance at high-level Tomes. EN and EH runs can produce +5 Tomes; EE has +5 with a chance at +6.
    Very nice. Got a reason to run those on EE at least (unless you accidentally forgot to put those in, like happened already some time ago with a different Developer).

Thanks for the answer anyway.

Plain +5s? Interesting. I was thinking, after Encair's report, that his plain +5 meant that +6 upgrade would be avaible now but the fact that you got them last year when +6s where not avaible yet makes me question the avaibility of +6s again.
    They may have been upgrades, it was a while back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast