Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Default The loot and armor

Uhm, so when you made these items and armor, did you build from previous sets of epic armor and weapons? See, most of us have matching dragon armor + helm that gives us a nice set bonus and a nice stat bonus. I am not seeing how these armors make up for the loss of dumping the dragon armor set. The only one I see as perhaps worth the trade-off is for the DR - the others just don't seem like they replace what is being lost.

I will be dropping my Blue Scale for the Caster version (play a Divine Caster)

I also want the Ward Ring for the 2 Slots and that Lantern Ring but need to see which I can squeeze in
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Default An update

Hi everyone. We've asked for - and received - some great (and a great quantity of) feedback on our treasure designs for Update 21. I wanted to share some of the big changes we've made based on your responses this week. This is not the entire list of treasure changes, but probably the most important ones.

Thunder-Forged Weapons
    First of all, you can now craft all base weapon types at the forge. That includes returning thrown weapons!

Second, we reworked nearly all the weapon upgrades that previously had DCs and took the DC out. The one or two that remain are the "DC or half damage" variety.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor
    (Item not found but forged from shadow dragon scales. Costs for base version and upgrade roughly equivalent to first & second tier of Thunderholme forged weapons)

+11 enhancement bonus
    Shade Phase - clicky 20 seconds, 3 uses
    From the Shadows: On being missed in Combat: chance to deal 10-60 Negative Damage to the Attacker
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

A: +3 Profane bonus to Concentration, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs
    B: +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    C: 2d6 Sneak attack damage, +1 profane bonus to reflex saving throws
    D: +3% Profane bonus to double strike, +15% alacrity, +20% ranged alacrity
    E: 30 Dr/EPic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    F: 10% Profane Repair/Rust Amp

Outfits and Robes can take A-B
    Light Armor can take A-C
    Medium Armor can take A-D
    Heavy ARmor cank take A-E
    Docents can take A-C, and also F.

Oh! And the A-F upgrades also add a green augment slot.
    Last edited by DrOctothorpe; 02-27-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Hi everyone. We've asked for - and received - some great (and a great quantity of) feedback on our treasure designs for Update 21. I wanted to share some of the big changes we've made based on your responses this week. This is not the entire list of treasure changes, but probably the most important ones.

Thunder-Forged Weapons
    First of all, you can now craft all base weapon types at the forge. That includes returning thrown weapons!

Second, we reworked nearly all the weapon upgrades that previously had DCs and took the DC out. The one or two that remain are the "DC or half damage" variety.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor
    (Item not found but forged from shadow dragon scales. Costs for base version and upgrade roughly equivalent to first & second tier of Thunderholme forged weapons)

+11 enhancement bonus
    From the Shadows: On being missed in Combat: chance to deal 10-60 Negative Damage to the Attacker
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C

Awesome...this makes a lot more sense and sounds like great gear.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Thunder-Forged Weapons

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C
    Ok, that *sounds* better initially. Thanks for listening! Cheers! Keep up the great work!

P.S. Try if you can manage it *more* communication/posts(when it doesn't take you away from your work). Not to be taken as a criticism though.
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C
    I love the selectable choices. Well done.

+1 Doc#
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Sounds great! Thank you for listening to the player base!

Hi everyone.

Thunder-Forged Weapons

Great!
    Please DOOOOOM!!!!!11111!!!!! early and often.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Thunder-Forged Weapons
    Shiny! Great news

More good news!

Light Armor can take A-C
    Why are 'Forged unable to get the D and E versions?
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Thunder-Forged Weapons

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C

*nignja'ed By dandonk*

Just out of curiosity why are docents only a-c and f? What about d? I completely get E, but with the proliferation of bladeforged and how Turbine built them as pally's, it seems that a little melee boost to help them would not be too much.

Actually I don't see why most types of armor could share them all except E. To exclude them seems trivial. If it's to promote medium & heavy armor tanks again, this won't do it. There are many other things that are needed to shift that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Shiny! Great news
    Why are 'Forged unable to get the D and E versions?
    Unfortunately, "Because Monk". Think the entire point here was keep the strongest bonuses for non-evasion armor only.

Can you add an autogrant mithril body version of D and autogrant adamantine body version of E? This would keep the options open for the appropriate characters.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ailia View Post
    Unfortunately, "Because Monk". Think the entire point here was keep the strongest bonuses for non-evasion armor only.
    Probably true. But it seems an unnecessary limitation of ada body 'forged builds. I would hope that they could build around this, instead of limiting all 'forged.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Sadly, the new armor offers nothing new for docent users, Dragonscale seems to be better in every case for melee due to fortification being "easy" and there being no real offensive options that compare with Black Dragonscale or defensive options better than White.

Thunder-Forged Weapons

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C

This is REALLY REALLY good... Octo, you're my favorite dev now... I especially like how heavier armors get more choices.

Thank you for listening to our feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

First of all, most of these changes sound great. This one right here is confusing. First you require a person to be missed. Fair enough. Even once they are missed, there is only a chance. Ugh. Ok, not so bad if the effect is decent... 10d6 damage. Really? Also, it's negative damage so we could potentially be healing undead mobs when they miss us?

This is another case of an ability that scales very poorly into epic elite just as many of the DC effects did before it. In norm and hard, it's easy enough to get mobs to miss you and the damage is reasonable, though still on the low end for a "chance do deal" type effect. Once we hit EE, players aren't likely to be missed much and even if they are, at 100% chance to proc, the damage would be weak compared to what we're dishing out.

The armor is shaping up to be pretty good. Without the ability it's still good. With the ability, it's still good, but confusing. I guess I don't get what the point is and I especially don't understand the reluctance to have "guard" type effects scale properly into elite content where hp bloat far outpaces guard damage output. Enlighten me to the reason for including this ability please? For guard effects to scale well, could you perhaps either deal a % of the damage dealt to the player back to the mob or deal a % of the mobs hp in damage as a guard effect. Both these types of effects scale based on mob hp and you don't have to be so conservative about a flat amount of damage ruining N and H if it's balanced for E content.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 02-27-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Thunder-Forged Weapons

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C

Thank you for adding throwing weapons to the Thunder-Forged system. And thank you also for making it easy for me to not worry about changing out of my eGH armors. As my mains all have evasion, none of the available upgrades for the Shadowscale armor are worth dropping Black/White Scale for.

Thunder-Forged Weapons

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C

You know I have to ask, but does all weapons include Shields? Because if so I'm totally sending you a gift basket with scotch and bacon.

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    Ghostly
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot

Light Armor can take A-C

This makes more sense in general, however it makes robes fairly useless. (Melee robes are useless and I'd say the caster robes aren't much better. +1 DC in a world where 70+DC is the bench mark is not worth the armor slot).

I understand why you don't want to give robes access to the DR, but 1 tactics DC is a very poor alternative. So either give them access to C or improve A and B.

Most of the base effects are covered already in build gear sets(ghostly, deathblock, fort) and 1 Profane Tactics DC is not on par with even the Eveningstar level 20 robes. So unless you are desperate for the augment slots, the melee robes are not competitive with much lower level armor. I would say for many builds its not even competitive with healing amp/healing amp/guard dragontouched robes.

A&B need more, at the very least give them some better consolidation.

And I'll second that the Docent should have access to everything, or at least add in D.
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 02-27-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

[COLOR=#ffd700]

Nice. This should probably have happened without any feedback from us, but its nice to see it finally get there. Including all types in crafting and avoiding useless DC values are kind of 101 level stuff for itemization. That said, thank you for adjusting it to what it should have been. Now perhaps more than 1-2 of those options can see the light of day. Heres hoping the effects didnt get significantly changed as part of the adjustment, I guess we will see what goes live.

Light Armor can take A-C

Epic failure. This does not address how overly powerful option E will be, and how underpowered the other choices are relative to it (and really, relative to existing dragonscale armor). Especially warforged/bladeforged... those docent options are atrocious. There is virtually no way E won't be nerfed later, leaving the entire setup a waste. I realize some people are happy with this, and great for them. But mechanically this stuff just doesnt hold up to other options for anyone but heavy armor, where its honestly too good the more I consider it. Hey maybe Im wrong, but given what sitting at dr60 will do to running xp through EH, yea. Hope those weapon fixes turn out to be pretty appealing =/

Are WF/BF are being excluded cause of monks. IF so why not have Class Restricted :Monks or Requires : XYZ body feat for WF/BF included with those upgrades.

It Motu docents all over again WF get the short end of the stick.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast