Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Euphonia's Challenge: Treasure of the Crystal Cove has returned!

Crystal Cove is back! The event runs through August 11th. Click here for our official guide to the event!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Yay!!!!

New loot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Meh, everyone be prepared to studder step your way thru the game for the next 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Crystal Cove is back! The event runs through August 11th. Click here for our official guide to the event!
    Will crafting hats be put in the ddo store i cant see any?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Will crafting hats be put in the ddo store i cant see any?
    At least they restarted the servers yesterday. That should reduce the lag for the first maybe even second opening.

Have the shinies been updated for post-level-20?

Community Member

Default Loot Updated???

Any update to the loot????

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default I got your loot right here.

In my opinion CC has some of the most desirable loot. I will post an image of my 2 favorites from CC below. Of course there are many great treasure items worth getting and having. Ignor the critics, because they are a dime a dozen in DDO.

Also, if you have these items it might be worth slotting your Master's Gift into them, so you have the xp bonus equipped all the time without having to switch. Please note the Good Luck on the ring is +2 and your Voice of Master is only +1.

Treasure Hunter

Default Thankl you!

Thank you for having the CC up. I like CC and have lots of fun there. I like the loot as well. I can't wait to get back home to play!

I just checked the barter box. There are no new recipes compared to last time. The loot still caps out at level 20, no new levels to the flask, and no other new items. Feel free to ignore Cove again, everybody.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In my opinion CC has some of the most desirable loot...
    I've got a ton of CC loot, but its pretty meh gear now. Back when the level cap was 20 that was an amazing ring. Now the dex +7 is duplicated in most of my gear sets, the protection 5 is out dated and outclassed by new protection 6 and soon to be protection 8+ items. Good luck is still nice, but can be slotted into a blue slot fairly easily.

The green slot is very nice, but not enough to make the item fit in a level 24 gear set. Its a very nice level 20 ring.

If they upped the proection to 7, upped dex to 8 and added a colorless, it would be a very nice ML 24 consolidation item. I used to build around these, now they are temporary leveling gear. All of the cove gear needs a ML24 upgrade. And some, like the ornamental dagger need a redo to account for changes in the game mechanics.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Treasure Hunter

Default A closer look...

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I've got a ton of CC loot, but its pretty meh gear now. Back when the level cap was 20 that was an amazing ring. Now the dex +7 is duplicated in most of my gear sets, the protection 5 is out dated and outclassed by new protection 6 and soon to be protection 8+ items. Good luck is still nice, but can be slotted into a blue slot fairly easily.

The green slot is very nice, but not enough to make the item fit in a level 24 gear set. Its a very nice level 20 ring.

If they upped the proection to 7, upped dex to 8 and added a colorless, it would be a very nice ML 24 consolidation item. I used to build around these, now they are temporary leveling gear. All of the cove gear needs a ML24 upgrade. And some, like the ornamental dagger need a redo to account for changes in the game mechanics.
    Considering all your gear as a whole these are very viable L24+ items. For example, the +7 dex can be increased with slots on other items. You can mix into your gear Exceptional and Insightful colorless stat augments that will stack on that +7. Furthermore, you might consider a higher level Natural Armor or Physical Resistance, etc. augment. Everyone's build and gear is gong to be different, so not every class will benefit from these.

I equip the ring at L20 and never take it off. Slotting the Master's Gift into the ring frees my trinket slot to for the spyglass to be equipped as my full time trinket item. In the spyglass I put a blue HP augment for more hit points.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Doubloon Exchange????????

Please tell me we will finally have some way of converting one doubloon type to another. Please. At the very least, we need a way to "downgrade" gold doubloons. Please. I have soooooooooooooo many gold doubloons that they are, in effect WORTHLESS (because by the time I get the number of silver and/or copper I need, I'm [almost] GUARANTEED to have enough gold for what I want to do). Please.

Did I say, "please"?
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Please tell me we will finally have some way of converting one doubloon type to another. Please. At the very least, we need a way to "downgrade" gold doubloons. Please. I have soooooooooooooo many gold doubloons that they are, in effect WORTHLESS (because by the time I get the number of silver and/or copper I need, I'm [almost] GUARANTEED to have enough gold for what I want to do). Please.

Did I say, "please"?
    Nope, they still haven't given us anything to do with the piles of useless gold doubloons either. They haven't changed anything at all compared to last time to make it worthwhile.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Community Member

Default Understaffed???

Just to clarify before I get a bit derogatory...I love this game--it's where I dump a ton of my time. That said:

Why would you AGAIN decide not to put any man-hours into this events loot (and nevermind the horrid flask thingy)? This was one of the best events back in the day--the very first challenge created for DDO with some crazy unique loot that a character could be built around or a character could utilized. NOW?...the best this gear can be is levelup gear with very few exceptions. I've made the different levels of just about each piece and really wanted to plan and execute new gear setups with this events lvl24 and lvl28 gear....but yet AGAIN you dumped minimul time into it. Why? I'm not asking that any of the lvl24 or lvl28 gear needs to be better than any other lvl24 or lvl28 gear, just equivalent. Same needs to happen for Mabar.

My best guess and assumption for man hours to implement new lvl 24 and lvl28 gear sets for the CC event = ~200 man hrs.
    My best guess and assumption for man hours to create a new event = ~5000 man hrs.
    My best guess and assumption for why the staff has not put man hrs. into the Cove and Mabar gear sets...either the staff is too lazy or too understaffed or just plain mis-managed.

Serious request from me to the staff...please put some man hours into the gear for these events.

...so here's a 'funny' mockery...just because it may fit with my assumptions:

(proverb) A lazy person will find many excuses to delay working,
    When a lazy donkey is turning a grindstone, it takes a lot of time off for peeing and pooing

Community Member

Looks like once again the mobs in the Cove weren't worked on to register in the Monster Manual. We're closing in on a year since the Monster Manual was added and approximately the same amount of time since the Cove was originally suppose to appear after the first release of the Monster Manuals.

Default Monster Manual still not being updated by Crystal Cove mobs

A while back you put in the release notes that the Half-orcs were no longer being reported as dwarves. But we couldn't verify because Cove had closed when you put the release notes up.

So that's fine, they've been updated now.

But none of the creatures inside the Cove itself that were bug reported as being missing from the Monster Manual have been fixed.

Crystal Cove
    Hobgoblin Raider
    Hobgoblin Opportunist
    Drunken Sorcerer Pirate Aroomba
    Mutinous First Mate Shakra
    Gregoir the Mighty

I've just bug reported these again.

If you want a full list of what's not bring recorded properly with the Monster Manual, there's a whole list of them: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...l-Known-Issues

Is it really more difficult than defining an attribute on the monster object?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    A while back you put in the release notes that the Half-orcs were no longer being reported as dwarves. But we couldn't verify because Cove had closed when you put the release notes up.

So that's fine, they've been updated now.

But none of the creatures inside the Cove itself that were bug reported as being missing from the Monster Manual have been fixed.

Crystal Cove
    Hobgoblin Raider
    Hobgoblin Opportunist
    Drunken Sorcerer Pirate Aroomba
    Mutinous First Mate Shakra
    Gregoir the Mighty

I've just bug reported these again.

If you want a full list of what's not bring recorded properly with the Monster Manual, there's a whole list of them: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...l-Known-Issues

Is it really more difficult than defining an attribute on the monster object?
    Jack Jibbers from the Cove also doesn't register in the Monster Manual.

As for the Monster Manual bugs in general, I did get a reply in a thread by one of the Devs that they located a bug that prevented mobs from registering properly in the Monster Manual and that a fix would be on the way. As for the scope of the fix, I'm not sure if it's limited to just the newer mobs or includes some of the old mobs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast