Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Shiradi double rainbow procs removed?

So I was on my PM wizard that uses Shiradi destiny and noticed that under the double rainbow stance, my perma dots, weren't proccing whatsoever even underjoy of the queen or indulgence of the mad queen. Seems to be a trend of some sort since extreme cold seem to have vanished mysteriously since around u16 or so. Now Shavarath Lava, Deep Tar, Necrotic Cloud, Storm of Vengeance, and Rotting seem to have disappeared in the same fashion. Not sure if the devs removed these by accident or on purpose but would like this to be fixed. Just curious if anyone else seem to have noticed this or not. Would appreciate a devs comment on this matter. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by XxJFGxX; 05-24-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJFGxX View Post
    So I was on my PM wizard that uses Shiradi destiny and noticed that under the double rainbow stance, my perma dots, weren't proccing whatsoever even underjoy of the queen or indulgence of the mad queen. Seems to be a trend of some sort since extreme cold seem to have vanished mysteriously since around u16 or so. Now Shavarath Lava, Deep Tar, Necrotic Cloud, Storm of Vengeance, and Rotting seem to have disappeared in the same fashion. Not sure if the devs removed these by accident or on purpose but would like this to be fixed. Just curious if anyone else seem to have noticed this or not. Would appreciate a devs comment on this matter. Thank you for reading.

perma dot allowed you to finish ee content while beeing dead. Solo. While having 20 min dinner break.

So I dont see the need to get it fixed.
    trixalai \o/ xirrantha \o/ trixilai //argonessen // Trolls Lair

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by khremlajn View Post
    perma dot allowed you to finish ee content while beeing dead. Solo. While having 20 min dinner break.

So I dont see the need to get it fixed.
    They can easily have made it where if you died the perma dot goes away and where it's not affected by spell power. But then again why put something into double rainbow like Extreme Cold and remove it and then later on turn around and add more perma dots?

Shiradi Double Rainbow effects are periodically changed. Wait until next update and a new perma-dot may show up on the effects list.

Was about time. Ridiculous stuff is ridiculous. And they were also messing up things in Raids, e.g. EE Fot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

I just tested my shiradi wiz.

Double rainbow procs still exists, they seems more rare than before, not 7%, maybe 3%.

The tar and shavarath lava are definitely gone. While i was in Joy mode (50% proc) i got 2 new procs that i didnt remember. Bebilith Venom and Dragon Fire. Both stack and have duration, not perma.

And... imho, the worse effect of the double rainbow proc is the venom of the spinners of shadow, and that is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    I just tested my shiradi wiz.

Double rainbow procs still exists, they seems more rare than before, not 7%, maybe 3%.

The tar and shavarath lava are definitely gone. While i was in Joy mode (50% proc) i got 2 new procs that i didnt remember. Bebilith Venom and Dragon Fire. Both stack and have duration, not perma.

And... imho, the worse effect of the double rainbow proc is the venom of the spinners of shadow, and that is still there.
    Both of those procs have been around.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make perma-dots disappear on death, were unable to do so, went "screw it" and removed them altogether. >_>
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

Perma-dots were actually good balance thing AGAINST Shiradi.
    I've seen couple of Fall of Truth and GH Tor screwed up by them

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Perma-dots were actually good balance thing AGAINST Shiradi.
    I've seen couple of Fall of Truth and GH Tor screwed up by them
    Can't we just turn off double rainbow during the prepping phases? I wasn't sure if the permadots were related to shiradi in general or just double rainbow.
    The Madborn - Hagau, Bibimbap, Gamjatang, Osis, Shuumai, Baau - Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    Both of those procs have been around.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make perma-dots disappear on death, were unable to do so, went "screw it" and removed them altogether. >_>
    I dont remember any fire dot stacking till 10 before, but i didnt really watched the mobs buffs. Usually i only checked for tar/lava and spinner venom, so i could say it to party/guild.

And yeah, you are probably right, they couldnt make it disappear on death, a 30 seconds timer would have been nice, reseting if the dot proc again, or not reset, just when time goes to 0 you can proc it again.

Quote Originally Posted by bibimbap View Post
    Can't we just turn off double rainbow during the prepping phases? I wasn't sure if the permadots were related to shiradi in general or just double rainbow.
    Yes, you CAN turn off double rainbow, but you lose a decent portion of your damage, which is exactly what he means. You either lose a significant chunk of damage or you risk having to kill twice or more.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

And the nerfing begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    And the nerfing begins!
    Still less nerfed by this update than DI casting was. :P

I got Shavarath Lava on the vamp in PoP last night.

Could be that crit chance that is effecting casters is also effecting this.

Double Rainbow's chance to trigger is unchanged.

As with most updates Double Rainbow's large list of effects has had some new additions, and some effects now have different chances of triggering, including possibly zero percent chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

As with most updates Double Rainbow's large list of effects has had some new additions, and some effects now have different chances of triggering, including possibly zero percent chance.
    Any chance of being able to confirm or deny whether or not perma-dots are still in? I can't test myself, as I've TRed my shiradi caster to no longer take advantage of shiradi (and it's kinda level 2 right now until the CL bug and crit bug are fixed).

Specifically interested in the known ones, like Shavarath Lava or Necrotic Cloud.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-24-2013 at 10:11 AM.

LOL what?

Double posted ...
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-24-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Triple posted ...
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-24-2013 at 10:26 AM.

They have different chances including possibly zero percent chance?

Come on man, catch a grip. Less of the great unknowable black box garbage. Just spell it out and be done with it. What are the chances? Are the chances randomly allocated when you switch on the stance? Just cut to the chase and stop messing us about.

After the **** we've had to endure with these forums recently and the lack of communication from you guys, it's the least you can do.

Should we also be asking why none of this was explained in the release notes?
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-24-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast