Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Community Manager

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but this seems to be as good a place as any. Just a reminder that the 7th Birthday Boxes will soon be going away. The birthday boxes will no longer appear on new characters after approximately mid-morning tomorrow (April 4th.) Characters who have them in inventory will continue to be able to claim them.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but this seems to be as good a place as any. Just a reminder that the 7th Birthday Boxes will soon be going away. The birthday boxes will no longer appear on new characters after approximately mid-morning tomorrow (April 4th.) Characters who have them in inventory will continue to be able to claim them.

thank you for the reminder. mmmmhhhh stale birthday boxes.... not good. :P

Community Member

Better then the six year old cake that some people STILL have in their inventories.

One would think by now carrying it would disease your character.

Old characters (characters created long ago) that log in for the first time since the birthday, don't get the 7th birthday box either, is this working as intended?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliana View Post
    Old characters (characters created long ago) that log in for the first time since the birthday, don't get the 7th birthday box either, is this working as intended?
    Yes.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Yes.
    Oh...
    And are Premium players that have not logged in in a long time... that are taking a break and maybe not keeping up to date with all things DDO going to have their credit cards endangered... when Turbine links Credit Card info to forum accounts?
    No longer reading the Forums.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    Oh...
    And are Premium players that have not logged in in a long time... that are taking a break and maybe not keeping up to date with all things DDO going to have their credit cards endangered... when Turbine links Credit Card info to forum accounts?
    That is also working as intended.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Oh...
    That is also working as intended.
    That is a relief!

This whole bit with account information in the forums is just silly. vBulletin has the ability to authorize via a service call and not the local database. I expect that they will have the forum make a login check against gls.ddo.com to see if you are a valid account and vBulletin's database will have basic user information without the password. That is how I have integrated forum software in the past to other systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    This whole bit with account information in the forums is just silly. .
    +1 to you sir, as soon as I can after giving out too much in the last 24hrs.

vBulletin has the ability to authorize via a service call and not the local database. I expect
    Expectation is the mother of all @€%$ ups.
    Or was that assumption?

EDIT: If our concerns were that easily mollified, then they (turbine) would have mollified them by now.
    Remember LOTRO!!
    EDIT2: If anonymous can crack "best" Koreas twitter feed.... what chance does my credit card stand?
    Last edited by MnaSidhe; 04-05-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Edit

Community Member

EDIT: If our concerns were that easily mollified, then they (turbine) would have mollified them by now.
    Remember LOTRO!!
    EDIT2: If anonymous can crack "best" Koreas twitter feed.... what chance does my credit card stand?
    +1 MnaSidhe

my paranoia agrees

Community Member

+1 to you sir, as soon as I can after giving out too much in the last 24hrs.

Or was that assumption?

Remember LOTRO!!
    by having a credit card you are risking your credit card, if your worried about anon that is.

but anon is not funded by hacking games and selling your user info

Yes.
    Thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alundaar View Post
    by having a credit card you are risking your credit card, if your worried about anon that is.

but anon is not funded by hacking games and selling your user info
    No I am not worried about anon... specifically.
    Just about the credit cards!

Or was that assumption?

Remember LOTRO!!
    Expect is the right word.

If Turbine intends to maintain PCI compliance then the credit card info database must be in a separate encrypted database than one used for a public forum with all the potential exploits that can crop up over time.

I have the right to expect this, you have the right to expect this and every other user who has attached payment information to their account had the right to expect this.

---------

Hey Cordovan!

Can you get someone with the appropriate knowledge to give you a statement you can share about this so we can let some of this DOOM over security pass until there is some reason for it rather than assumptions?

Community Member

This whole bit with account information in the forums is just silly.
    Sadly turbine already had a security breach in 2011 with vbulletin and lotro since their game accounts and forum accounts were the same. Also, the data was unincrypted.

That is how I have integrated forum software in the past to other systems.
    Indeed, but you are not turbine....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Because of experience, +1 DC to tactics, +10 HP, 5% healing amp or something else? Past lives are weak and should be the last thing you pursue if you care at all about real power.

Community Member

Yes.
    Aww, shucks.
    I have a bunch of characters I have started and not played recently (because there's only so many hours in a day), but that I am planning to play eventually. If I had known this, I would have logged them in, but I didn't think it was necessary, so I didn't. It wasn't necessary with the 6th birthday cake.

Could you reconsider this change? Or at least, in the future, state how it works up front.

/RS

Yes.
    Oh, carpfish.

Wish I'd been paying attention. Gonna have 40-some-odd chars going birthdayless this year.

Heck, if hadn't been for jumping on some dusty chars to make DD rolls, I'd have even less. Guess that's kinduva back-handed kudo to the DD system.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 04-09-2013 at 04:52 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Default Shadowfell?

So, what's the update with Shadowfell. Thought there would be an announcement after PAX East.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122