Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Festival Glaciation: Where'd You Go?

So...yeah...

My friend noticed his ml 8 Major Ice Lore Scepter with Superior Festival Glaciation 8 no longer had the glaciation property on it...at all...

I thought it was just a display error so I had him try it on, no Ice spell power granted...

I went and checked my ml 8 Major Ice Lore Dagger with Superior Festival Glaciation 9...it is now a nameless item with a dagger model with Major Ice Lore

...so...w t f...

help? fix? why?

Community Member

Bug reported and asked about in many threads of its own topic as well as threads discussing the text bug of Suppressed Power on Ioun Stones.

The question has been completely ignored.

Actually one of the Turbine people posted about the suppressed stone bug, but you're right that no one has said anything even semi-official about the Risia cold spell enhancement items being wiped all of a sudden.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    Actually one of the Turbine people posted about the suppressed stone bug, but you're right that no one has said anything even semi-official about the Risia cold spell enhancement items being wiped all of a sudden.
    Yeah, I mentioned that because the Risia Glaciation was talked about at least as much in the Stone thread. Even when directly questioned about it after commenting on the stones, no reply.

Community Member

Got a reply from a GM when I submitted a bug on this:

"Thank you for your support request. The Glaciation effect is only active during the Ice Games. You will be able to reapply the effect during the next Ice Games. For more information on future Ice Game events, please refer to the DDO forums."

My question is: Since when? That's a lot of time and effort wasted on an effect that's only active for, what, two weeks out of the year? Ridiculous.

I checked mine. Still works. Not sure why but I also decided to Icy Burst it just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudlet View Post
    Got a reply from a GM when I submitted a bug on this:

"Thank you for your support request. The Glaciation effect is only active during the Ice Games. You will be able to reapply the effect during the next Ice Games. For more information on future Ice Game events, please refer to the DDO forums."

My question is: Since when? That's a lot of time and effort wasted on an effect that's only active for, what, two weeks out of the year? Ridiculous.
    Sounds like a low information person talking out of his posterior. Frustrating that we can't even take "official" word as something meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Spark View Post
    So...yeah...

My friend noticed his ml 8 Major Ice Lore Scepter with Superior Festival Glaciation 8 no longer had the glaciation property on it...at all...

I thought it was just a display error so I had him try it on, no Ice spell power granted...

I went and checked my ml 8 Major Ice Lore Dagger with Superior Festival Glaciation 9...it is now a nameless item with a dagger model with Major Ice Lore

...so...w t f...

help? fix? why?
    A bug in Update 16 caused this item effect to delete itself from items. We've taken steps to ensure that a similar bug can't happen again.

I've spoken to our In-Game Support team lead, and if you submit an In-Game Support help ticket, they should be able to provide a reimbursement package of Festival Glaciation recipes and the number of Motes of Winter required to fully upgrade an item to whichever Glaciation amount you would like to.
    You will be able to put Festival Glaciation back on your item when the Risia Ice Games return this winter.
    We apologize for the trouble this bug has caused, and hope that you'll enjoy what we have in store for the upcoming Winter events.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    A bug in Update 16 caused this item effect to delete itself from items. We've taken steps to ensure that a similar bug can't happen again.

I've spoken to our In-Game Support team lead, and if you submit an In-Game Support help ticket, they should be able to provide a reimbursement package of Festival Glaciation recipes and the number of Motes of Winter required to fully upgrade an item to whichever Glaciation amount you would like to.
    You will be able to put Festival Glaciation back on your item when the Risia Ice Games return this winter.
    We apologize for the trouble this bug has caused, and hope that you'll enjoy what we have in store for the upcoming Winter events.
    Thank you for acknowledging that the issue is known and for having a corrective action.

Nice when we can take official word as something meaningful!

Community Member

Wondering if this bug is responsible for the other weapon misshaps. my weapons had their alignments changed (chaos/good set), same thing happened to other people, like the cruel nobilty. what can be done for us? I started a post in the non-urgent in-game support and sumitted a bug report. hope it helps
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Question

Thanks for the feedback! If it is an internally confirmed bug, can I ask you to please align with the community staff to update the known issue list then? Thanks!
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

could you please put this in the launcher?

I had Glaciation on a ring since the ring itself had it to begin with. Historically, you could not add Glaciation to rings from scratch, you could only augment an existing Glaciation on something other than a weapon (i.e. my ring).

Will I be able to get put Glaciation back on my ring this go around?

Since things like "Superior Glaciation 9" no longer exist, do you already have new "equivalent" recipes in place, and do the In-Game Support people already know the conversion numbers?

WUHOO!!!

Thanks Feather!!!!!!

Does this include named items like the Frozen tunic because when I looked at it the other day it's icon was all messed up. Not sure if anythings missing but when i log in next I will get a screenshot to verify.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Well, my superior glaciation 8 was turnet into glaciation 84 (or something like that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Great response. It's good to see good customer service.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

I have placed two tickets for the two items I had nuked.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

muffincold
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast