Community Member

Default Since when does Ray of Enfeeblement = instakill?

Not sure when this started but twice today I have been killed by Ray of Enfeeblement. Full HP, no helpless state, just dead. I am running in Necro 2. Combat log shows this:

(Combat): You hit Shrouded Terror Mage for 403 points of fire damage.
    (Combat): You hit Shadow for 195 points of fire damage.
    (Combat): You are hit by shrouded terror mage's ray of enfeeblement.
    (Combat): You are weakened. Speed recovery with any restoration spell or by resting at a rest shrine or tavern.
    (Combat): You are hit by your shadow taint.
    (Combat): You have been killed while under the effects of Shadow Taint.
    (Combat): Lesser Constitution Shrine's constitution shrine +2 effect has been removed from you. etc.
    -Various buffs being removed - . . .
    (Combat): You were killed by Teslla.

No damage taken, just dead by enfeeblement. I seem to remember in the past I would just end up helpless if strength went down too far. Was this changed somewhere or I am just not remembering correctly?

Also I tried keeping a death ward up, but apparently every creature in Necro 2 now completely debuffs you on every hit so that didn't help.

Thanks!

Shadows have a special ability that acts as a debuff on you. If you're under the effect of this ability and you are reduced to 0 strength in any way, you die instantly. It seems this is the most likely situation you may have encountered.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Default That's a nasty combo

Thanks,

Don't remember ever having this trouble before. Being able to debuff you and stat damage you to death is a nasty combo. Especially since Ray of Enfeeblement is also being spammed. Gotta chug lesser restores faster I guess.

Deathward protects from this effect. Make sure you always have it, kill mobs who debuff first always, and you're good !

Community Member

Well I am a sorc and only have 1 deathward clicky. And like I said it gets debuffed almosted immediately so I can't keep it up. I made it through, need to grab a hire with deathward next time will make it less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla5000 View Post
    Well I am a sorc and only have 1 deathward clicky. And like I said it gets debuffed almosted immediately so I can't keep it up. I made it through, need to grab a hire with deathward next time will make it less painful.
    go get deathward potions from Mabar
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Shadows are very vulnerable to light spells.

An eternal wand with a light spell can be farmed via Mabar, but I have no clue, I must admit, how good it is against higher-level Shdows.

Light spells are imho one of the few really good offensive Cleric spells which are unique for them (don't know how far other casters can have Light spells, too).

If you see a Shadow, let anyone who has Light spells step forward and use them, imho.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

The level 2 arcane/divine spell spawn screen will also prevent shadow effects (and in fact will prevent all damage from shadows). Even if you can't prepare the spell, in a pinch scrolls last 3 minutes and can be easily UMDed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    The level 2 arcane/divine spell spawn screen will also prevent shadow effects (and in fact will prevent all damage from shadows). Even if you can't prepare the spell, in a pinch scrolls last 3 minutes and can be easily UMDed.
    Every day I learn something new even though Im playing DDO for almost 2 years.

Lesser Restore Potion will undo Ray of Enfeeble.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Deathward protects from this effect. Make sure you always have it, kill mobs who debuff first always, and you're good !
    This is good advice but DO NOT depend on your deathward staying on.

Most likely unless your in way over your level and it was cast as a high caster level it's going to get dispelled by one of the Sceptre or Wraith mages.

I would suggest getting your STR higher if it's vulnerable to being reduced to zero that easily.