Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Ghostly is disappearing!! Stealth Nerf

Physics engine only update my arse...

Ghostly is now only giving a 10% concealment miss chance vs the 20% it was originally.

We noticed it last night as we were running Cove and as much as possible tried to confirm the change on lvl 16 and 20 Mabar Cloaks and lvl 16 and 20 Manslayer Ring (funny how nerfs can still affect all previously created gear but upgrades do not without effort and resources on the player's part). This does NOT appear to be a bug as the actual text of the effect has been changed as well.

I haven't seen anything about this in the release or patch notes or reported in any other posts so I figured I would throw it out there in case anyone else missed it.
    Last edited by RuneStriker; 05-08-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Mistakenly referenced bracers of wind instead of manslayer ring
    Exploring Eberron with: Daximo | Daxrok | Horok | Jakwagon | Jawbreakr | Kilmani | Klaank | Knothedd | Lewtzalot | Ludacrits | Quigonn | Zalmon and other experiments
    Officer of Riftwardens on Gland

Well, the text always said 10% I think, but the effect gave 20%...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

is it actually an incorporeal bonus that stacks with blur and displacement by chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Nevermind he fixed the typo.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 05-08-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneStriker View Post
    the actual text of the effect has been changed as well.
    As far as I know - and from the wiki - the actual text has always said 10%. However, since Ghostly blocks you from receiving Blur, it's actually coded as 20%.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=69

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar
    The description is 10%, but it'll actually proc 20% of the time. Procced 43 out of 219 (19.6%) hit attempts when I tested it against some mangy dogs in the harbor solo quest. I'll do more tabulation tomorrow (including how often the force goes off as well).

Tested using the level 20 epic cloak of night, not the lower-level versions. No idea if it's the same with those.

Despite the text saying 10%, it is currently 20% Concealment bonus, identical to the Blur spell.

That's a bug.

With the upcoming expansion pack, I've fixed this by changing Ghostly to a 10% Incorporeal bonus to miss chance. Incorporeal miss chance functions alongside Concealment. (For example: If you have both Blur and Ghostly, then an enemy attack would have to roll against Blur's 20%, then Ghostly's 10% individually before it can hit you.)

That change will go live with the release of the expansion pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Despite the text saying 10%, it is currently 20% Concealment bonus, identical to the Blur spell.

That's a bug.

With the upcoming expansion pack, I've fixed this by changing Ghostly to a 10% Incorporeal bonus to miss chance. Incorporeal miss chance functions alongside Concealment. (For example: If you have both Blur and Ghostly, then an enemy attack would have to roll against Blur's 20%, then Ghostly's 10% individually before it can hit you.)

Coolness.

I assume the 10% incorporeal won't stack (or be calculated separately, or stack multiplicatively) with, say, Shadow Fade's 25%?

For reference, the chance to be missed with a stacking Concealment chance of 20% and a Incorporeal chance of 10% is 1-0.8*0.9 = .28 = 28%.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

That's a bug.

Cool.
    Blackmoor Defenders (LVL - 193)
    Ghallanda ...Lhazaar 2006
    Forum-ID u779 : Guild Leader of The Blackmoor Defenders

Sweet!

Edit: nevermind, I follow.

Incorporeal miss chance functions alongside Concealment.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 05-08-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Community Member

Default Fixed the original post

I mistakenly referenced the Bracers of Wind in the OP (which have Blurry not Ghostly) instead of the Manslayer Rings so I fixed that reference.

I guess we must have just had some odd stuff going on during our testing then because a Blur effect cast on the characters was working so we believed that the ghostly effect had actually been reduced as the text states. Since the effect does not show in the UI effects notices it was hard to test beyond that and trying to calculate a rough estimate of how often the effect procced with the item equipped vs. not.

Thank you Feather for giving some insight into what will be going on with the update.
    Exploring Eberron with: Daximo | Daxrok | Horok | Jakwagon | Jawbreakr | Kilmani | Klaank | Knothedd | Lewtzalot | Ludacrits | Quigonn | Zalmon and other experiments

That's awesome! But now my rogue is going to have to start asking for blur again. And carry blur wands for solo'ing. (My poor inventory! Pleeeeease! Give me a 7th inventory tab or something!)

Edit: Wait! That won't stack with shadow fade, will it? That kind of makes it feel like a nerf for that character....
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member

Yeah, just another way they are puttin the Dark Monks down.

Would have been nice to know this before cove ended as I would have crafted up a couple more Nimble Trinkets for use on my dark monks when the expansion goes live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Edit: Wait! That won't stack with shadow fade, will it? That kind of makes it feel like a nerf for that character....
    Incorporeal and Concealment do not stack. Attackers make 1 check against each using your highest modifier.

If you have displacement (50%) and blur (20%) and someone tries to hit you, they would make 1 check vs displacement (50% miss chance) and blur would be ignored.

same would apply for incorporeal.

If you have ghostly (10%) and shadowfade (25%) and someone tries to hit you, they would make 1 check vs shadowfade (25% miss chance) and ghostly would be ignored.
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"

That's a bug.

Nice change.

Nice change!!! Makes that quality on gear suddenly a wanted thing.
    Excellent. +1
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Nice change.
    Concur! i tend to prefer separate rolls (even if it is against my interests, btw); as ot removes confusion on stacking effects. consistency is predictable... " those effects stack, but these don't... unless it's tuesday" are frustrating.

So Displacement plus Ghostly would provide 55% miss chance?

Quote Originally Posted by junta74 View Post
    So Displacement plus Ghostly would provide 55% miss chance?
    Yes.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

That's a bug.

Dang it, if only I had known before Cove was closed I could made a few extra Nimble Trinkets...
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast