Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default wow really nice catch

too bad you posted about it. probably going to be a priority 1 fix now

Quote Originally Posted by Wurmwood View Post
    WAI
    Been this way as said earlier for a while. Makes it so you can have lowbie gear in the shared bank for another character when you make another. This better stay the way it is.

This is not intended. In this phase of crafting all crafted items should remain Bound to Character. A bug has been entered to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurmwood View Post
    (There is still the bug where you can make items lose the minimum level, but this will be fixed so dreams of making BtA items with no minimum level will be quashed, as it should be)
    This bug will be fixed in the live update.

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldTerror View Post
    Yes, the Minimum Level bugs is fixed in the build that was put up on Lamannia today.

Community Member

This is not intended. In this phase of crafting all crafted items should remain Bound to Character. A bug has been entered to fix this..
    Few! for a very brief minute there there was actually going to be a use for crafting for non TR's .

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmeerkat View Post
    Few! for a very brief minute there there was actually going to be a use for crafting for non TR's .
    Seriously. Can we also get a dev comment on if the bound crafting shards are supposed to be BtA or BtC? BtC just makes it a pointless system to have in the game. People will use it when it first comes out for the novelty, but will stop very quickly once the level of the grind is fully realized, coupled with the fact that you have to level crafting on ALL of your characters.

Just to be clear: I have no problem with the crafted items being BtC, but I think that the shards should be BtA so that you can level up a single crafting character to create the items for your account. That would be enough to get me to use the system. That, and the further release of more recipes and Unbound crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    Seriously. Can we also get a dev comment on if the bound crafting shards are supposed to be BtA or BtC? BtC just makes it a pointless system to have in the game. People will use it when it first comes out for the novelty, but will stop very quickly once the level of the grind is fully realized, coupled with the fact that you have to level crafting on ALL of your characters.

Just to be clear: I have no problem with the crafted items being BtC, but I think that the shards should be BtA so that you can level up a single crafting character to create the items for your account. That would be enough to get me to use the system. That, and the further release of more recipes and Unbound crafting.
    No Lam account, but I have been following this with interest. I would like to reiterate to the Devs that I am interested in working on crafting on a single character. I am not interested in doing it on 8 or 9 active characters. BtC crafting doesn't seem to be worth the investment. I hope that this is addressed before crafting is released.

This is not intended. In this phase of crafting all crafted items should remain Bound to Character. A bug has been entered to fix this.

Wow, 2 whole minutes to fix the bug when its something you want to look at. What about the 5000 reported bugs you don't evidently care about throughout the rest of the game? Another great idea with 1/2 the effort put behind making it worthwild, add it to the long list. I'm still waiting for the TWF nerf to fix lag.. lol, got 2 minutes to fix that?
    Last edited by Zzevel; 04-20-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Unhappy BTC is not useful for me; BTA would be

I have one, and only one, of about 25 characters that I currently intend to craft with. The char has bound store-bought huge bags, and two extra purchased bank slots, and i dont quest with it so it's ideal to hold onto crafting stuff. With the amount of time and effort (TP or plat, you have to make a sacrifice in one of those ways) needed to get to useful levels in crafting, it would not be feasible for me to level up all of my chars in crafting. Therefore, BTC loot is about useless for me, while BTA would be incentive for me to levellup in crafting.
    Bound to guild (not sure they could ever make that work as chars can leave a guild) would also be nice, so I could craft for guild members.

Totally unbound so it could be sold would be nice to try and recoup the plat loss from deconstructing all of my loot instead of selling it, but at least BTA is the essential thing. BTC crafting that takes this much effort is a non-starter in my personal opinion, even more of an issue than deconstruction of shards etc.
    On Sarlona: Justin, Bry, Karoneth, Koto, Combatant, Kendu, Narnak, Mythanthor, Jastron, Brendin.
    Guildmaster, The Brotherhood of Redemption
    www.borguild.com

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Wow, 2 whole minutes to fix the bug when its something you want to look at. What about the 5000 reported bugs you don't evidently care about throughout the rest of the game? Another great idea with 1/2 the effort put behind making it worthwild, add it to the long list. I'm still waiting for the TWF nerf to fix lag.. lol, got 2 minutes to fix that?
    Just because a dev posts that it is being fixed and then a little later lam is booted up with the fix does not mean it wasn't noted a while back and has gone through a full fix round.

Even if the item was (random) BtA when looted? This should be an incentive to run those quests that reward BtA items. Otherwise it is placing another limit on what we can do with this game. I do not see the harm in it other than the min lvl bug (which is fixed)

And people take it easy on the developers, they have their hands in multiple areas that need fixing and have a lot on their plate. I can send you some Ashwaghanda and Rhodiola to help ease your mental stress (just kidding, but seriously look for it at a vitamin store it helps)
    Maybe I should apply for work there. You guys hire practitioners? Will work for TP
    Last edited by Wurmwood; 04-20-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    The worse this game gets, the more I am inching towards making my own DDO! [ With Unreal Engine, Blackjack and Hookers too! Hookers as in Fish ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    First, not all bugs are created equal. Some bugs take longer to fix than others depending on the nature of the problem. I get the impression that bugs related to oversight (i.e., forgetting to check how a new system interacts with special cases like these BtA random weapons) are generally easier to fix than some other bugs. This is an assumption regarding this specific bug, but the initial statement (not all bugs are identical) is true. Some things are harder to fix than others.

Second, bugs where they're nerfing things are probably better to fix in advance than to wait to fix. For example, Update 9 sees a nerf to the Ornamental Daggers in that they become exclusive and people who made multiple daggers are forced to bank extras to use the clicky again. Considering that this nerf is occurring, do you think it would have been better for the nerf to have happened quicker than it is happening? For example, if the nerf was put in place before some people crafted a pile of daggers, do you think that would have been better? Cause I sure do (note that I created a single dagger, so I'm not looking at this from a position of being nerfed).

If a nerf is going to happen, it's better to do it before everyone gets in a position to be hurt by it.
    Khyber: Carinn (TR 18 Sorcerer) -- Kyrainne (TR 20 Paladin) -- Arrail (TR 20 Favored Soul) -- Aoede (18 Bard) -- Terrabourne (20 Ranger) -- Ankhalla (20 Monk) -- Cylanna (20 Rogue)
    The Lifeguard: A Swimcleric build

I really hope that "fixing" this bug won't break other BtA items in the game.

I can currently put a Carnifex in the stone of change to add Alchemical Force Damage to the weapon and still have a BtA Carnifex. If my Carnifexi all suddenly turned to BtC weapons, I'd be a very sad camper.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    I really hope that "fixing" this bug won't break other BtA items in the game.

I can currently put a Carnifex in the stone of change to add Alchemical Force Damage to the weapon and still have a BtA Carnifex. If my Carnifexi all suddenly turned to BtC weapons, I'd be a very sad camper.
    That's not WAI. In order to use the eldritch rituals on an item, it has to be bound with Khyber shrds first, which makes it BTC. If it's still only BTA, then it's a bug.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

That's not WAI. In order to use the eldritch rituals on an item, it has to be bound with Khyber shrds first, which makes it BTC. If it's still only BTA, then it's a bug.
    But the bind/attune ritual on a BTA item maintains the item as BTA (not BTC). I see no reason this should be considered a bug necessarily. Where does it say that the Bind/Attune Ritual should make all items BTC (not just Bound of some type)?
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

If you put a BtA item into the stone of change with the Khyber shards, that item remains BtA. It has worked that way for a very long time (possibly since BtA existed, but not sure).

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    If you put a BtA item into the stone of change with the Khyber shards, that item remains BtA. It has worked that way for a very long time (possibly since BtA existed, but not sure).
    Sounds like the same bug to me then.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Sounds like the same bug to me then.
    I would absoultely agree that it's the same bug if there were any indication of what the intended functionality was.

Since that feature has been in the game for years and since people have repeatedly spoken about it on these forums, I can't imagine that it's a complete surprise to Turbine.

Its certainly the same functionality, but bug or not is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    BI see no reason this should be considered a bug necessarily. Where does it say that the Bind/Attune Ritual should make all items BTC (not just Bound of some type)?
    Because Turbine wants to make it inconvenient for us, they would rather you spend the time on all of your alts to do all of this stuff to get all of these items you want.

They want their little hamsters to keep on running, keep on running, keep on running............

Don't stop little hamsters, don't stop! The longer you run, the more they get paid.
    Naggesh-Drow Wiz PM TR--Borax DethAxe-Dwarf Rng/Mnk/Fgt--Accomplice of the Sorcerer-WF Arti TR --Ombrah the Outcast-BF Pali--Luxxs Interior-Human Bard WC--Xeak the Dirty-1/2ling Rog Assassin--Poli Styrene-Human Arti

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGurgler View Post
    Don't stop little hamsters, don't stop!
    This reminds of some short essay on MMOs I found a while ago, and how MMOs were effectively likened to an addiction or a bad habit to be knocked off.
    * Live by the Pencil - My D&D-related Art * <-> * Focus Orb Paperbag - My Workaround for Helves *

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast