Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for the comments Genasi. Glad to know it's on your radar and that you'll be doing all you can on this. Much appreciated.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - GOOlock, Niccolina - Assassin, Jensu - Warlock Enlightened Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Thanks for the communication Genasi.

I figured you wouldn't let all the toys you created become useless.

Will keep an eye out for upcoming changes, and hope for DC increases on souleater etc...

Maybe a fun way to approach souleater + trap the soul would be like how you handled vorpal.

250 untyped damage dc 35 will save VS. trap the soul @ a 2% chance of proc'ing. So even it they don't auto die, its still a nice lil damage boost.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Community Member

Genasi,

I haven't seen any response by a developer regarding the Monk's Crane Animal Path and the upcoming U9 changes. Currently many monks depend on stunning and rapidly building ki this way. With the changes to helplessness, will the way the crane animal path works be updated to give ki on any helpless strike as well as criticals?

Thanks!

Oh, and sorry about hijacking the thread...just looking for a quick response from a dev.

It's probably too much to hope that the "Life Stealing" effect of Dreamspitter and the Shadow Staff is changed to take affect when striking helpless enemies, rather than just on crits . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    It's probably too much to hope that the "Life Stealing" effect of Dreamspitter and the Shadow Staff is changed to take affect when striking helpless enemies, rather than just on crits . . .
    i'm pretty sure it is, but at least 10% proc rate is better than the ~1.5% proc rate i was expecting before the promised fix (procs on every crit). sure, it won't be as good as the 20-30% (estimated) proc rate it had before, but it's not completely terrible either, and now is likely to be useful even when you're not beating held mobs to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Duly noted; these weapons are clearly important for certain builds. I'll be doing what I can to get them changed for Update 9.
    Thank you very much, Genasi. As a developer myself *looks at his schedule and sighs* I understand the challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    i'm pretty sure it is, but at least 10% proc rate is better than the ~1.5% proc rate i was expecting before the promised fix (procs on every crit). sure, it won't be as good as the 20-30% (estimated) proc rate it had before, but it's not completely terrible either, and now is likely to be useful even when you're not beating held mobs to death.
    Very true. Actually, outside of epics, this would probably be a slight improvement to the unsuppressed Dreamspitter. It's already a very useful weapon for acrobats at endgame (+5 Holy of GEOB quarterstaff), even on un-stunned enemies. It's my main DPS weapon in Amrath and parts of the Inspired Quarter, when I'm not using Rahl's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Community Member

Regarding increasing the DCs of other treasure effects, I will say for now that there are reasons related to the spell pass that we have increased Epic monster saving throws, and I think we'll be waiting a bit before we increase the DCs on any treasure effects accordingly.
    How about following the D&D 3.5 rule that the minimum DC of an item is 10+level*1.5, not 10+level as it is in DDO? Just as a starting point... the lowest possible DC for Delayed Blast Fireball should be 10+8+4 = 22, not 10+8+0 = 18.

Epic Telekinetic has been fixed for Update 9, actually. The DCs were never a problem, it was actually that it was proccing only on a low percentage of crits instead of every crit. Now it behaves as it should.
    WOOT!

That is all...
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

It'd be nice for epic souleaters to be a bit more useful than they already are. If a dreamspitter or staff of shadow can kill an epic mob before an epic souleater can... there's a problem.

Duly noted; these weapons are clearly important for certain builds. I'll be doing what I can to get them changed for Update 9.

Epic Telekinetic has been fixed for Update 9, actually. The DCs were never a problem, it was actually that it was proccing only on a low percentage of crits instead of every crit. Now it behaves as it should.

Regarding increasing the DCs of other treasure effects, I will say for now that there are reasons related to the spell pass that we have increased Epic monster saving throws, and I think we'll be waiting a bit before we increase the DCs on any treasure effects accordingly. I'll be keeping an eye on things, though. Epic items (like the Souleater) will probably be the ones most likely to get boosted.

Ha, nice catch, I've been waiting for someone to comment on that. Good to see there's some Chrono Trigger fans here on the boards.
    Hopefully this means you're also looking at the Epic Whirlwind also.

Would be especially nice if it had a base damage increase (ie, why is it only 2d8 where as green steel GS are 3d6?)

Happy to report that these changes have now been made for Update 9: Life-Stealing will return to its original behavior of occuring on all critical hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    How about following the D&D 3.5 rule that the minimum DC of an item is 10+level*1.5, not 10+level as it is in DDO? Just as a starting point... the lowest possible DC for Delayed Blast Fireball should be 10+8+4 = 22, not 10+8+0 = 18.
    That's an interesting suggestion, although technically speaking, what you're adding to (10 + level) is the minimum ability score modifier to cast the spell, yes? Comes out to the same as multiplying by 1.5 though, I suppose. In any case, it'd be a big task to go back and modify old effects to use that calculation, but it's something to consider for treasure effects going forward (and for possible future revamps).

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    Hopefully this means you're also looking at the Epic Whirlwind also.
    Epic Whirlwind, like Epic Sirocco, will have its Epic Telekinetic effect fixed, but no other changes at this time. Comments will be kept in mind for the next visitation of Epic items. By the way, the items mentioned in this thread (Epic Envenomed Cloak, Epic Sirocco, Epic Whirlwind, Stormsinger Cloak, Dreamspitter, Staff of the Shadow) should have their effects updated automatically when Update 9 goes live. No need to use the Stone of Change or other methods to manually fix them.

Epic Whirlwind, like Epic Sirocco, will have its Epic Telekinetic effect fixed
    Very nice! Thank you.
    Guilds: Prophets of the New Republic & Revenents Khyber
    Active:
    Clean 18barb/2ftr Cleen 20arti Kleaner 20monk Darkstaar Dark Knight Psyborg 20sorc Warrwitch 20wiz Roque 19rog/1mnk Killeric 18fvs/2monk AA Duality Helves Angel
    Builds: Helves Angel Hurtlocker Dark Knight Riddle of Steel

Wow - thanks for the hard work of looking at, and adjusting items in the scope of the overall spell change. And of course fixing stuff that was clearly not working as intended. Hopefully those changes will translate over to the event as well - since the descriptions and what we actually craft doesn't seem to match. I know about the ring, but the shortsword is suppose to be +20 and isnt and someone checked and the +2 seeker (trinket) is not stacking with +6 seeker on a hat.

Happy to report that these changes have now been made for Update 9: Life-Stealing will return to its original behavior of occuring on all critical hits.

That's an interesting suggestion, although technically speaking, what you're adding to (10 + level) is the minimum ability score modifier to cast the spell, yes? Comes out to the same as multiplying by 1.5 though, I suppose. In any case, it'd be a big task to go back and modify old effects to use that calculation, but it's something to consider for treasure effects going forward (and for possible future revamps).

Epic Whirlwind, like Epic Sirocco, will have its Epic Telekinetic effect fixed, but no other changes at this time. Comments will be kept in mind for the next visitation of Epic items. By the way, the items mentioned in this thread (Epic Envenomed Cloak, Epic Sirocco, Epic Whirlwind, Stormsinger Cloak, Dreamspitter, Staff of the Shadow) should have their effects updated automatically when Update 9 goes live. No need to use the Stone of Change or other methods to manually fix them.
    thank you for all the hard work and a great job that you are doing!
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

AWESOME!

Yep, technically it's half-attribute required to cast. I bet if we dig there are some edge cases where that's different than 1.5 rounded down, but none jump to mind.

Again, AWESOME!
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Happy to report that these changes have now been made for Update 9: Life-Stealing will return to its original behavior of occurring on all critical hits.
    Thank you much. This means itll still be a nice weapon to use. If you want to encourage people to run inspired quarter you could always have the suppressed be a chance level drain on crit... and unsuppressed be every crit.

I will keep an eye on Epic Souleaters performance and send you some hard data after 9 goes live so you can make your decision about updating its saves.

EIther way its still always going to be my preferred choice for staying alive, but I really like carrying around a big bag of the souls of vanquished enemies. And not collecting any more would be... umm... sad.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Genasi... I must say that you returned my faith to Develops (especially in you )

Great job!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Ok, so after update 9 will reducing a mob's Strength, Dex or Con to 0 put it into an auto-crit state, or will that be considered helpless, too?
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

So while your looking a negative level effects how about you fix the Assassin ToD ring set so the level drain actaully goes off more than %00.1 of the time (about 1 in 1000 hits) ie virtually never and the sneak attack bonus to either stack or be +5/+8

Kambuk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast