Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Devs, this is unacceptable!

Ok, what is with all the stealth changes? First, we had the nerf to the swashbuckler shield. In and of itself this is not a bad thing, it was obviously broken, but we should have been told - it took a player bringing it up to have someone official confirm it. But adding a save to the skeleton archers in wiz king for halt undead? I can see doing it for the arcanes - if you can cast a spell you are obviously not a mindless undead. But the archers? They stand there and shoot at you forever whether they can see you or not - the epitome of mindless undead. I can even see doing this as an epic-only change so that the halt undead scrolls don't trivialize epic content. But why change the lower difficulties, and then not tell anyone about it when it happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

And there goes the only use for yet another spell.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

They were hoping you wouldn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    and then not tell anyone about it
    This is the only part I care about. Playing an MMO I have come to accept game changes (nerfs) and such. I can deal with it. Just don't keep it a secrete, or sneak it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    This is the only part I care about. Playing an MMO I have come to accept game changes (nerfs) and such. I can deal with it. Just don't keep it a secrete, or sneak it in.
    Oh don't be silly those release notes were so huge that they couldn't possibly fit everything in...
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.

Those sneeky Devs, just trying keep us all on our toes, lol.

But ya, tell us about the changes plz, Like above, im used to the nerfs and tweaks of a constantly evolving game, fine, just a lil heads up PLZ!
    "Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who."

Argonnessen Active Toonage ~ Domatheer 28 ~4Tr~ Rogue | Riazia 27 ~2Tr~ Rogue - 1 Bard

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Notice what, that epic mobs are no longer affected by scrolls? Yeah, we noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    And there goes the only use for yet another spell.
    Nope. There goes the only use for a stack of scrolls.

The spell is fine when cast by a caster who has any DC whatsoever.
    Last edited by Chai; 03-15-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Thumbs up

Ok, what is with all the stealth changes? First, we had the nerf to the swashbuckler shield. In and of itself this is not a bad thing, it was obviously broken, but we should have been told - it took a player bringing it up to have someone official confirm it. But adding a save to the skeleton archers in wiz king for halt undead? I can see doing it for the arcanes - if you can cast a spell you are obviously not a mindless undead. But the archers? They stand there and shoot at you forever whether they can see you or not - the epitome of mindless undead. I can even see doing this as an epic-only change so that the halt undead scrolls don't trivialize epic content. But why change the lower difficulties, and then not tell anyone about it when it happens?
    Good luck to attract Dev attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post

What about the enhancement for wand/scroll DCs. Will that up it enough to make them useful again?

Not certain if it would be worth the AP, however. That line for DCs when given scroll and wand content always seemed pathetically weak for the expensive cost.

Did you only notice this in non-epic?
    Before the update, the skellies were considered intelligent in non-epic, but unintelligent in epic.
    Apepp, Horuss, Rner, Iaiz, etc. • Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by apep1412 View Post
    Did you only notice this in non-epic?
    Before the update, the skellies were considered intelligent in non-epic, but unintelligent in epic.
    I noticed this on a hard wizking last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Notice what, that epic mobs are no longer affected by scrolls? Yeah, we noticed.

so what you're saying is, store pots could solve this problem? clearly no conflict of interest here.

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    Players remember Tempest I splashes.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

I think i missed it .. what was the change to the shield? what levels was the shield effected and how did it change for the worse?

I have one but wasnt paying attention to it and what changes where made to the epic finished tier III shield?
    Hack n Slash Gaming - Streaming DDO and PS4 games on Twitch starting September 15th - join the revolution
    [])])])])])])[]]??????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Community Member

Only on epic did they not save.

Any other setting they had saves AFAIK. Did 20+ TRs never bothered using scroll or spell on n,h,e for that reason.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Quote Originally Posted by Drfirewater79 View Post
    I think i missed it .. what was the change to the shield? what levels was the shield effected and how did it change for the worse?

I have one but wasnt paying attention to it and what changes where made to the epic finished tier III shield?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=3648970 - post #26 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    What about the enhancement for wand/scroll DCs. Will that up it enough to make them useful again?

Not certain if it would be worth the AP, however. That line for DCs when given scroll and wand content always seemed pathetically weak for the expensive cost.
    It is pathetically weak, as you say. This is an intended mechanic of PnP that carried over to this game. Scroll DC is always programmed at the WEAKEST it can be.

Example. Halt undead is level 3, a wizard needs a 13 int to cast it. DC is 10+ level of spell + int mod.

10 + 3 (spell level) + 1 (the lowest int mod an arcane can have to cast it is 13 for 1 mod) = 14.

A 14 DC **might** land on a korthos mob. By the time youre in the market it will likely be fairly useless on anything other than normal. When I read the description of scroll and wand amp enhancements they dont say how much of a boost they give. It would have to be considerable to make scroll casting viable in "at level" content.

Let me know when this happens. I will have piles of hold monster and charm scrolls in my inventory ready to go, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Its still the best AC shield on the market at least for a Defender build. It gives me a ton more AC over my Hound shield. Of course i get more DR with the hound shield (levicks -bad spelling) but that doesnt matter much when your sitting at self buffed 84 ac before yugoloth pots and not including DDo store ****.

So the daze has changed from until the mob gets hit again to 5 second timer (i agree it should be changed to a 20 second or higher timer for the record) But cordoven already explained it was an over sight and its been changed and in the release notes now.

It doesnt make the shield worthless at all .. its still the best shield out there for AC builds especially since it doesnt require me to have a shroud insight weapon now.
    Hack n Slash Gaming - Streaming DDO and PS4 games on Twitch starting September 15th - join the revolution
    [])])])])])])[]]??????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast