Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ohhh Genasi: Epic Souleater Question :D

You had to know it was coming.

Because as usual I am all about the quarterstaffs.

So question.

With the changes in epic mobs, removal of deathwards, and modification of their hp/saves.

Are we going to be seeing any changes to spell abilities attached to weapons?

Right now epic souleater is a HD:40 DC:30 WIll.

Which form months of testing proc's about 2% of every swing, and then the mobs save about 80% of the time, in epic and high level content.

So will it be getting its HD cap removed and the saves bumped so it will still function under the new systems... or...

Will any other spell effects on weapons be seeing changes?

TIA...
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Since we're talking stick ... might be good to ask about the Shadow Staff and Dreamspitter as well. Do they get relegated to bank-space-consumers, or will their effects be adjusted as well (used to drain on each crit, not a chance on each crit)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Since we're talking stick ... might be good to ask about the Shadow Staff and Dreamspitter as well. Do they get relegated to bank-space-consumers, or will their effects be adjusted as well (used to drain on each crit, not a chance on each crit)
    My guess is that having no auto-crit turns them all into toothpicks and turkey basters and servers suffer widespread woo woo withdrawal for may updates to come.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

But but I NEEEDS MAH WOO WOO STICK!!!
    Khyber, Jesters Court

If Dreamspitters and Shadowstaves do function only on crit as one would think they would under the new system, then can we at least have them proc on every crit instead of a proc chance on crit (that was added some time ago, possibly in an unsuccessful attempt at balance)?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

A similar question could be posed for all related sticks and common stick-crafted effects

Souleater (HD cap, DC)
    Shadow Staff / Dreamspitter (chance to drain on crit ... change to drain on crit or proc rate on hit)
    Greensteel Enervation - right now sits at a 5% proc; is that staying? Alignment with Shadow / Dreamspitter?
    Greensteel Earthgrab - DC remaining the same?
    Greensteel Freezing Ice - DC remaining the same?
    Greensteel Trap the Soul - DC, HD limit remaining the same?

Bump for some love.

We really need to know how adjustments will be made to spell abilities on weapons with the new mod coming up.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

I nominate the life stealing effect for biggest smack in the face with the nerf bat by the U9 changes to helplessness. I predict 5-6 procs per quest on the high end of the scale and 0 on the low end. Further, I predict...pain. There will be much complaining about this one once people realize how badly these weapons function without auto crit.

Devs, if you read this, do you have any plans to alter the life stealing effect on these two weapons so that it's acually functional post U9?
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

poor acrobats...
    No more +20% speed woo woo...

A similar question could be posed for all related sticks and common stick-crafted effects

Souleater (HD cap, DC)
    Shadow Staff / Dreamspitter (chance to drain on crit ... change to drain on crit or proc rate on hit)
    Greensteel Enervation - right now sits at a 5% proc; is that staying? Alignment with Shadow / Dreamspitter?
    Greensteel Earthgrab - DC remaining the same?
    Greensteel Freezing Ice - DC remaining the same?
    Greensteel Trap the Soul - DC, HD limit remaining the same?
    It would definitely be nice to see the procrate on time-intensive crafting and named items bumped this next mod. Particularly given not only the loss in auto-crit, but also the new crafting system debasing rarity.

Heck, earthgrab vs slapping stunning on something for amranth? Seems a no-brainer.

inquiring minds want to know.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - GOOlock, Niccolina - Assassin, Jensu - Warlock Enlightened Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

I can't say for sure, but I'm reasonably confident that the reason the Dreamspitter's level drain effect was reduced from on-crit to chance-on-crit was because of the relative ease of Holding a target and then level-draining it to death via autocrit. In light of how the Held status will be changing soon, I'm thinking it'd be fair to buff these effects back to happening on all crits (or at least the majority of them). I can't give a solid date for when that change will happen, but know that it's on my radar now. Thanks for bringing it up!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    In light of how the Held status will be changing soon, I'm thinking it'd be fair to buff these effects back to happening on all crits (or at least the majority of them).
    Well, that's somewhat reassuring -- it still takes a major hit to reliability, though.

On a completely unrelated note, I only just noticed your sig. I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruell View Post
    Well, that's somewhat reassuring -- it still takes a major hit to reliability, though.

But it doesn't make them nigh-useless, which is greatness.

Genasi: How about the DC of other static weapon-based effects (souleater, earthgrabs, etc.)?

I can't say for sure, but I'm reasonably confident that the reason the Dreamspitter's level drain effect was reduced from on-crit to chance-on-crit was because of the relative ease of Holding a target and then level-draining it to death via autocrit. In light of how the Held status will be changing soon, I'm thinking it'd be fair to buff these effects back to happening on all crits (or at least the majority of them). I can't give a solid date for when that change will happen, but know that it's on my radar now. Thanks for bringing it up!
    Please try to get Staff of Shadows and Dreamspitters fixed for Update 9. These are primary weapons for QS users.

Genasi: How about the DC of other static weapon-based effects (souleater, earthgrabs, etc.)?
    Please for the love of everything good... Fix the DC's on Epic Sirocco...
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Yay. Hopefully will be done for update 9.

<3 Chrono Trigger

In light of how the Held status will be changing soon, I'm thinking it'd be fair to buff these effects back to happening on all crits (or at least the majority of them). I can't give a solid date for when that change will happen, but know that it's on my radar now. Thanks for bringing it up!
    This is good news.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

This

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Please try to get Staff of Shadows and Dreamspitters fixed for Update 9. These are primary weapons for QS users.
    Duly noted; these weapons are clearly important for certain builds. I'll be doing what I can to get them changed for Update 9.

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    Epic Telekinetic has been fixed for Update 9, actually. The DCs were never a problem, it was actually that it was proccing only on a low percentage of crits instead of every crit. Now it behaves as it should.

Regarding increasing the DCs of other treasure effects, I will say for now that there are reasons related to the spell pass that we have increased Epic monster saving throws, and I think we'll be waiting a bit before we increase the DCs on any treasure effects accordingly. I'll be keeping an eye on things, though. Epic items (like the Souleater) will probably be the ones most likely to get boosted.

Ha, nice catch, I've been waiting for someone to comment on that. Good to see there's some Chrono Trigger fans here on the boards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast