Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Stealer of Souls - clerics...

Ran SoS for the first time last night.... Man that's a tough quest for 6 people... I ran it on my barbarian... I saw the cleric using SP potions, so I gave him 20k plat at the end of the quest, but I have no idea how many he used.

My cleric is also flagged for SoS, so I'll be taking him in there next... How many potions do clerics use in there on average and are there any tips for playing efficiently in there?? (Mostly concerned about the last fight, and maybe the air elemental\cloud giant room)

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Inthe quest, I might use a Pot or 2 in the FIre instance if we donthave a bunch of Evasiveinthe party. FOr Sorjek, the first run I drank like 10 Pots and used 200 Heal Scrolls.

Lately Its been 2 Pots and 30-40 Heal scrolls.... Not too bad for the Quest level.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I like to offensive cast more than most people. So 30-50 heal scrolls, typically none, but up to 5 pots.

I might be missing something but SoS is an extremely easy quest :/

While I've only been in there with my cleric once, I didn't use a single wand charge. If anything I was running around casting blade barrier. Running it on other characters we've never had an issue and never noticed the cleric drinking pots (except in a very specific situation where the cleric had to drink pots like there's no tomorrow but that's a different story).

Why are you guys finding it so difficult? Any specific part?

(PS: That is a serious question, I'm trying to figure out what people are finding hard, not bragging about how super-uber I am )

I've run it Cleric-less before.

Sorjek is all about DPS and PULLING OUT WHEN THERE ARE EITHER FIRE OR ICE MEPHTIS UP! Seriously. One group I went with somebody stayed in against Ice -- his Cold Shield does something like 60-100 points/swing. It's much better to beat Ice down quickly and go back to Sorjek after the mephit is dead.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka (Elf Tempest Trapper) .:. Darani (Aasimar Inquisileric) .:. Raelyth (Elf Artifonk)

well I think like most of this "mod" it's all about grp make up... if you got a bunch of straight fighters and barbs and are not using w/p than yes it can be a mana sink for a cleric.... evasion helps here a lot (espically in fire room) and be a bit more offensive as a cleric could help as well (in fire and ice blade barriers are your friend and air elems can be insta killed' by clercs too) keep plugging away
    I've been here for quite awhile.
    JayWade

Group make up is the biggest factor. The first time I ran it with my cleric I was the only cleric the second time there were two of us. The first one went very smoothly never used a pot. The second time for some reason I went through 4.
    Liamfrancais- Human Pally 16 (Mythical), Balto-Drow Sorc 16 (Mythical), Baltaz-Drow Rgr 16 (Forgotten Legion), Adarforged-WF Barb 16 (Mythical), Bringit-Dwarf FTR/barb 12/4 (Just Me), Zudomon-Elf wiz 15 (Twisted Fate), Rudadonna-H clr 16 (Mythical)

It is very possible, for a high DPS group, to do this with no resource usage at all. We had one run where our cleric spent most of his mana on heals on Sorjek to help kill him and had leftover at the end.

Although for the fire hallway, dex builds are king, you really need some good old-fashioned DPS for Sorjek. If your group does not have him dead by the time the third mephit spawns - that's usually when I've seen it turn ugly.

(That or when his aggro pattern is similar to that of a ******** dog on meth and he just runs around for no reason at all).
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Qzipoun View Post
    I might be missing something but SoS is an extremely easy quest :/

While I've only been in there with my cleric once, I didn't use a single wand charge. If anything I was running around casting blade barrier. Running it on other characters we've never had an issue and never noticed the cleric drinking pots (except in a very specific situation where the cleric had to drink pots like there's no tomorrow but that's a different story).

Why are you guys finding it so difficult? Any specific part?

(PS: That is a serious question, I'm trying to figure out what people are finding hard, not bragging about how super-uber I am )
    PUG groups.
    Low DPS, No WoP, half of them don't have evasion, use of inferior tactics, there's a lot of elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    It is very possible, for a high DPS group, to do this with no resource usage at all. We had one run where our cleric spent most of his mana on heals on Sorjek to help kill him and had leftover at the end.

Mass Heals on the Melee is my favorite strategy. As long as your group utilizes team work it shouldn't be very demanding.

Few suggestions. Melée should remember that Sorjek is lawful evil undead and use appropriate weapons. Caster should be dropping high power firewalls once the melées have Sorjek blocked in. I generally don't extend them because he moves so much.
    Last edited by Talcyndl; 11-30-2008 at 08:06 AM.

The last time 0 pots and I dont remember how many scrolls on my healing bard maybe 40 in a 4 person group with a wf sorc and 2 melee. The thing is the barb was dual wielding w/p heavy picks and had evasion and the ranger had at least a w/p rapier and of course had evasion. They both had nice weapons against sorjek and the red named as well. I don't know if that is a good example because just on the basis of weapons each melee might have been = to 2 melee.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 11-28-2008 at 11:37 AM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Talcyndl View Post
    Few suggestions. Melée should remember that Sorjek is lawful evil undead and use appropriate weapons. Faster should be dropping high power firewalls once the melées have Sorjek blocked in. I generally don't extend them because he moves so much.
    Nice pointers!

Time to dig up that holy khopesh of greater undead bane I have sitting on the alt I never played past lvl 4.
    "Nuke 'm or Die!"

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The last time 0 pots and I dont remember how many scrolls on my healing bard maybe 40 in a 4 person group with a wf sorc and 2 melee. The thing is the barb was dual wielding w/p heavy picks and had evasion and the ranger had at least a w/p rapier and of course had evasion. They both had nice weapons against sorjek and the red named as well. I don't know if that is a good sample because just on the basis of weapons each melee might have been = to 2 melee.

People get wrapped around the axle about w/p's. They're good, but the biggest disconnect since the Vale is con damage vs dps. A group w/ wounders (no WoP required), a few minor tactics (don't zerg, let the melees grab the agro first, be able to nuke air eles), and moderately decent dps weapons (giant skellie bashers work well on Sor'jek) just chews this quest up.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Well, I've only run it once, so I don't have much experience with it yet...

The first three rooms weren't too bad, even the fire room didn't seem that bad (my barbarian has firestorm greaves which I'm sure helped)...

The air room was a mess... Any tactics advice in there?? Pretty hard to fight the redname in there with all that fog...

Sorjek took a long time.. That guy jumps around like the kobold in the Shroud...

Plus, we weren't jumping off Sorjek to kill the mephits right away... That would have made a huge difference I'm guessing... What powers does each mephit give him?

The difference between simple and really hard is good WoP weapons for the melees.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    The air room was a mess... Any tactics advice in there?? Pretty hard to fight the redname in there with all that fog...
    Break Enchantment will clear up fog, though usually we just end up fighting blind until the end. Wear your feather fall the entire time is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Plus, we weren't jumping off Sorjek to kill the mephits right away... That would have made a huge difference I'm guessing... What powers does each mephit give him?
    Dust -> DR/-
    Ice -> A truly uber fireshield: blue....even greater cold resist won't cut all the damage, though someone in group was saying that cold resist + fireshield: red was stopping the damage...not first hand experience in my case, though.
    Fire -> Health regen
    Air -> Haste (thanks, Impaqt!)

When you jump off to kill the mephits, have whomever has his agro lead him around a little bit. Bringing him over to the guys trying to take the mephits down just sets them up for his cleave.

Oh, and have a couple people hotbar Remove Curse pots; he's a lich, and has the paralysing touch. One fewer thing for the cleric to have to worry about.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 11-28-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    Ascent

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    Break Enchantment will clear up fog, though usually we just end up fighting blind until the end. Wear your feather fall the entire time is good.

Dust -> DR/-
    Ice -> A truly uber fireshield: blue....even greater cold resist won't cut all the damage, though someone in group was saying that cold resist + fireshield: red was stopping the damage...not first hand experience in my case, though.
    Fire -> Health regen
    Air -> ???

When you jump off to kill the mephits, have whomever has his agro lead him around a little bit. Bringing him over to the guys trying to take the mephits down just sets them up for his cleave.
    AIr Mephit is a Haste Buff.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    People get wrapped around the axle about w/p's. They're good, but the biggest disconnect since the Vale is con damage vs dps. A group w/ wounders (no WoP required), a few minor tactics (don't zerg, let the melees grab the agro first, be able to nuke air eles), and moderately decent dps weapons (giant skellie bashers work well on Sor'jek) just chews this quest up.
    Never said they were necessary, but a w/p rapier does do twice the con damage as a regular wounder. Is one ranger wielding two w/p rapier better in there on the 4 elemental sections then two rangers dual wielding wounders? Probably not but I have feeling it is more close to one ranger = two rangers then the other way around.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Never said they were necessary, but a w/p rapier does do twice the con damage as a regular wounder. Is one ranger wielding two w/p rapier better in there on the 4 elemental sections then two rangers dual wielding wounders? Probably not but I have feeling it is more close to one ranger = two rangers then the other way around.

Yep yep, I'm with you. I apologize for quoting you, I realize you weren't saying they were necessary. Still working on my first cup of coffee.
    Ascent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast