Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Raid Loot Bug

The new Breastplate of Destruction does not work with Ranged weapons.

Breastplate of Destruction - +5 Breastplate, Mithral, Protection +4, Destruction

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...estruction.jpg

The "destruction" property on the armor work with melee but not ranged attacks. Neither bows nor xbows.

Perphaps the armor needs a fix for all weapons.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

/signed
    Characters: Maels
    Guild: Maelstrom
    Server: Thelanis
    http://maelstrom-ddo.guildportal.com

Ha thats funny my Breastplate of Destruction does the same thing, pretty usless if a ranger or rog that range cant use this armor for destruction purposes IMO.
    Officer of Maelstrom - Thelanis
    Torilin ~ Razzputin ~ Portix ~ Unitus ~ Aikman ~ Marrionn ~ Pearrll Jam ~ Staubach ~ Diazapam ~ Lanndry

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    The new Breastplate of Destruction does not work with Ranged weapons.

Breastplate of Destruction - +5 Breastplate, Mithral, Protection +4, Destruction

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...estruction.jpg

The "destruction" property on the armor work with melee but not ranged attacks. Neither bows nor xbows.

Perphaps the armor needs a fix for all weapons.
    It SHOULDN'T work for ranged weapons. This armor isn't like the crippling mithral chain. It doesn't say anything about giving weapons the destruction property. This item has destruction on it and so it only goes off when you get hit.

Think of it this way. A bow of destruction works because the bow "imbues" the arrow with the destruction property. The arrow hits the target and it gets destructed.

A melee weapon has the property and it works when it hits the mob.

This armor only works when you've been hit by a melee weapons because the "power" gets immediately transfered back to the mob that is hitting you (or think of it like this - you are beating on the mob using your body ).

The armor's "power" can't destruct a ranged mob because there is nothing physical to transmit back from the arrow. If the mobs shot arrows with string attached to them then I would say there is some conductive material for the power to flow to the ranged mobs.

I'm sure that's not as clear as I think it is but hopefully you'll get the idea.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga Nub View Post
    I'm sure that's not as clear as I think it is but hopefully you'll get the idea.
    I do get it. However, most are going to take it as a "lets make fun of ranged people again!!!" Or "They like the short stick after all."

Makes me sad really.. I was hoping it would work for range.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

thats what i brought up last night when the items dropped...that you destruct them when they hit you...so good for those bad ac builds lol....my barbarian would qualify.........but it looks so bad I would have to stone skin myself all the time

but the description reads that it gives that power to your weapons so I agree with the BUNK fix it

jrp

It SHOULDN'T work for ranged weapons. This armor isn't like the crippling mithral chain. It doesn't say anything about giving weapons the destruction property. This item has destruction on it and so it only goes off when you get hit.

Think of it this way. A bow of destruction works because the bow "imbues" the arrow with the destruction property. The arrow hits the target and it gets destructed.

This armor only works when you've been hit by a melee weapons because the "power" gets immediately transfered back to the mob that is hitting you (or think of it like this - you are beating on the mob using your body ).

The armor's "power" can't destruct a ranged mob because there is nothing physical to transmit back from the arrow. If the mobs shot arrows with string attached to them then I would say there is some conductive material for the power to flow to the ranged mobs.

this is not correct, while testing the armor last night after getting it i tried range nothing, then I tried melee, I did not get hit but I hit the target and the target was destructed.

In the description of the armor it says "when struck by" and "this weapon", says nothing about you needing to get hit. "this weapon" would indicate any weapon not just melee.
    Last edited by Torilin; 06-10-2008 at 09:53 AM.
    Torilin ~ Razzputin ~ Portix ~ Unitus ~ Aikman ~ Marrionn ~ Pearrll Jam ~ Staubach ~ Diazapam ~ Lanndry

Read the description and come back with a new arguement.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

/signed

Fix for ranged weapons please.

/signed

Fix ranged weapons.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Default MMmMMmMmMMmMmMmaybe.

(Combat): You roll a 1. You miss!

The wearer of the armor attempts to make an attack with a weapon. In this case, the Arrow is the weapon, or the Bolt is the weapon. In either case, the wielder touches the arrow, imbuing it with the property that powerfully affects any weapon used, which happens to be on the Armor.

Confirmation from the weapon(I.e. COMMUNICATION from the weapon to the armor that says "hey I hit something, activate!") is in this case irrational and unnecessary.

Now imagine it with Improved Precise Shot hitting a line of monsters you just dragged around for 4 minutes.

Devs is this broken or not? The wording would indicate it is.

Community Member genericearthling's Avatar

then make fearsome work on ranged too!

The breastplate is intended to grant the Destruction on-hit effect to wielded melee weapons, it will not function with either ranged weapons or unarmed combat (including handwraps). The description will be updated to clarify this. (And no longer refer to the breastplate as "a weapon".)

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The breastplate is intended to grant the Destruction on-hit effect to wielded melee weapons, it will not function with either ranged weapons or unarmed combat (including handwraps). The description will be updated to clarify this. (And no longer refer to the breastplate as "a weapon".)
    Thanks for the reply...now I know I can sell this armor.

Oooooh Tough Break...

What a load of ... WoW.

Community Member

Could you also answer if the other raid items are working as intended? The descriptions are very screwy.

Are the Levik and Lorrik shield supposed to be non-mithral, despite having Mithral listed for hardness?
    Is Chainshirt of Crippling supposed to apply to melee, ranged, and unarmed?
    Are the skill bonuses on Tharne's Goggles supposed to be 13, or 15?
    Are the set bonuses for Lorrik's Champion and Glacial Assault really supposed to be only 20% spell boosts, and not 30% or 40%?
    Is there really no docent?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Minds View Post
    I do get it. However, most are going to take it as a "lets make fun of ranged people again!!!" Or "They like the short stick after all."

Makes me sad really.. I was hoping it would work for range.
    slightly off topic, but i really saw the value of ranging again yesterday when i was in the subterrane on route to the hound and we got to the last room before the quest entrance (the one with all the reavers and beholders). Me and another ranger in the party cut down the mobs on two sides with multishot/improved precise shot before they made it to any of the party members.... people were like "hey... where are the beholders and flensers??...dead)

By contrast, i was in there on an earlier run without another ranger, and we almost wiped when someone pulled too many sides at once...
    <Sarlona>Leafy - ranger , Ingvild - fighter, Backk - rogue, Dahgnabbit - warlock , Reinheits - cleric, <Lost Legion>

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Thanks for the quick answer!

Now a followup...why?

If the enchanted armor that I'm wearing on my body transfers to the sword in my hand, why not to the hand itself?

I can see a bit better reason for it not to transfer to the ranged weapons, but it still woudl be nice if it could work for them. (the +2 hit bonsues work for ranged items right?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast