Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Marbar is "the" best event in ddo. Every other events like ice games, the one you need to catch some succubus, egg event etc are a bloody joke. Crystal cove give pretty good gears for its level, but you out lvled them so fast, its usefulness is only temp. Marbar on the other hand gave fantastic items, with delicious +4 tomes, to solid handwraps, arnors. It is by far the best event in ddo, and Turbine decided to remove it because their developers cant fix it.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kuttamia View Post
    Marbar is "the" best event in ddo. Every other events like ice games, the one you need to catch some succubus, egg event etc are a bloody joke. Crystal cove give pretty good gears for its level, but you out lvled them so fast, its usefulness is only temp. Marbar on the other hand gave fantastic items, with delicious +4 tomes, to solid handwraps, arnors. It is by far the best event in ddo, and Turbine decided to remove it because their developers cant fix it.
    I agree that Mabar was the best festival in DDO. A real shame they couldn't fix it

Default A funny thing happened on the way to the Cove thread...

Don't get me wrong, I do love running the Cove. But it's rather ironic that the Cove thread has been taken over with a Mabar theme. Mabar's been mentioned enough that Cordo has even stepped in and nixed the idea of Mabar showing up anytime soon.

In any case, there are some posts worthy of being mentioned here, so I will include a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Regarding Mabar, can we at least have the Mote of Night collector and Signet collector appear one more time so we could turn in what ingredients we have? I can understand it being discontinued, due to the incredible lag that just couldn't be fixed. However it seems wrong to discontinue it without giving people a chance to do some housekeeping. There might be an item we were working towards but didn't reach yet, and of course we'd now have to settle for a lesser item, but that's still better than nothing. Or are you telling us right now we may as well destroy whatever ingredients we have?
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Can't we have old mabar too for a weekend, just for memories sake? (And so we use up our ings!)
    I'd love some confirmation on this, as I and several others have asked this question several times. It's a very fair question to ask in light of how everything went down at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyz View Post
    Give me my Mabar back please.
    Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    moar mabar please|
    I see a pattern here...
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

I'd rather have Mabar with lag than no Mabar at all.

Gimme Mabar!

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    I'd rather have Mabar with lag than no Mabar at all.

Gimme Mabar!
    The Night Revels festival will probably be a worthy successor to Mabar. The new Halloween event will keep the slayer spawns portion of the Mabar event from Delera's Graveyard, so at least we will have that. Maybe the Spectral Dragon can be brought back as a special, seasonal raid.

Default Farewell Mabar!

Cordovan has sounded the death knell on Mabar on a different thread...can but hope there's at least a nod to the old Mabar in whatever is launched in October...
    ...surely the dev's can see the love for Mabar!...
    ...but we're just torturing ourselves as far as Mabar is concerned now I think...

Community Member

I just found this posted by Cordovan in a thread titled, "Crystal Cove? Again? Really?" Or something like that. You can find it yourself if you look under Dev Tracker. He posted it yesterday:

"Crystal Cove is here this weekend as a nod to Talk Like a Pirate Day. The Mabar Festival will not be returning, although we will be debuting our new seasonal festival in October."

Excuse me while I go cry now =(. Mabar was my favorite event of the year, lag and all.

Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    The Night Revels festival will probably be a worthy successor to Mabar. The new Halloween event will keep the slayer spawns portion of the Mabar event from Delera's Graveyard, so at least we will have that. Maybe the Spectral Dragon can be brought back as a special, seasonal raid.
    A seasonal raid, like once a year, like on Halloween?

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlsdown View Post
    A seasonal raid, like once a year, like on Halloween?
    He's talking about a regular raid, not a raid in the middle of a festival (so there's already lag), that opens several instances of the raid all at the same time.

It is a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    Prediction:

Either it will come back as the same game crippling fiasco as before, despite having been "fixed" and will shut down within 2 days.

Or there will be no "event", just mabar items available from remnants vendor.
    Like I said.

See second possibility.
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    He's talking about a regular raid, not a raid in the middle of a festival (so there's already lag), that opens several instances of the raid all at the same time.

It is a huge difference.
    I think I see what you mean.

Default Mabar Re-Incarnated = Night Revels

One thing that I am truly looking forward to is the new event, the Night Revels festival. Without a doubt, salvaging Mabar was a reason that I started this thread, but there are also 3 other main reasons:

• 1) To get what was good about Mabar included into the thought process for the new Night Revels festival.
    • 2) To demonstrate the support & genuine love for the Mabar Endless Night festival in the community.
    • 3) Bring about some closure in regard to unused Mabar mat's & unfinished gear.

For the first item, Turbine has a lot to prove with the Night Revels festival & it is my sincere belief that they have a keen interest in making it a success. The way that Mabar perished left a lot of people feeling very dissatisfied and definitely created a void in the Halloween season for many a player. So yes, Turbine has a lot to prove to both themselves and to us as players in making Night Revels a worthy successor, and I hope that they have pulled it off in spectacular fashion. With any luck, some of the great ideas that have been presented here have been or will be incorporated into Night Revels. This same need to see the Night Revels festival succeed is why I don't think we'll ever see Mabar again, unless it's further down the road well after Night Revels is an established success. The revelation that Night Revels will include the Delera's Graveyard area supports this thinking, it wouldn't make sense to have two 'competing' festivals with similar themes. Turbine needs a win here.

For the second item, all I will say is... Mission Accomplished. Mabar was a place that years ago I met friends that I still have to this day, and by the volume of posts here, it's totally evident that many of you are extremely fond of the event as well. Even two years down the road, this thread, as well as any of the many others where Mabar has come up, always generates similar strong responses. Yes Mabar had a few warts, but Turbine should still be proud of creating something that had such a strong & lasting impact on the community. Truly a shame that the bugs had it taken away from us.

Thirdly, I know this question has come up here repeatedly and in other Mabar threads as well, but when Mabar abruptly ended, there were many, many, many people who were quite literally left holding the bag on unfinished gear. I know that I felt deprived of the opportunity, and based on some of the posts, several others do too. Allowing us to finish these items would go a long way towards remedying those feelings & it would generate a lot of community good will. Otherwise, I could see something similar to the 'Angry Mob' movement happening all over again. Being able to craft Mabar items again is a fair question, but part of me is wondering if the reason that we've not heard any feedback on it yet is because they don't want to spoil the surprise of having it included in Night Revels. Time will tell.

If what I heard in the livecast was correct, we will see more details on Night Revels some time after the release of U28. Night Revels, here we come...
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

The very last Mabar Festival arrived shortly after I started playing and I have fond memories of struggling in the Graveyard and fighting the Spectral Dragon. Unlike many, I never experienced crippling lag and was surprised and saddened to see the event pulled and deleted.

Since the old event was just the Graveyard, Spectral Dragon raid, and equipment barterer, I expect the new event will consist of the Graveyard, some quick group activity, and equipment barterer. I have no grandiose expectations.

Community Member

A thought just crossed my mind. I hope the new ingredients (since they said old will be removed) will fit in the already existing bags. No card bags like Mimic event...
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    A thought just crossed my mind. I hope the new ingredients (since they said old will be removed) will fit in the already existing bags. No card bags like Mimic event...
    I hope they make some sort of trade mechanism so I can put my hard work still to good use.

I would argue that they should re-use the summoning chamber for this new event..minus the dragon and gargoyles. Maybe populate it with some random red named undead. Or maybe some nasty master Necromancer behind the scenes who is responsible for all the undead roaming the landscape. Some quest that recommends 6 man parties similar to that in the cove.

The Summoning chamber was a fun place that shouldn't just be abandoned. Let do something good for the environment...lets recycle (The summoning Chamber).
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    Seconded, the last thing we need is more baggage (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    I hope they make some sort of trade mechanism so I can put my hard work still to good use.
    Anyone that legitimately worked for and earned those mat's should feel the same way. I have never been a fan of making the collective whole suffer for the acts of a few.

Default go green!

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I would argue that they should re-use the summoning chamber for this new event..minus the dragon and gargoyles. Maybe populate it with some random red named undead. Or maybe some nasty master Necromancer behind the scenes who is responsible for all the undead roaming the landscape. Some quest that recommends 6 man parties similar to that in the cove.

The Summoning chamber was a fun place that shouldn't just be abandoned. Let do something good for the environment...lets recycle (The summoning Chamber).
    No need to throw it on the scrap heap! Bring it back as a standalone raid or re-purpose it somehow, there are lots of creative options that could be employed here.

Community Member

Default Lets straigh things first

Before we give some hasty opinion about mabar... I for one would like to know the actual cause of the mabar LAG, so maybe we can come up with alternative solutions that the Developers missed.
    Almost a hundred person can nicely make in mabar public area with random monsters and no lag problem. What is it that causes the lag when the server has to make 16 player instance groups? Curiousity...got to love the world :-)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast